Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,047 Posts
So....is my 2013 now considered a R/T Scatpack. Or am I still allowed to say I have a SRT?

·
Registered
Granite 2015 SXT+ Blacktop
43 Posts
This debate has been long since argued by many a Mopar fan, and I have to say, its quite a dumb one. If you want, there are plenty of examples of nice badges that say SRT and have powered underneath so it is not technically up-badging. Although, as I have learned from the people on this forum have told me, as long as you aren't claiming to have something you don't have, it your car, do what you want with it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,038 Posts
So....is my 2013 now considered a R/T Scatpack. Or am I still allowed to say I have a SRT?
You can't sidebadge to a Scat Pack!! :D You purchased a car sold as a SRT, so that it will always be...

A Guy ;)

·
Registered
657 Posts
This debate has been long since argued by many a Mopar fan, and I have to say, its quite a dumb one. If you want, there are plenty of examples of nice badges that say SRT and have powered underneath so it is not technically up-badging. Although, as I have learned from the people on this forum have told me, as long as you aren't claiming to have something you don't have, it your car, do what you want with it.
Makes sense. To be honest I really don't want any more then there is already on my car. Im actually thinking Bouton taking off the DODGE on the back of her just to help with even more of the blacked out look.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
509 Posts
Challenger R/T Scat Pack
Offering the most muscle for the dollar with a starting price of less than $40,000, the Challenger R/T Scat Pack is powered by the naturally aspirated 392 HEMI V-8, delivering 485 horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque. The Challenger R/T Scat Pack comes standard with the Tremec six-speed manual transmission, while the TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission is available.

The R/T Scat Pack features four-piston Brembo brakes at all four corners, 20-inch by 9.5-inch wheels, high-performance suspension, steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters (with automatic transmission), dual-extractor hood, SRT Performance Pages with drive modes and Line Lock — engages the front brakes to hold the vehicle stationary but leaves the rear wheels free for a burnout to heat up and clean the rear tires.

A Guy
Makes my 2016 Scat Pack seem so plain :oops:

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,047 Posts
Yeah I know....I was being extremely sarcastic. Guess I’m luckier than the Scatpack guys, I can say I’ve got an SRT. LOL!!! I find it absolutely hilarious that there are individuals that feel the need to justify this sort of thing, are overly concerned about it and are so hypersensitive about it. Regardless...to each their own. Thanks AGuy.

Reactions: Delta Bravo

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body
82 Posts
It can be called the “fake American muscle built in Canada stupid loser package” but if it goes vroom vroom vroom and runs 12s stock, you’re still beating 89% of anything out on the road. Just saying....

I might put SXT badges on my car. Is downbadging a thing? If not I might have to make it a thing

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,038 Posts
Yeah I know....I was being extremely sarcastic. Guess I’m luckier than the Scatpack guys, I can say I’ve got an SRT. LOL!!! I find it absolutely hilarious that there are individuals that feel the need to justify this sort of thing, are overly concerned about it and are so hypersensitive about it. Regardless...to each their own. Thanks AGuy.
The sarcasm came through loud and clear, no worries...

I'm probably one of the few who would buy a Scat Pack and remove ALL of the badges :D

A Guy

Reactions: hemi1031

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,545 Posts
The sarcasm came through loud and clear, no worries...

I'm probably one of the few who would buy a Scat Pack and remove ALL of the badges :D

A Guy
@Jimmy N. removed the Cat Heads from his car. :geek:

·
Registered
Granite 2015 SXT+ Blacktop
43 Posts
I might put SXT badges on my car. Is downbadging a thing? If not I might have to make it a thing
Never heard of downbadging, but if I had to give an example, that would be one of them. Maybe to avoid "downbadging" just de-badge?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts