Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Brand new to the forum but not Mopar. Currently my wife drives a 2019 Charger AWD Plumb Crazy Purple and I drive a 2017 Durango R/T White Knuckle.

I'm on the Hunt for a Scat pack and have built the 2020 a few different ways. I wanted to talk to you guys about a few things.
1- The Scat Pack now comes with the SRT hood which leaks water into the engine bay. That totally annoys me as keeping a clean engine seems like it's going to be more work then usual. I maintenance wash each week and also clean the jams and underneath the Hood. I can see those vents causing more work. I'm sure they work as intended .
I'm thinking frog skin which is a brand that makes a breathable material that Motocross guys use which allows air in and restricts water. Anyone use it or something like it on those vents?
2- The 1320 is so attractive but I'm not into driving on the street with street race tires. If I went this way I would have to buy another set of wheels which I love the 1320 wheel set they look amazing and they are lightweight and have a special outer ring for drag racing. Getting all the features of the 1320 seems like a good move except the tires.
The other option for the 275 tire width is the Dynamics package which leaves out the line lock. That is an attractive feature for heating up your tires and not killing your rear brakes. The Scat pack has Brembo pistons and to replace the pads and rotors isn't cheap.
3- Heated and Ventilated seats. This is one feature my Durango has that is absolutely a must. I live in PA right near Philadelphia and we get extreme weather both cold and hot. So this feature is awesome. I see on the website that the seats are Suede and Leather mix, anyone have any issues with them? My Durango is full Leather.
4- Color, man let me tell you I'm having a hell of a time selecting a color. I hate and love that Dodge has some of the coolest colors on the market. The Octane Red is what I was going to get on my next Durango but that Frost Bite Blue is amazing. Then there is the Cinnamon Stick which is actually spelled with a S instead of a C and is super nice. I saw a Hellcat Charger in that color and WOW what a color. I'm currently rocking White Knuckle on the Durango ceramic coated and love the shine. It's so nice and doesn't seem to chip that much at all. in 3 years I probably have a total of 9 or less chips on the front end and mostly on the bottom. I have 1 on the hood. I'm having such a hard time between those colors and all other others except F8 Green. Not a huge fan , I like the color just don't want to own it. Orange I think is out but man when I see one all shined up it makes me feel strange inside LOL.

Automatic is a go as having a 6 speed for the 1/4 mile and around town I'm over that. My last manual was a BMW and when I was tired or in light to light traffic I hated it. It was really one fun on back roads which was amazing. Other then that the Auto in my opinion is the way to go.

Well thanks up front for any options on different options for the Scat pack, Oh by the way as nice as the wide body is I'm more into the standard look and 275 tire size. I'm sure the 305 width helps but for front tires 2? That's to much roll resistance and I would have to replace the fronts with a smaller 275 or even 245 for daily and weekend trips to the strip.

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
352 Posts
Hi,

I understand you're dilemma, just ordered a F8 M6 Scat Pack, I was always wanting a B5, but 2020 has the frostbite which is close, or white, watched Vanishing Point a few too many times, but the Octane does look nice, local dealership had a 1320 last year sitting out front. Wife would have rather me got that, but Green kept catching my eye.

I ordered mine a week ago, to get the power bucks as that ended Monday, and still waiting on a vin, believe if you want a 2020 you have to get the order in by 8-27-20, 2021 orders start 10-06-20, from what I round on the web:

Good luck with the choices, nice problems to have as they have a lot of different ways to choose what you want, except for lower price, lol

Regards,
Jim

Reactions: Mantis1

·
Registered
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
723 Posts
I'm biased on this option...........
  • Shaker Package. You'll love this more in person than the SRT hood. No rain/water issues with this. Tightly sealed as well as the CAI box.
Next, Dynamics Package.
  • 275/40ZR20 All-Season Performance Tires in addition 6 piston Brembo front brakes.
Net price of those two w/ A8 = $42,225.

Add anything else your heart desires and you'll have one sexy car.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
BTW, Power Dollars extended until at least 8/31

A Guy

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
A comeritive 50th will have a solid dual scoop hood.

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
  • Shaker Package. You'll love this more in person than the SRT hood. No rain/water issues with this. Tightly sealed as well as the CAI box.
Next, Dynamics Package.
  • 275/40ZR20 All-Season Performance Tires in addition 6 piston Brembo front brakes.

another option is T/A 392 - center scoop is functional. No other vents open to elements

the sides stripes can be a delete option. The blackout hood / roof / trunk are part of the package and can't be changed.

The alcantara (T/A logo) seat is extra cost option (to have vented seats) and the 6 piston Brembo is optional and comes with 275/40 - 20 tires with the brake package

·
Registered
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
723 Posts
As you can imagine, you have plenty of great options.

I also have the Alcantara/leather option. The suede Alcantara is a very durable seat option. Mine is over 5 years old and is still like new.

Use your best judgement.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Next, Dynamics Package.

absolutely getting the Dynamics Package. I can't see any reason not to get it. I find it to be that in between option instead of going with the full 1320 package.
The Shaker is something I keep looking at. It is sexy and I do like it's functional. Very cool option.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
505 Posts
...The Scat Pack now comes with the SRT hood which leaks water into the engine bay....
One of my grandfather's favorite stories.... Ettore Bugatti was confronted by one of his customers who complained about the car being tough to start on cold mornings Bugatti proceeded to tear the customer a new one, proclaiming 'Anyone who can afford one of my cars can afford a heated garage to park it in!' According to Wikipedia there is truth to that story!

And perhaps the lesson it contains could be applied to Scat Pack 'leaky' hoods. :p

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
2,181 Posts
emichael.......please tell us what your build spec is? Thank you kindly.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One of my grandfather's favorite stories.... Ettore Bugatti was confronted by one of his customers who complained about the car being tough to start on cold mornings Bugatti proceeded to tear the customer a new one, proclaiming 'Anyone who can afford one of my cars can afford a heated garage to park it in!' According to Wikipedia there is truth to that story!

And perhaps the lesson it contains could be applied to Scat Pack 'leaky' hoods. :p
That doesn't help if you driving it. My Challenger will be parked in the garage when not in use

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello all,
Brand new to the forum but not Mopar. Currently my wife drives a 2019 Charger AWD Plumb Crazy Purple and I drive a 2017 Durango R/T White Knuckle.

I'm on the Hunt for a Scat pack and have built the 2020 a few different ways. I wanted to talk to you guys about a few things.
1- The Scat Pack now comes with the SRT hood which leaks water into the engine bay. That totally annoys me as keeping a clean engine seems like it's going to be more work then usual. I maintenance wash each week and also clean the jams and underneath the Hood. I can see those vents causing more work. I'm sure they work as intended .
I'm thinking frog skin which is a brand that makes a breathable material that Motocross guys use which allows air in and restricts water. Anyone use it or something like it on those vents?
2- The 1320 is so attractive but I'm not into driving on the street with street race tires. If I went this way I would have to buy another set of wheels which I love the 1320 wheel set they look amazing and they are lightweight and have a special outer ring for drag racing. Getting all the features of the 1320 seems like a good move except the tires.
The other option for the 275 tire width is the Dynamics package which leaves out the line lock. That is an attractive feature for heating up your tires and not killing your rear brakes. The Scat pack has Brembo pistons and to replace the pads and rotors isn't cheap.
3- Heated and Ventilated seats. This is one feature my Durango has that is absolutely a must. I live in PA right near Philadelphia and we get extreme weather both cold and hot. So this feature is awesome. I see on the website that the seats are Suede and Leather mix, anyone have any issues with them? My Durango is full Leather.
4- Color, man let me tell you I'm having a hell of a time selecting a color. I hate and love that Dodge has some of the coolest colors on the market. The Octane Red is what I was going to get on my next Durango but that Frost Bite Blue is amazing. Then there is the Cinnamon Stick which is actually spelled with a S instead of a C and is super nice. I saw a Hellcat Charger in that color and WOW what a color. I'm currently rocking White Knuckle on the Durango ceramic coated and love the shine. It's so nice and doesn't seem to chip that much at all. in 3 years I probably have a total of 9 or less chips on the front end and mostly on the bottom. I have 1 on the hood. I'm having such a hard time between those colors and all other others except F8 Green. Not a huge fan , I like the color just don't want to own it. Orange I think is out but man when I see one all shined up it makes me feel strange inside LOL.

Automatic is a go as having a 6 speed for the 1/4 mile and around town I'm over that. My last manual was a BMW and when I was tired or in light to light traffic I hated it. It was really one fun on back roads which was amazing. Other then that the Auto in my opinion is the way to go.

Well thanks up front for any options on different options for the Scat pack, Oh by the way as nice as the wide body is I'm more into the standard look and 275 tire size. I'm sure the 305 width helps but for front tires 2? That's to much roll resistance and I would have to replace the fronts with a smaller 275 or even 245 for daily and weekend trips to the strip.
So I have a 2019 scat pack. It has now body packages or anything. Just the upgraded alpine audio, and the bigger touch screen with navigation. Now I'm not sure what you mean by srt hood, so i will post a couple pics of how mine looks after a little over a year.

So a caveat about the state of my engine compartment, I live way out in the country by almond orchards. I have not cleaned the engine bay at all. Mine is a worst case scenario. I have to drive down dry dusty dirt roads, and summer time people are sweeping almonds everywhere around here. I live in the central valley, just for a reference. IMO I think they stay as clean as cars with no hood vents, but again it is all up to you.

·
Registered
981 Posts
My hood looks fine after 14 months but of course that’s only 4K miles but just spray it once a week? It’s not as bad as you think.

The seats are awesome.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
That doesn't help if you driving it. My Challenger will be parked in the garage when not in use
It’s a car, it was built to get wet. Buy it, drive it and enjoy it.
Is it a daily or extra car?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello all,

1-There is a company that sells block off plates for hood vents. I don't recall the name?
2-The 1320 ONLY comes with drag radials , you cant get dynamics package unless you order regular Scat Pack car. I drive my 1320 with rear drags on all the time and put all season just in front, drags are ok in rain but not in snow and I don't drive car in snow. If you want to daily drive 1320 then just replace all the drags with all season but don't expect traction issues when you accelerate, lol. BTW, the 275 drags work better than 305 streets. The standard 4 piston brembos work just fine, I did swap out the original metallic pads for a set of ceramics to cut down on brake dust. All the colors look great, mine is knuckle white. Good luck with your purchase.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

Just got my 2020 Scat Pack 1320 August 3rd, still in break in will update in a few weeks but I must say it is a Monstah!
Just wit till you hit 501 miles, then the fun really begins.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts