Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm factory ordering an IndiGo blue Scat Pack Shaker within the next year but not sure whether to order the 2020 asap or wait and get the 2021. Does anyone know anything about the 2021s yet? Also would it be any cheaper to order the 2020?

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
According to Donlen, the last day to order a 2020 is Sep 3.

2021 order banks open Oct 6.

2021 production begins Nov 9.

So earliest delivery for a 2021 is likely January and probably not many changes compared to 2020.

These cars are pretty cheap now with the rebates, plus January is a crappy time to take delivery on a car built in Ontario.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,106 Posts
Why wait? Unless you were expecting lower prices (unlikely), or new features (possible small things, but nothing major), then get it and enjoy it IMHO

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
583 Posts
Hopefully 2021 will bring back Yellow Jacket, so I can order one

·
Registered
97 Posts
They aren't going to add anything for 2021.

If anything they will eliminate complexity by removing options or forcing you to bundle things with higher priced options to get the options you wanted.

They could also remove content. They may add some stuff in terms of shuffling trim packages and graphics, etc. but there will be no new features.

All the Big 3 do this every year as the model ages. Its called TVM (Total Value Management) and its designed to make the cars stay and become even more profitable as they age. They eliminate all kinds of little things and force option groups to be created by removing complexity. They then brand this new complexity as new trim levels, which you pay more for or they spend less to produce.

The sweet spot for a car is MY2 and MY3 after launch. Late enough to have the major bugs worked out, early enough to avoid the TVM groups raiding of the content. The year after a mid cycle refresh is also good.

We are past that on the 2021 Challenger as it has been 2017 since a mid year refresh.

My advice is to buy a 2020 while you can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts