Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if they've run this color yet? I've checked all the major markets (NY, LA, CHI, HOU, DAL, PHL, DET, etc...), and have been unable to find a single one yet (legit that is, saw a dealership in IA that I think just put a generic out there with no pic). So I was thinking, maybe hoping a bit too, with the production issues in 2020 that perhaps none have been produced yet?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts
I've yet to find any Challengers in Gold Rush. On their site, they only show the color choice on the 50th models, but even if they were waiting for all 70 before opening up to all, why no 50th Gold Rush pictures?

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,923 Posts
Yeah, I have been patiently wondering the same thing, where is this Gold Rush?? It's almost mid-August, maybe in September?

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
I've been looking at cars.com but haven't seen any yet either.

It was always to be the last color built so guess it will be September near the end of production.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do states or cities get an allotted number to them, like 1 per or something like that? Or is it basically the first 70 to be ordered anywhere nationwide (of that specific model of course).

·
Super Moderator
15,975 Posts
I've been looking at cars.com but haven't seen any yet either.

It was always to be the last color built so guess it will be September near the end of production.

the plant is still waiting for the dealers to order all 280 of the F8 Green 50th Anniversary editions across the 4 trims (GT, R/T, R/T Scat Pack, R/T Scat Pack WB) - j/k. [there's 70 of that color in each trim)

My prediction is the F8 Green editions will be slow sellers - that color IMO, just won't have that much visual "pop" compared to the other ones. It has been a slow seller given that its been around since MY '18

Did some poking around - found some show circuit images:
Gold Rush outdoors.jpg
Gold Rush 2020.jpg
2020-dodge-challenger-50th-la-03.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the plant is still waiting for the dealers to order all 280 of the F8 Green 50th Anniversary editions across the 4 trims (GT, R/T, R/T Scat Pack, R/T Scat Pack WB) - j/k. [there's 70 of that color in each trim)

My prediction is the F8 Green editions will be slow sellers - that color IMO, just won't have that much visual "pop" compared to the other ones. It has been a slow seller given that its been around since MY '18

Did some poking around a found some show circuit images: View attachment 1000167 View attachment 1000168 View attachment 1000169
Thanks for this!

·
Super Moderator
15,975 Posts
Here's a higher resolution image
2020-dodge-challenger_100725083.jpg

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
It's an awesome color and guess will be back in 2021.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
outstanding looking IMO, thanks. Does anyone know the answers to my question(s) in post#6 in this thread?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts
I think it's more Dealer allotments. I'm not sure if any regional allotments exist. Anyone can order, with possible if they have an allotment. Volume dealers, dealers who move more of the high end models likely get larger allotments

A Guy

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
Agree, bigger dealers who sell more Chargers and Challengers will get the most of these cars if they want them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts