Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about picking up a new scatpack. Which package would you fine people get? The widebody gets the fenders, suspension, bigger wheels/tires for 6k. The T/A gets the satin black roof/hood/trunk, mopar CAI, black grill, open headlight for air flow for 3.5k. Does the widebody get the open headlight also? They advertise it on the TA package but I am not sure if it comes on all the scatpacks. I am a big fan of the black top of the TA, but love the widebody look. I figured I could get my hood wrapped but from the factory, just wondering everyone's opinions!

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I'd get the wide body in an instant over the T/A! I've seen a couple of them in person and they look Fantastic! The square 305 tires all the way around make them look Sinister and Mean!

If we didn't already have Ruby (our 2015 SRT 392), I'd get a widebody Scat Pack!

My advice is to go to your dealer and walk around, sit in and drive them both and see which one makes your heart beat faster. Good Luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
9,009 Posts
Lot's of variety available now. When I ordered my '16 SP, the TA and WB options weren't offered.

I went with the base SP, and added TA style striping. Pics in my Garage Section. I've been very pleased in every way.

If I was ordering today, I would highly consider the WB, even though I don't track. I would want to test drive one though, to see how the ride quality is.

Might consider the factory TA package, if I didn't like the ride. Not nuts about the trunk/top/hood all being black, but that's just me.

Other TA features are nice, but again, not a must have for me.

Bottom line, personal choice, and best of luck.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I was at my dealer on Monday and they had a few WB Scat Pack. I'm not a fan of the flares but love the wider wheels. As said, it's a matter of choice. To each their own. There's a red WB in the background. They also had one in White.

Attachments

·
Vendor
5,565 Posts
I would for sure get the Widebody Scat Pack. I love the look!

I have a '17 T/A 392, btw.

·
Registered
725 Posts
If I were to be given a free wide body, the first thing I would do, would be to dive it to a dealer and trade it in on a non- wide body.

·
Super Moderator
12,551 Posts
All the Challengers have the headlight openings now. The T/A advertises the illuminated air catcher headlamps, they are lit up and say T/A. That's different than just the open headlights.

A Guy

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you get the WB, you will want to put PPF on the front of the flares and prob lower door and fenders at a MINIMUM. From everything Ive read on the WB HC, they take a beating from rocks and stuff.

Id want to drive the new Scat WB before Id buy. I DO like the ida of the 305s all around and the stiffer sway bars on the 19 Scat. Dont know if they T/A gets the bars as well or not.

IF I went SP, Id get the 3 mode suspension as IMO its better than the T/A. In my 15 HC I felt Street mode was more comfortable in every day driving and SPORT was better in the twisties than my 18 T/A.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In my opinion the widebody is worth every cent and the 2019 will also have the Hellcat hood which I also like. Plan on buying one next year.

·
Registered
760 Posts
This one all comes down to how you feel about those Fender Flares.

If you like 'em........the Wide Body Scat Pack is tough to argue against.

If you don't.......the TA is probably the better buy.

Here's anotehr thought though that might give you even more to consider in a 3rd choice.

I bought an 18 TA back in April and don't intend to trade but had I waited 'till this year?

I'd likely have taken a "pass" on both the TA and the Wide Body Scat Pack for 2019.

Seems to me the hot ticket this year is that new 1320. Seems like in this car I'd get my biggest "bang for the buck" vs both the 392 TA or the Wide Body Scat Pack.

·
Super Moderator
12,551 Posts
Is it all challengers or RT’s and up?
All 2015+ Challengers have the "Hellcat headlight air intake opening".

A Guy

·
Registered
27 Posts
I might be a little biased since I just placed a factory order for an Octane Red widebody scat pack, but I definitely like the widebody look, it makes the car look more aggressive. The new scat pack widebodys look like last years Hellcats widebodys, the picture attached is a 2018 Hellcat widebody but the 2019 scat pack widebody looks nearly exactly the same(same rims,hood)

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all for the replies. I am leaning towards the widebody as of now. I was wondering why they advertised the illuminated head lamps on the T/A. Glad to know all the models have the open headlamp. As for the 1320, I really like the options but for my daily driver/occasional spirited driving style, I wont be able to take advantage of that. Does dodge/mopar offer the lifetime maxcare warranty for the scatpacks?

·
Registered
9,009 Posts
Thanks all for the replies. I am leaning towards the widebody as of now. I was wondering why they advertised the illuminated head lamps on the T/A. Glad to know all the models have the open headlamp. As for the 1320, I really like the options but for my daily driver/occasional spirited driving style, I wont be able to take advantage of that. Does dodge/mopar offer the lifetime maxcare warranty for the scatpacks?
Not anymore

·
Registered
9,009 Posts
Not anymore

Whats the most they offer? Or is it just the normal factory numbers
You can check with Luke at Steve White or online with Ziegler for current plans available.

SW is a forum sponsor and Ziegler is a dealer that sells on line.

Both offer the factory Chrysler warranties.

·
Super Moderator
12,551 Posts
I was not a fan of added flares. But as with the new Hellcat hood, seeing them in use on actual cars has changed my mind. I think a Widebody Scat is perhaps the best offering in a Challenger as far as bang per buck. A Guy

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
About this Discussion
74 Replies
36 Participants
hemi leadsled
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing