Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

So I just upgraded to a 2020 5.7 RT a couple weeks ago. I came from a 2018 Pitch Black SXT Blacktop that unfortunately lost in an accident. All is well though!:) Now I got the new color for 2020 which is Frostbite and is an amazing color! A few things I miss from the SXT is the blacked out badges, grill, and spoiler. Wheels on this new one are not bad at all IMO. looking at the pictures here, do you think it will look good if I were black out the spoiler, grill, and badges and keep the wheels untouched? Another new thing for 2020 is the hemi badge has a classic look to it. Hemi is more spaced out like H E M I. I was thinking of putting a 345 badge on top. Last thing I was thinking of doing was either a matte black dual stripes or black out the hood only. What is everyone's thoughts? Thanks!

·
Banned
429 Posts
Here is a pic of my black top Scat pack with the black out grill and badge I personally like it
BE14249D-3618-4BEA-BA7B-AB3C9AF90477.jpg

F93B96AA-248E-4D55-B572-BD9D684C1BA0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,580 Posts
Hi everyone!

So I just upgraded to a 2020 5.7 RT a couple weeks ago. I came from a 2018 Pitch Black SXT Blacktop that unfortunately lost in an accident. All is well though!:) Now I got the new color for 2020 which is Frostbite and is an amazing color! A few things I miss from the SXT is the blacked out badges, grill, and spoiler. Wheels on this new one are not bad at all IMO. looking at the pictures here, do you think it will look good if I were black out the spoiler, grill, and badges and keep the wheels untouched? Another new thing for 2020 is the hemi badge has a classic look to it. Hemi is more spaced out like H E M I. I was thinking of putting a 345 badge on top. Last thing I was thinking of doing was either a matte black dual stripes or black out the hood only. What is everyone's thoughts? Thanks!
View attachment 1000251 View attachment 1000252
Congrats. Beautiful looking ride.

Personally, I would remove the "block" Challenger badge on the grill, and leave the rest alone.

While I like the blacked out grill, the satin surrounds just look right to me.

100369-2cb08e747a50a68ebf3f9e943d3022a4.jpg

Best of luck deciding. It'll look good either way with that great color.

Reactions: btcaub

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,686 Posts
I like the blacked out grille surrounds, and spoiler. But as much as I am a Black Guy, with that look I like the red R/T badge, or no badges at all

A Guy

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
My Wife's 2020 G/T AWD has the black top package, hers is Frostbite, I am not a fan of the blacked out grille and badges but, she loves it, that is all that matters. Here's a pic. of my Challenger, my dad's Charger and my Wife's Challenger. This pic got me thinking about upgrading my 2017 Cherokee work beater to a white 2020 G/T but sometimes I need to buy things that won't fit in a Challenger and I got rid of a car because 4 was too many to shuffle around.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger GT
5 Posts
Personally, I'm tired of seeing all the blacked out trim, body parts, etc. And I never liked black or dark wheels. Beautiful color, I'd leave it exactly as it is - but without the yellow protectors on the splitter. But you know what opinions are worth.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My Wife's 2020 G/T AWD has the black top package, hers is Frostbite, I am not a fan of the blacked out grille and badges but, she loves it, that is all that matters. Here's a pic. of my Challenger, my dad's Charger and my Wife's Challenger. This pic got me thinking about upgrading my 2017 Cherokee work beater to a white 2020 G/T but sometimes I need to buy things that won't fit in a Challenger and I got rid of a car because 4 was too many to shuffle around. View attachment 1000273
very nice pic man!! Dodge family! ;) I‘m thinking I’ll just black out the silver rings on the grill and leave the Challenger and RT badge stock. Well maybe I’ll swap the Challenger block badge to the fancy script badge lol.

Personally, I'm tired of seeing all the blacked out trim, body parts, etc. And I never liked black or dark wheels. Beautiful color, I'd leave it exactly as it is - but without the yellow protectors on the splitter. But you know what opinions are worth.....
first thing I did after I left the lot. Removed the yellow protectors!! Haha

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,686 Posts
Yeah, the blacked out look is overrated

A Guy

·
Banned
429 Posts
Yeah, the blacked out look is overrated View attachment 1000323

A Guy
Meh each it’s on, blacktop package not only gives you the black grill but black gas lid and black interior accents, I personally hate Chrome On my sports car, on my luxury cars yes chrome all the way,

My rear tail light are blacked out so the front is also blacked out to match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,686 Posts
Um, sarcasm much, lol. You've seen my car? I love the blacked out/black accents/black wheels...

A Guy

·
Registered
110 Posts
Beautiful color, I think that's what I would choose today - me...I wouldn't do more than a pinstripe.

...and splashgaurds

1 - 16 of 16 Posts