Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,670 Posts
When I pick Octane Red after selecting the Limited Edition package, it makes me change color AND remove Limited Edition package. Still shows the wrong Scat Pack hood for non Limited Edition colors though

A Guy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ya I edited that. It doesn't alert you that they changed the color. You just notice all of a sudden that they changed it to a compatible color.

Looks like what we thought was right. If you want the shaker, you're going to have to put it on yourself. Otherwise, it looks like the rest is mostly the same.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,670 Posts
Since the Limited Editions are limited to 70 of each color, not guaranteed because the site will configure it that it's actually available too

A Guy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ya, I'm pretty sold on Indigo Blue, so I should not have to worry about number allocation.

Just not really sure I like the 50th's complete black hood, roof, and trunk look. And then, knowing me, I would for sure either change the wheels or powder coat them black. Not a fan of bright wheels.

Might be just better to do the standard widebody and get a shaker.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just found the first commemorative edition for sale in Indigo. Not my first pick in color, but it is pretty sharp too even with the older style hood.

·
Super Moderator
15,782 Posts
And Dodge just modified the builder for the 50th anniversary again. I try to make the WB Indigo Blue and it forces me to drop the shaker hood or pick another color. Can keep everything else the same.

I need to stop prowling this site lol.
50th Anniversary Editions are N/A for Indigo Blue - just the 50th Commerative Edition or the regular production models

Only the 7 colors are available as 50th Anniv Edition
Hellraisin / Hellraisen
Go Mango
Torred
Frostbite (blue)
F8 Green
Sinamon Stik
Gold Rush

this information has been around since the press release(s) of the 50th Anniv models

all the other 'regular' colors are NOT AVAILABLE on the 50th Anniversary Editions:
Triple Nickel
Octane Red
Pitch Black
Granite
White Knuckle
Indigo Blue
Smoke Show

However, on the 50th Anniv Commemorative Edition (non-Shaker for R/T, Scat Pack, SP wide body) are available with all the colors (except Gold Rush) - these have some of the Anniv Edition appearance items (along with the black out hood / roof / trunk), but not the Shaker hood on the V8 models.

the website is a bit confusing - it now shows the 50th Commemorative Ed. (with the power bulge hood) but the configurator will have the thumbnail (of Shaker hood) which doesn't help.

There's press releases about the 50th Commemorative Ed and what colors and items are in the package.

·
Premium Member
3,789 Posts
Ya, I'm pretty sold on Indigo Blue, so I should not have to worry about number allocation.

Just not really sure I like the 50th's complete black hood, roof, and trunk look. And then, knowing me, I would for sure either change the wheels or powder coat them black. Not a fan of bright wheels.

Might be just better to do the standard widebody and get a shaker.
"black hood, roof, and trunk". Those surfaces require you use certain products to clean them, and scratches cannot be rubbed out. I for one will be steering clear of them matte black paints.

I saw a T/A in the dealer showroom, and the trunk had shiny smudges from where they attempted to fix it. Looked gnarly.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts