Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You put one pile in front of each front wheel, then drive up on them so you have room to put the jack in place.
Yeah, that makes sense. The problem is the piles are so dang small I don’t think they’ll lift it high enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
702 Posts
I have two piles of money. Which one do I use to jack up my car?

I recommend the taller one:)

Reactions: Al A

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
430 Posts
HF has a variety of jacks that will work for under $100.
Oh, the Harbor Freight jack stands that have been recalled multiple times for failure under load? Is the low price worth your LIFE?! Um, no thanks.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
702 Posts
Oh, the Harbor Freight jack stands that have been recalled multiple times for failure under load? Is the low price worth your LIFE?! Um, no thanks.
Apparently a couple of our members don't know the difference between jacks and jack stands.

Reactions: Byron

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Okay everyone seems to have it down with good lift pads and the correct lift points. My issue is my jack doesn’t fit under the front! I have to drive up onto home made “ramps” (4x6 blocks Cut into long wedges).

@emichael so you finally got your Scat Pack! When? How are you liking it?
What sort of a jack are you using to lift the vehicle?? Did you lower your Challenger??

My bottle jack won't go under the Challenger, but it works fine for the pickup trucks. I have Snap-On floor jack. It is lurking in my original picture at the start of this thread, behind the rear wheel. I even have a scrap piece of 2x6 sitting on it to keep it from lifting metal-on-metal with the ZL1 lift pads. It slips under the car just fine with room to spare. I have other cars which were lowered and were a lot tougher to get the floor jack under - but it could be done.

And YES! I finally took delivery on August 31st. It has clocked 1078 miles on it so far. Obviously the drive home from Idaho was a big chunk, and then we did one overnight road trip to see family. I have been busy with the requisite mods. Last night I changed out the brake pads for ones which produce less dust. Did the proper break-in for the brake pads (series of "aggressive" stops). I had not previously hammered on the brakes before - dang, felt like my eyeballs were going to splatter on the windshield! G-force meter reported 1.27 forward G's! I do have the 6-piston Bremcos.
Piles of money...

A Guy
Okay, so we kind of took that around the dance floor humorously. However, I have noticed the round-top jack stands are significantly more expensive than the old traditional saddle jack stands. I don't understand why as they seem functionally identical. Anyone have a source for more 'cost effective' round-top jack stands (other than Harbor Freight)?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts
I have two piles of money. Which one do I use to jack up my car?

One for each side...

A Guy

Reactions: Al A

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack, Octane red, A8
131 Posts
@emichael mine is just a regular Craftsman floor jack and stands, which has worked quite well for my Grand Cherokee for years. I guess time to upgrade to a low profile floor jack.

Glad to hear you’re liking the new wheels. Still be cool to meet up, maybe even with a few other Scat Pack/Mopar owners in the area. My original thought was at one of the quarter mile tracks. I recently got a set of Mickey Thompson drag radials but haven’t tracked them yet.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts