Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told and some of you may know this already, that in 2019 all but the SXT will be widebodies with electric steering, plus a limited addition Hellcat which will have a more powerful engine. Is this true.

·
Registered
38 Posts
2019 Dodge Challenger

Here's what's coming for 2019. I copied this from Hellcat.org. It was posted by RS who tends to know what's coming.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019 Dodge Challenger information thread
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Compiled by ResumeSpeed

**** SOME INFORMATION MAY BE TENTATIVE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE ****

Exclusive information for Hellcat.org
Last updated: February 14, 2018

2019 Challenger Production and ordering dates:
(Last day of production for 2018 Challenger: July 13, 2018)
(Last day to order 2018 Challenger: May 17, 2018)

2019 order banks open USA: June 8, 2018
2019 order banks open Canada: June 2018
2019 production launch: August 20, 2018
2019 press Launch: September 1, 2018
--------------------------------------------------------

2019 Challenger model lineup (partial list, tentative)

SXT
SXT Plus
GT AWD
GT RWD
R/T
R/T Shaker
R/T Plus
R/T Plus Shaker
R/T Scat Pack 392
R/T Scat Pack 392 Shaker
R/T Scat Pack 392 (special performance edition)
R/T Scat Pack 392 Wide body
SRT 392
SRT 392 Wide body
SRT Hellcat 6.2L (707 HP)
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Widebody (707 HP)
SRT Hellcat 6.2L Widebody SE (>707 HP)

What's New: 2019 Challenger

(Information in progress)

- Expanded wide body models
- New RWD GT
- New R/T Scat Pack 392 (performance edition)
- New Hellcat WB (special edition)
- New hood (Hellcat, twin scoops)
- New Electric Power Steering (Standard on Hellcat models)
- New _______ (Standard on Hellcat & RT 392 models)
- New _______ (Standard on Hellcat models)
- New _______ (WB SE & R/T SP SE only)
- New _______ (WB SE & R/T SP SE only)
- New __L engine

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am extremely excited for all the details to come out on the 19s and I plan on getting one. Unfortunately, after 6 months of relentless efforts, no dice on the Demon for me, but I believe the 19 hellcat WB will solve that nicely! Can't wait to see what the details on the Hellcat WB SE is and what the new hood on the hellcat looks like.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think at this point, it's more like us asking Dodge "what is actually sacred to you?"

All the cool "special" edition models features have been eventually broken up and passed down to lower class models of the Challenger like hand-me-downs.

Demon Widebody flares, special edition wheels, Hellcat intake, SRT 392 hood, brembo brakes, active exhaust, etc. Are now all obtainable on a SRT 392, T/A, and scatpacks with dynamics packages. Anything else can be installed through Tazer.

At this point, the only real advantage of having a hellcat is the horsepower and suspension system.

If you're not worried about HP, it's best just to get a Widebody SRT 392 or T/A and pay for a custom exhaust and Tazer. This shouldn't be. It's kind of a slap in the face to first buyers of those specific models

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I think at this point, it's more like us asking Dodge "what is actually sacred to you?"

All the cool "special" edition models features have been eventually broken up and passed down to lower class models of the Challenger like hand-me-downs.

Demon Widebody flares, special edition wheels, Hellcat intake, SRT 392 hood, brembo brakes, active exhaust, etc. Are now all obtainable on a SRT 392, T/A, and scatpacks with dynamics packages. Anything else can be installed through Tazer.

At this point, the only real advantage of having a hellcat is the horsepower and suspension system.

If you're not worried about HP, it's best just to get a Widebody SRT 392 or T/A and pay for a custom exhaust and Tazer. This shouldn't be. It's kind of a slap in the face to first buyers of those specific models

Wow sounds like a lot of butt hurt over Chrysler getting rid of parts on the shelves before the platform change.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

I agree. If you’re dropping that kind of money for a supercharged car there should be an easy visual distinction. Don’t water down the uniqueness.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I am extremely excited for all the details to come out on the 19s and I plan on getting one. Unfortunately, after 6 months of relentless efforts, no dice on the Demon for me, but I believe the 19 hellcat WB will solve that nicely! Can't wait to see what the details on the Hellcat WB SE is and what the new hood on the hellcat looks like.
Sorry to hear that, why didn't the demon happen?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I agree. If you’re dropping that kind of money for a supercharged car there should be an easy visual distinction. Don’t water down the uniqueness.
Exactly!! Dodge, where are you going with this? the way things are going it seems like only a matter of (short) time before the demon owners get the shaft as well..I say don't bite the hand that feeds and find a better system to stop scum ball gouging dealers with something other then a slap on the wrist :icon_flaming: not a rant just an observation

·
Registered
28 Posts
Personally, I don't care if Dodge offers the widebody on non-hellcat versions. It's no different than GM with the Grand Sport Corvette. Engine of the regular vette, but body of the Z06. They cover all the bases that way. To me the distinction comes from the added HP and the unmistakable blower whine. :smile:

Sorry to hear that, why didn't the demon happen?
Thank you. Yea, real bummer. I can't even count how many I pursued. I guess it all came down to supply and demand and there was just way too much demand to cover the 3,000 cars made. As always happens when a very limited production is offered, Greed takes over. Some dealerships wanted as much as $50k over. However, I try to believe that things work out for a reason and based on the information coming out on the 19s, I can't wait! I am hoping some Demon goodies make it to the Special Edition WB and I hope the rear seat delete option is still available in 19.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Sorry, where do you think we are?

This is a forum for a mass-produced muscle car meant to appeal to the common man. Mass-produced is the opposite of unique. Hell it's quickly becoming more popular than the Camaro and Mustang. There's more Challengers on the road now than there ever was, and will continue to remain that way at least until 2023.

All that makes those cars unique is on the inside, and if you need to "look unique", either go aftermarket or buy a Ferrari and live somewhere out in the middle of Wyoming.

Why does Dodge need to miss out on lost sales because someone else having a similar toy doesn't stroke the ego of a few owners?

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
FCA has great marketing. It sells cars.

"Lower class models"....................................that's just an "ego" statement coming out of a pie hole! LOL

A Challenger is a Challenger, and FCA is offering something to everybody, with and without an ego.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Sorry, where do you think we are?

This is a forum for a mass-produced muscle car meant to appeal to the common man. Mass-produced is the opposite of unique. Hell it's quickly becoming more popular than the Camaro and Mustang. There's more Challengers on the road now than there ever was, and will continue to remain that way at least until 2023.

All that makes those cars unique is on the inside, and if you need to "look unique", either go aftermarket or buy a Ferrari and live somewhere out in the middle of Wyoming.

Why does Dodge need to miss out on lost sales because someone else having a similar toy doesn't stroke the ego of a few owners?
Sorry $70-$90k muscle cars are not mass produced. Oh yeah you might have them confused with all the other Challengers because they look the same.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Sorry $70-$90k muscle cars are not mass produced. Oh yeah you might have them confused with all the other Challengers because they look the same.

I'm sorry, we're talking about Dodge, right?

Puts-truck-engines-into-sports-cars Dodge, right? Puts-minivan-switches-into-their-super-car Dodge? Puts-super-car-engine-into-trucks Dodge?

That same Dodge?

Mass-produced is mass-produced, regardless of whether they make 50,000 cars or 3,000. Your engine wasn't put together by a German engineer, your upholstery wasn't handcrafted by an Italian artisan, and your chassis wasn't hand-welded by a British welder from Rolls Royce. All Challengers roll down the same factory floor, some might end up at Ground Effects for decals or extra doo-dads.

I wouldn't and didn't buy Dodge to feel "unique". I did it because I like how the car looks, how it sounds, how it drives, and most of all because "**** you and your slow piece of shit, go be slow somewhere else".

Not sure how to tell you this, but you're in the wrong [email protected]#$ing neighborhood.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
693 Posts

Puts-truck-engines-into-sports-cars Dodge, right? Puts-minivan-switches-into-their-super-car Dodge? Puts-super-car-engine-into-trucks Dodge?

That same Dodge?

Mass-produced is mass-produced, regardless of whether they make 50,000 cars or 3,000. Your engine wasn't put together by a German engineer, your upholstery wasn't handcrafted by an Italian artisan, and your chassis wasn't hand-welded by a British welder from Rolls Royce. All Challengers roll down the same factory floor, some might end up at Ground Effects for decals or extra doo-dads.

I wouldn't and didn't buy Dodge to feel "unique". I did it because I like how the car looks, how it sounds, how it drives, and most of all because "**** you and your slow piece of shit, go be slow somewhere else".

Not sure how to tell you this, but you're in the wrong [email protected]#$ing neighborhood.
I have to disagree.............My Sepia Laguna leather seats are made with the hides of Swedish cows, god bless 'em....
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/srt-adds-luxurious-sepia-laguna-leather-to-its-lineup-63895.html

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

That same Dodge?

Says someone from California. lol

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
693 Posts
Upholstery not made by Italian Artisans...

Again, god bless the Swedish cows for making something nice to sit my ass on...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts