Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, new member here. i am looking at dealerships everywhere trying to find the 2020 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody 50th Anniversary edition. there are 2 local to me but i'vee had bad experience with the dealer. trying to utilize the power of the internet to see if anyone is aware of these awesome cars for sale. the dodge search engine limits me to 250 mile radius so i am sure there are cars out there that i am missing

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
589 Posts
Nothing within 250 miles of Detroit, sorry.

Reactions: toneyg73

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
589 Posts
Looks like there are a handful of R/Ts that are 50th Anniversary, but no Scat Packs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like there are a handful of R/Ts that are 50th Anniversary, but no Scat Packs.
i can find some scats but they arent the wide body. i know where 4 of them are ranging from Atlanta up to Illinois. 2 of the 4 are at the dealership that i cant work with.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
i can find some scats but they arent the wide body. i know where 4 of them are ranging from Atlanta up to Illinois. 2 of the 4 are at the dealership that i cant work with.
You can always go to a dealer you like and see if they have a car they can trade with them? I've had success doing that and you get the car you want from a dealer you want. May be tougher in this environment but your choice is great. I love the car more than I thought and the seats are the best I've had in a Challenger yet. Still not a fan of the widebody as they look like aftermarket bolt-on to me. Wish they did it in solid panels like the Z06 Vette but then that would be even more money. Plus they just sand blast the quarter panels. Good luck and post pics when and if you get one of those beautiful rides.

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Here's a black one in Tacoma. Not a numbered Shaker car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2017 Challenger T/A 392 A8
92 Posts
You can change the zip code on the Dodge finder.

Reactions: Byron

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Try this dealer. Don't know about now but had a large allotment of the 20th Scats. All A8's though.

View attachment 1021815 View attachment 1021816
In 30 years somebody’s going to look at that picture and say, “If only I had...”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's how I found the one in Tacoma.
I have checked the east coast, gonna have to travel to fi d what I am looking for I guess. Looks like they are being hoarded in CA around LA. Found one dealer with 14 on the lot, but I don't wanna fly out there if there is one closer

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
If their website is up to date the only 2020s they currently have are two Journeys.
Yeah just thought they could be helpful in the search. Big dealership and sells allot of Challengers.

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
In 30 years somebody’s going to look at that picture and say, “If only I had...”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, in thirty years they will be lawn ornaments, it’s absolutely not going to be like the 70’s were to now.
All the exterior plastics and other items won’t age well and will be brittle and Ill fitting. Plastics and vinyl shrink with age.
You also need to account for the tree hugging freaks and the limitations they will put on gasoline vehicles.
You cannot plan for collectibles, there are thousands of garage queens, I came across one like mine that was never titled, no miles and going up for auction. There are attics and basements full of Hess end other gas station memorabilia which killed their value.
The majority of young males have zero interest in muscle cars and are quite happy to drive a four door generic car like a Civic or a Corolla etc, they hear a cam and say eww, I actually heard that at a car show.
It’s a new world, men can have babies now 🤦🏼‍♂️ , I’d be VERY afraid for our future. Read the news, it’s eye opening.

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
Nope, in thirty years they will be lawn ornaments, it’s absolutely not going to be like the 70’s were to now.
All the exterior plastics and other items won’t age well and will be brittle and Ill fitting. Plastics and vinyl shrink with age.
You also need to account for the tree hugging freaks and the limitations they will put on gasoline vehicles.
You cannot plan for collectibles, there are thousands of garage queens, I came across one like mine that was never titled, no miles and going up for auction. There are attics and basements full of Hess end other gas station memorabilia which killed their value.
The majority of young males have zero interest in muscle cars and are quite happy to drive a four door generic car like a Civic or a Corolla etc, they hear a cam and say eww, I actually heard that at a car show.
It’s a new world, men can have babies now 🤦🏼‍♂️ , I’d be VERY afraid for our future. Read the news, it’s eye opening.
Allot of this is true, especially the lifespan of plastics/vinyl. However, they are cheaply reproduced if there is a demand (3D printing). That being said, where I live in the South, there is a large dedicated car culture among the young men, my oldest boy included. Will technology (EV) change? Undoubtedly. But after seeing the smile on the face of my son when he drove my Scat for the first time (humbling, he ran the M6 better than me!) the death of performance vehicles is (at least in the deep South) greatly exaggerated. As long as these young men have b***s, there will be performance cars and racing. It's in their DNA. I am optimistic even in the face of headwinds.
Oh, and take the news with a grain of salt. They aren't always right.

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
Allot of this is true, especially the lifespan of plastics/vinyl. However, they are cheaply reproduced if there is a demand (3D printing). That being said, where I live in the South, there is a large dedicated car culture among the young men, my oldest boy included. Will technology (EV) change? Undoubtedly. But after seeing the smile on the face of my son when he drove my Scat for the first time (humbling, he ran the M6 better than me!) the death of performance vehicles is (at least in the deep South) greatly exaggerated. As long as these young men have b***s, there will be performance cars and racing. It's in their DNA. I am optimistic even in the face of headwinds.
Oh, and take the news with a grain of salt. They aren't always right.
I hear you but those now in charge get their jollies taking things away that people cherish. They act on feelings without proof of outcomes. Enjoy your car!

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Search is over, found one in GA. Dealer didn't want to sell it to me because of the 2020 rebate and I get EP pricing. After a short talk they decided that a bird in the hand was better than no bird and sold me the car.
Nice!

Clutch pedal?

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
Search is over, found one in GA. Dealer didn't want to sell it to me because of the 2020 rebate and I get EP pricing. After a short talk they decided that a bird in the hand was better than no bird and sold me the car.
Congrats. Where in GA? When do you pick it up? Would like to see pics. The day I saw those 3 in the picture at my local dealership was the day I knew I would buy a Challenger WB Shaker. But I should have told you it was taken last Summer. Didn't mean to be misleading, sorry.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts