Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if this already has been posted.

Here is another link.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Big fan of the Barracuda (not Cuda), as I consider the (Plymouth) Cuda to be a Challenger.

Anyhow, I see nothing wrong with re-badging with a different face. I actually thought the Demon and Redeye should have been the Cuda.

Sort of like Impala/Caprice. Same, but different, but same.

We all know car guys will buy it, no question.

IMO, Challenger is in an unique situation, like the Mustang and Camaro. It's more important to do their own thing vs competing with each other. The market is not that big, and fans are loyal and hardcore. Any twist manufactures can add, uinque or different, will make it a winner.

It's not a midsize sedan where unless it's going to be better than a Camry or Accord, don't bother building it. 4th place = failed.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,670 Posts
If this comes out, I'm so buying one! This is EXACTLY what I want if it looks more like the car in the first link. The one pictured in the second link won't cut it as depicted.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If this comes out, I'm so buying one! This is EXACTLY what I want if it looks more like the car in the first link. The second one won't cut it.
I know right...looks like an actual bumper!

But I doubt it will look like that...where is all the impact absorbing material going to go?

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,670 Posts
I know right...looks like an actual bumper!

But I doubt it will look like that...where is all the impact absorbing material going to go?
Give me that bumper and I'll wear a helmet if I have to!

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,670 Posts
It's great if it happens, but why not a 1971 'Cuda grill, instead of the 1970?
They're saving that for the 2027 refresh!:whistle:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
HWGA!
this "maybe coming real soon" pipe dream has been going on, in spuratic bouts for well over 10+ yrs, for those that havent been following along.
Despite "confirmed, yet unnamed inside sources" It has never happened.
The facts are: Plymouth owned the Barracuda / Cuda badge, any & all rights to until yr 2001 when plymouth was desolved by its then owner/parent company Dainler-Chrysler. As per agreements at time of plymouths official termination, the cuda/barracuda name could not be re-used or resold, including to corporate sister brands such as dodge or chrysler. In short, it died with Plymouth.
Everything ever shown in regards to a 'new cuda' has come from random artist renderings and wishful speculation from automotive 'journalist'...not a single word, hint or concept car from FCA. ever.
So, unless FCA has managed to unwind multiple legal entanglements surrounding just the name alone (or they have timed out? if memory serves me, the moritorium was like 50yrs) this is just another round of cuda mouth foaming, click bait journalism, that will never actually pan out in the real automotive world. :/

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,670 Posts
IDK how true this article is, but it says FCA may have renewed rights to the name over 2 years ago. Could be total BS though.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,364 Posts
You realize the car in the 1st story was the SpeedKore Menace car Kevin Hart was in the crash in ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So it sounds like the passengers may sue Kevin and the shop that customized the car due to lack of updated safety restraints. Sounds like that Barracuda had Piranhas in it. So does this mean any shop that does a resto mod and does not install airbags in a vehicle that never had them is at risk of being sued? Time to start slapping some proposition 65 stickers on the sun visors and back of the headrests.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Not sure if this already has been posted.

Here is another link.
Isn't the Toxic Orange one in the second article the same one that was posted in this thread from 2012? I thought I had seen it before.

·
Super Moderator
13,438 Posts
Here is some information about the 'Cuda and Barracuda names that was published in Top Speed in December 2015:

"The U.S. Patent & Trademark office (USPTO) has officially approved "Cuda" as a trademark of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. At the same time, the agency blocked a similar application for the "Barracuda" nameplate.According to Allpar, FCA has received a third extension of the trademark earlier this month, leaving the company with just two more before the USPTO will declare that the application has been abandoned. Specifically, unless it shows that the name was being used on a product in interstate commerce (as a vehicle, part, trim, or badge). the manufacturer will only be able to retain the "Cuda" name until June 2017."

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
546 Posts
Orange one looks like a Camaro yuck

Mopar or No Car
If FCA resuscitates the Cuda or Barracuda name it needs to be for something special and distinctively different than current offerings. Kevin Hart's car and the orange Avenger, Camero, Mustang, Challenger is not that special.

·
Registered
503 Posts
When Nissan took over Mitsubishi, it brought the name "Eclipse" back. Those of you OGs from the 1990s would know the car, AWD, DOHC, turbo back in the day when this was not common.
(Also known as Plymouth Laser and Eagle Talon).

And Nissan/Mitsubishi slapped the Eclipse name on a SUV today. SUV is what sells. And make the SUV more sporty, or appear that way.

Jeep Barracuda?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All I gotta say is that folks thought the Hellaphant was a pipe dream. Nothing is impossible...I have seen horses throw up in front of the pharmacy (or Ich habe schon Pferde vor der Apotheke kotzen gesehen).

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,364 Posts
When you see 550 horses, let us know :)

A Guy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts