Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, have a 2020 GT, seems like im seeing different #"s for the front & rear flaps..........anyone have the correct #"s for a 2020.

Thanks

Rich

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
There are pre 2015 numbers as well, and "knock offs", these are Mopar Splash Guards, and from the place I ordered mine 4 years ago, albeit the price has risen since them, still cheapest I find

A Guy

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, thanks guys, im trying to remember but i crs........on my 10 challenger i had some thinner looking flaps, think they were RPI or something like that, on the 17 i had the mopar flaps, nothing wrong with them, just seeing if i could get something sleeker looking.

But probably gonna get the mopar ones again.

Thanks for the help guys.

Rich

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
Reactions: Lilolady

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101. 2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD
562 Posts
I have the I have the RPI designs version that guy provided the link for.

I didn't care for how loose they felt with just using the push pins in my fender liner Plus on mine I had three different type of Fasteners in it. I assume just because of replacements over the years of single ones coming out.

I ended up getting a plastic pin rivet tool so I could make them nice and tight. I don't really care if I have to drill them out later.

If anybody ends up getting one of these tools make sure it has a pivoting head like this one. All I had to do was turn my front wheels a bit and had plenty of room to use it. That made all the difference.
As for as for the RPI designs guards. I do like the "stealth" whereas if you're looking straight on them you just see the straight edge and there's no way they could rub any paint since they aren't a molded design.

However, the molded ones look great as well and make me wonder whether these are stealthy or just a lazy design since they could be made out of a flat piece of plastic.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ashoka, thanks for the tip, i bought that disco rivet tool back in 2012, just have to find it, im gonna try the RPI ones, had them on my 10 liked them, but bought the mopar ones for the 17............liked them also, so i cant go wrong either way. lol

Rich

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called the RPI guys today, they said they dont know if they will work on a 20, they are gonna test one sometime.............well its almost Sept, maybe they should try one on a 21. lol....So anyone with a 20 challenger try these out..........i guess for $39 i could give them a try.

Rich

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
As far as I am aware, there was no change from 2019 (2015+ really)

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,035 Posts
The only difference would be the wide-body, all of others will fit. I personally prefer the Mopar flaps, they fit really well and protect. If you are worried about rubbing the paint you can add some PPF to the edges as I did. Not sure that it's really necessary but a little extra protection never hurts on the paint.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts