Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like most challengers is the air filter reuseable or is it a paper element unit you can dispose of?

Is the air intake on Scat Pack hood functional? I know the two vent screens are that let out hot air.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Hi & welcome. There are quite a few threads on your question about the hood as well as a article from Chrysler detailing the functionality of the hood if u search. A Guy actually posted about in not to long ago when someone was asking about washing his car.
Do u have any pictures of yours?
There is actually a thread for new members to introduce themselves as well if u search. Have fun & enjoy the knowledge.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Lmao you've posted more then I have & been hear longer as well. Lol I should have done a little more looking as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,849 Posts
Assuming the stock closed air box with the OEM flat panel filter, it's disposable paper. The center intake does dump cold air into the engine bay, but not into the air intake

A Guy

Reactions: BS1970SCAT

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those conical air filters I see in the hood are those are resuable or throwaways?

·
Super Moderator
17,261 Posts
Those conical air filters I see in the hood are those are resuable or throwaways?
the OEM Mopar cone filters (Shaker, T/A, '19+ Hellcat) are washable filters

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,849 Posts
Cars that come with a CAI (T/A, Shaker, Redeye for instance) are washable, and as far as I know, all are dry media, no oiling. The reason I hedge my bet, is there are instructions that mention oiling, but instructions in the manual do not

I will say that they are dry, but scroll to last page of the full T/A induction kit instructions attached

A Guy

Attachments

Reactions: STINGRAY

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
The OEM elements are dry. At least mine is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts