Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First time poster here..

I'm trying to decide between a brand new R/T and a Scat Pack.

I previously owned a '13 SRT8 which to this day has been the best car I've ever owned.

Since then I've had a '13 RAM, FJ Cruiser, and currently about to sell my '19 Wrangler JLU.

I know the Challenger has gone through quite a few changes since the '13 I had. Just wanted to know what people's recommendations were between the 2 options.

I live in the UAE so mpg doesn't factor into my thinking. I'm not a drag racer, but just want to cruise along in what I believe is the best looking car still in production, and enjoy the sound of the V8 once again.

Having read a few posts on here in the past, it's the buyer's remorse that I'm worried about. I tend to get bored of cars fairly quickly (the SRT was the exception) and change my car every 18 months max. I want something I can keep and enjoy and not regret buying 6 months down the line.

Help a guy out..

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Get the SP with adaptive suspension, you'll miss that from your SRT8 if you don't.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,805 Posts
Once you go 392, you will never go back!

Reactions: F8SRT392 and Klink

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't afford to enter Hellcat territory. They're upwards of $90,000 here.

The Scat Pack WB goes for $63,000 and the R/T is around $45,500.

The good thing about the 5.7 is that it comes with 5 years warranty and 3 years service package ! (I could get them to throw insurance into the mix which would be $1,600)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I live in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Cars are ridiculously expensive, and that was before they introduced VAT.

American spec imports are significantly cheaper than the GCC specs we have here. But there's usually issues with the aircon (can't handle our summer heat) and you won't find an American spec brand new. They're all second hand

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide body A8 in Go Mango
151 Posts
Scat Pack WB. Just ordered mine on Monday.

Reactions: trippytro

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,084 Posts
I started out with an R/T Classic in 2010 and bought a 2011 SRT the very next year when the 392 engine came out. With both cars sitting in the driveway, guess which one was the go to car? The difference in power available at virtually all rpms in the Scat Pack is sweet. Nothing wrong with an R/T with 5.7, but no comparison in fun factor compared with the Scat Pack. Go with the SP if you can afford it!

·
Registered
2019 Challenger shaker 392 scat pack.
49 Posts
I love my scat pack. I couldn’t imagine having anything less. It’s plenty fast enough for me. Especially living in more crowded urban area.

But holy hell those are high prices wtf? Down here in SoCal you can get widebody scat packs new for 43k, regular scat packs as low as 38k after the dodge debates that just passed recently.. I got my 392 shaker for 41k, my mom bought a new hellcat redeye for my dad as a gift and was 63k

1 - 20 of 66 Posts