Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
The hood, painting the hood, the shaker, the seal for the shaker, the whole intake, etc.... By the time you're done with it, you should have bought a factory shaker.
true if you go oem, that’s why I suggested aftermarket - cervinis kit is $1500 and comes with all required parts. To your point it still needs paint though which will put it closer to OEM cost.

Personally I agree and would rather buy a factory shaker (and I did), my point is just that it’s an alternative and allows you to put the shaker (and associated price tag) off until later.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
true if you go oem, that’s why I suggested aftermarket - cervinis kit is $1500 and comes with all required parts. To your point it still needs paint though which will put it closer to OEM cost.

Personally I agree and would rather buy a factory shaker (and I did), my point is just that it’s an alternative and allows you to put the shaker (and associated price tag) off until later.
If you only do the upper paint, yes, it's under the 2200 that the shaker option costs. Do the under paint and you're over the 2200.

Still, I like that the option is there for someone who couldn't afford a shaker when they bought theirs, but want one after the fact w/o buying a new one.

Reactions: mschoo92

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have bought my 2016 Challenger Shaker 5.7 manual trans New when they hit the dealers lots in Nov 2015.
Got the car at Invoice since there were no deals at the time.
The 2021 Camaros will be out in Late Aug and wanna see what they look like and maybe get into one to see how much smaller it is too our Challengers,maybe the Camaros are the same inside size as a Stang?
But as of now I am going with the 2021 Scatpack Shaker(basic}............JT

·
Registered
109 Posts
Would you consider an aftermarket shaker hood? If so I’m sure you could more easily find a low option manual scat pack on the lot. Otherwise you’re probably better off ordering from the factory or just keeping an eye on dealer inventory, I used dodges website and eventually found my 2015 shaker (5.7 rt) at Bayside Chrysler in Queens, NY
It's a lot more expensive to get it afterwards. Because its the 2 kits you have to buy, then painting the hood. After all is said and done, you will spend way more. It's easier to find a car with the shaker already added from factory. I was thinking of doing this when i was looking for a car. Priced it out with dozens of dealers and even with getting a big discount on the 2 shaker kits, it still came out more expensive than just getting a car with the shaker on it.

The same can be said with the Dynamics Package. For people that want this option, its cheaper to get it already added to the car, than to get everything afterwards.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's a lot more expensive to get it afterwards. Because its the 2 kits you have to buy, then painting the hood. After all is said and done, you will spend way more. It's easier to find a car with the shaker already added from factory. I was thinking of doing this when i was looking for a car. Priced it out with dozens of dealers and even with getting a big discount on the 2 shaker kits, it still came out more expensive than just getting a car with the shaker on it.

The same can be said with the Dynamics Package. For people that want this option, its cheaper to get it already added to the car, than to get everything afterwards.
not disputing that, just pointing out that it’s a viable option for someone who doesn’t have the money “now”. He seems hard set on coming in under $40k, I think that’s doable if you can negotiate a good deal but if you can’t then you can put away money over time and add it down the line. I agree that from the factory is the least expensive and also the easiest option, that’s why my car is a shaker!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have NO problems with money.(always buy cars in cash screw loans}
Problem I hate buying cars with addons that I will never use.............JT

·
Registered
519 Posts
This place has a no option Scat Pack for $33K stickered at $41K
They also have 2 loaded SHAKER Scat Packs but they are 2019s
looks like that $33k car is gone. There is a White Shaker, Manual, but it’s loaded, they want $41k

·
Registered
103 Posts
considering the 21 Camaro six speed 2SS or Shaker six speed
does anybody think maybe a 21 shaker wide body?

·
Super Moderator
15,756 Posts
considering the 21 Camaro six speed 2SS or Shaker six speed
does anybody think maybe a 21 shaker wide body?
I doubt it - the 50th Anniv SP wide body (with shaker) was the most unique model since the R/T Shaker and Scat Pack Shaker already exist as regular production.

I can't see that the following model year it would be made as a regular production model.

Perhaps as a Final Edition model when the production for the LA series concludes at some point in future years...

·
Registered
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack Shaker Challenger
3 Posts
Hey all I am ready to trade-in my 2016 Shaker 5.7 for a New One.
Seen a few weeks ago a 2020 Manual Shaker Scatpack around $36,500 but it was in Idaho
and I am in the NJ area.(2000 miles aways}
Been looking everyday on the dodge website who might have one or getting one in stock.
I am sure I can order a ScatPack Shaker from a local dealer but I am sure it will not come here till Sept or Oct.
I feel then I am best to wait till a 2020 comes to a dealer with DISCOUNT or wait till
Sept and Order a 2021 and see whats the best deal I will get.....
I feel since Dodge are making cars again after the Coronavirus maybe something will show up...……….JT
I wanted a 2020 6 spd shaker scat with certain options...dealers had few manuals with the things i wanted...on 15 feb i special ordered from a small iowa dealership....stickered over 50k and paid 43k...scat shaker with moonroof leather 6spd nav RT stripes and hood pins. the car arrived april 24th right around shutdown .(small dealership with low overhead did not beat me up) Most of the internet cars that were cheap nobody would ever qualify for all of the rebates they list to get price down..! be patient and get what you want.
mopar 2.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,780 Posts
As I said that there are NO 2020 ScatPacks with a Shaker with Manual for under $40,000...…………..JT
"This place has a no option Scat Pack for $33K stickered at $41K "

Why let a measly $1001 keep you from getting a car?

·
Premium Member
3,780 Posts
"This place has a no option Scat Pack for $33K stickered at $41K "

Why let a measly $1001 keep you from getting a car?
And then there's this $1000 off coupon:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
You believe that they will give you $1000 off???
They will give you $1000 Less on a Tradin or Add $1000 from invoice.....................JT

·
Registered
7 Posts
Checked everywhere in the States for a BASIC Manual 2020 ScatPack for under$40,000.
There are Automatics but NO manuals,3 months is not far for ordering a 2021 and will not lose as much $$$
driving it off of a dealers lot like a 2020 would...….JT
Lucas Dodge in Jersey had a 20 Black Scat Manual when I picked up my HellRaisin Not a shaker though.

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
321 Posts
I went out the door for 36500 for a new 2019 in January. I think that was an OK deal. What is up with asking 41K for a used one?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts