Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this today. Sounds like some faulty laminate mixture was used to bond windshields to the car and discovered to be problematic. Challengers, Chargers, and 300s are included. Depends on date of manufacture.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
25,759 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Yep, mine is on the recall list! But no info is available yet as to when it can be replaced.

RemedyFCA US will conduct a voluntary safety recall on all affected vehicles to remove and replace the front windshield urethane sealant.
Manufacturer's Notes For more information, visit recalls.mopar.com or call 1-800-853-1403. Please have your VIN ready when calling.

Reactions: MorrisGray

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
25,759 Posts
Dealers will remove and replace the front windshield urethane sealant, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed August 27, 2021. Owners may contact FCA US LLC customer service at 1-800-853-1403. FCA US LLC's number for this recall is Y47.

The suspect period began on October 27, 2020, when Brampton Assembly Plant added the non-conforming batch of clear coat to the system, and ended on December 4, 2020, when the suspect clear coat was consumed during vehicle production. The suspect period was determined using vehicle production and supplier records.

The total affected vehicles for this model is 8,667.

If your manufacture date isn't in that range, looks like you are good

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife’s Charger built in November, 2020 is on the recall list.

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
Ran my VIN on the NHTSA website. It says no recall for my car so I guess I just missed it.
My car was built after 12/4/20.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
My car was built in August 2020, bought it 9/11/2020, and it's on the recall list, I ran my VIN.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Worded like they are re-setting existing windshields. I bet they break a fair number getting them out. This could be interesting.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger SXT, Octane Red Metallic, Ruby Red/Black Int.
273 Posts
They're going to have fun cleaning off the old urethane without making a mess of the windshield for re-installation.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
They're going to have fun cleaning off the old urethane without making a mess of the windshield for re-installation.
it looks like I’m FINALLY outside of the time frame for a vehicle recall.

For once! 🕺

Reactions: Lowkeymikel

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am not letting anyone touch my windshield. Just a heads up guys if it cracks and they have to install a new one, you wont get the OEM one with the cool little pic of a challenger on the lower portion.

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
I am not letting anyone touch my windshield. Just a heads up guys if it cracks and they have to install a new one, you wont get the OEM one with the cool little pic of a challenger on the lower portion.
Why would they be unable to get the OEM part. :unsure:
They are Dodge!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
If the urethane isn't sticking like it is supposed to, it may come off relatively easy. :unsure:

Still, I bet a bunch of new windshields go in on this one.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
You sure will. Just have to tell them that’s what you require.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
i just had a original ford logo windshield put in my 04 excursion last week 17 years down the road, so you would think that whomever is making these for dodge would have tons of these ready for replacement use....i always ask for oem glass when it is being replaced or they will replace with whatever the cheapest glass they have is.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Where exactly is that?

I never found it on my 2020 SPWB…

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
Where exactly is that?

I never found it on my 2020 SPWB…
Looking from the front it is bottom right. You can see it from the drivers seat really good if you look at the bottom left of the windshield.

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,010 Posts
As long as those affected don't hit a tree, wall, or alternate object while traveling at 70 mph, they should be okay.:whistle:
I wonder if there was an accident where the entire windshield flew out in one sheet? Then, upon further investigation, the defective adhesion problem was identified as the cause.
I don't think this has anything to do with the actual glass itself in terms of lamination. It's more likely the urethane sealing material is not adhering to the glass properly due to the clear coat being applied wrong. Whatever it is, no doubt techs will break a windshield here or there where 8,667 units are involved.

Reactions: MorrisGray
1 - 20 of 38 Posts