Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So everything I read indicates the 50th Anniversary models are limited production and they went on sale back in December 2019. Inventory was allocated per dealership volume and they were expected to sell out quickly. Fast forward to March and I was really close to placing an order for a Scat Pack, but then CoVid happened and the Bremco's got slammed on. That doesn't mean the dream hasn't stayed alive and I have been looking at the Dodge website every week or so.

Within the past few days a whole bunch of 50th Anniversary models appeared on the Dodge build website.

Anyone know what is going on? Did they not sell out of the limited production? Did the website accidentally revert to a previous version? Or with the factory closing, CoVid, and the threat of an economic downturn, are they opening the gates for additional 50th Anniversary models to spur some sales?

Thanks,
-Eric

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack Shaker - Yellow Jacket
94 Posts
Not a fan of that model. I actually like the Mopar 19" better, it's just a shame that they only gave you 2 colors to choose from.

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
204 Posts
Yeah it took a while for them to show on the build website. I understand they only recently started arriving on dealer lots. I‘d be surprised if you couldn’t order one, what is your dealer saying?

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not a fan of that model. I actually like the Mopar 19" better, it's just a shame that they only gave you 2 colors to choose from.
Huh? Looking at the Dodge build website, there are seven colors for the 50th Anniversary Scat Pack versus twelve colors for the regular Scat Pack. Missing are:
  • Triple Nickle
  • White Knuckle
  • Granite
  • Pitch Black
  • Indigo Blue

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
No, not sold out due to the fact that each color is limited and the color release was staggered.

First to be built was TorRed, then in March was to be Frostbite, Hellraisin and Go Mango. Gold Rush in April then Sinamon Stick and F8 Green in May.

70 cars of each color of 4 different models, so that's 1,960 total cars but the plant closing messed up the schedule.

So now they just release all the colors to order since the plant is scheduled to reopen on May 4 and they've got to get these cars built. They'll probably still stagger the release and 2020 model year might run long. That's a lot of cars to sell so don't know if they'll all sell out or not, this year is pretty messed up all around.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack Shaker - Yellow Jacket
94 Posts
Huh? Looking at the Dodge build website, there are seven colors for the 50th Anniversary Scat Pack versus twelve colors for the regular Scat Pack. Missing are:
  • Triple Nickle
  • White Knuckle
  • Granite
  • Pitch Black
  • Indigo Blue
I was actually referring to the Mopar 19’ which only comes in White Knuckle & Pitch Black

·
Registered
1 Posts
So everything I read indicates the 50th Anniversary models are limited production and they went on sale back in December 2019. Inventory was allocated per dealership volume and they were expected to sell out quickly. Fast forward to March and I was really close to placing an order for a Scat Pack, but then CoVid happened and the Bremco's got slammed on. That doesn't mean the dream hasn't stayed alive and I have been looking at the Dodge website every week or so.

Within the past few days a whole bunch of 50th Anniversary models appeared on the Dodge build website.

Anyone know what is going on? Did they not sell out of the limited production? Did the website accidentally revert to a previous version? Or with the factory closing, CoVid, and the threat of an economic downturn, are they opening the gates for additional 50th Anniversary models to spur some sales?

Thanks,
-Eric
Got a 50th SP this month they had a couple in Houston, got it delivered to San Antonio. Most dealerships will ship to you during the covid-19. I would expand your search.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,882 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Congrats (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
1 Posts
No, not sold out due to the fact that each color is limited and the color release was staggered.

First to be built was TorRed, then in March was to be Frostbite, Hellraisin and Go Mango. Gold Rush in April then Sinamon Stick and F8 Green in May.

70 cars of each color of 4 different models, so that's 1,960 total cars but the plant closing messed up the schedule.

So now they just release all the colors to order since the plant is scheduled to reopen on May 4 and they've got to get these cars built. They'll probably still stagger the release and 2020 model year might run long. That's a lot of cars to sell so don't know if they'll all sell out or not, this year is pretty messed up all around.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
My 50th Anniversary R/T Plus Sinamon Stick should hit the dealership this coming Tuesday

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,882 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Pictures (some in the sun) once you get it (y)

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,882 Posts
Looks great, congrats (y)

A Guy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts