Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I have researched and found schematics and a variety of older threads. And I have read the fine manual. But I haven't found a simple 'lift here' picture.

Is this plastic like cylinder the proper jack point (red arrow)? Is the area immediately to the rear the proper location for a jack stand (yellow arrow)?

I have the ZL1 lift pads on the front and they work great. I think I have it right for the rear, but before I screw up and crush the plastic thing I want to be 100% certain.

Thanks,

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm listening.... ZL1 does not appear to offer a rear lift mount, so what are you using?
There is a guy that makes and sells nice turned Delrin lifting point sets (front and/or rear) on eBay. I use the front ones.

Search item 142880289149 on eBay.

I also use the Dewhel lift pads for the front pinch weld points - sold on Amazon for about $30 a set. Also use the hockey puck under those.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack, Octane red, A8
131 Posts
Okay everyone seems to have it down with good lift pads and the correct lift points. My issue is my jack doesn’t fit under the front! I have to drive up onto home made “ramps” (4x6 blocks Cut into long wedges).

@emichael so you finally got your Scat Pack! When? How are you liking it?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I bought a low profile floor jack because I quickly got tired of driving up onto pieces of wood or cement pavers. Only cost about $100.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts
Piles of money...

A Guy

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
702 Posts
Okay everyone seems to have it down with good lift pads and the correct lift points. My issue is my jack doesn’t fit under the front! I have to drive up onto home made “ramps” (4x6 blocks Cut into long wedges).

@emichael so you finally got your Scat Pack! When? How are you liking it?
I've been jacking up car all my life and these Challengers are challenging. Short of having a lift everyone needs to find a method and combination of jacks, lift pads, jack stands, wood blocks that they like. HF has a variety of jacks that will work for under $100.

·
Registered
14,850 Posts
Do not ever use a Harbor Freight jack, these are the only ones I use now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts