Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Looking from the front it is bottom right. You can see it from the drivers seat really good if you look at the bottom left of the windshield.
Thanks! I see it now!

Wow, that’s obscure…

Had the car a year. Heard of it, just now saw it.

You guys have GREAT eyes!

Me, not so much… 🤗

Now, I just Gotta wonder…

What was the purpose of putting it on?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Thanks! I see it now!

Wow, that’s obscure…

Had the car a year. Heard of it, just now saw it.

You guys have GREAT eyes!

Me, not so much… 🤗

Now, I just Gotta wonder…

What was the purpose of putting it on?
It's a Chrysler Easter Egg. They do stuff like that. Look at the underside of your center console lid.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
The Hellcat windshield image is doing a burnout. A Guy has posted it a couple times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
If you read it, it mentions the problem is with the clear coat. I think that’s what I’m reading.

if so, they are talking about the base coat/clear coat bond.

everyone can do their own thing, but if this is voluntary, I would personally skip it.

Reason being the high likelihood the car will be worse after the warranty work.

Ford is going through the same thing right now and from what I have seen the recall instructions are basically being ignored by low cost glass clowns that dealers are subletting the work to.

I have done one of these on a Ford. You need to take the windshield out, strip the paint, epoxy prime the mounting area, then reset the windshield. I did it as a sublet for the local Ford dealer and they refused to provide warranty instruction in an effort to reduce cost (the cost of what we charge vs what Ford will cover).

took 2 weeks of refusing to do the repair without documentation before we got the information we need. The dealer told us all we needed to do was take the glass out and put it back in.

this same dealer also sells Chrysler/dodge/ Jeep/ ram.

im really interested in reading the full recall instructions. The actual repair procedures provided to the tech.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,313 Posts
Will just keep ours out of the rain......................

·
Registered
68 Posts
Why would they be unable to get the OEM part. :unsure:
They are Dodge!
Dealerships use outside glass companies for the glass work. I should know I build for Mopar/GM for the last 3 decades.They use their own glass.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wonder how the Dodge dealers will handle this? Normally, windshield work is contracted out.
Not only would it be contracted out, it will be given to the cheapest vendor. Also it is impossible to replace the urethane sealant completely, without removing the windshield, which leads to another question. What happens when the windshield breaks during removal. The chances of removing a frt windshield without cracking are slim to none.

·
Registered
2021 Scat Pack
189 Posts
Half of those windshield stoners that are sub-contracted by the dealers look like burned out drywall flunkies. Watching the cut and yank on those windshields always made me cringe.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Blame Covid. Everything else is. I take delivery tomorrow and will check build date. Thank A guy.
The thought of a dealer removing the windshield scare the SHIT out of me. Will it have a wind whistle or just body scratches?
Dealers can not sell vehicles with open recalls. The recall must be performed before the vehicle can be delivered.

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Registered
2021 Challenger SXT, Octane Red Metallic, Ruby Red/Black Int.
254 Posts
I wouldn't trust the dealership to do it correctly. I'm not doing the recall
So what happens if you get a crack from a stone or whatever in your windshield? Do you not let someone fix it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
would this recall still effect me if ive had the windshield replaced already? also wondering if this can cause your windshield to crack for no reason? asking casue ive had to replace two oem windshields on a 21 scat in just 5k miles and they just cracked for no apparent reason what so ever... no rock chip no extreme weather no excessive torque or bumps etc.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
25,586 Posts
From my understanding of the recall, if you've already has yours changed, then the issue would not remain

A Guy

21 - 38 of 38 Posts