Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share something with the community. I have a 2020 R/T Scat pack and so far have installed two of the most common mods, oil catch can and Hellcat headlight to intake duct.
The oil catch can install was as described in endless forum discussions. However, the headlight to intake duct is considerably more difficult on the 2020. Apparently Dodge has decided it should not be so easy to add this mod.
Where on earlier cars all you had to do was remove the plug in the headlight, you now have to remove the light. Dodge added two T5 screws to the light with very little clearance to remove. Now you have to remove the light box from the light in order to be able to remove those two screws. It's relatively straight forward but just be prepared to spend more that 5 minutes doing the mod.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack triple nickel 6 speed manual.
57 Posts
Actually if you get the T5 bit and a 1/4 in socket (I think it’s a 1/4) you can remove the screw pretty easily without removing anything...that’s how I did my 2019 scat.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,115 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Gunny ;) It's been fairly well documented how to remove the set screws

That is what your 2020 looks like, correct?

A Guy

PS Thanks for your service ;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Actually if you get the T5 bit and a 1/4 in socket (I think it’s a 1/4) you can remove the screw pretty easily without removing anything...that’s how I did my 2019 scat.
Exactly what I did on my 2019, use a 1/4” ratchet and T5 socket and it came right out no need to remove anything else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to Challengertalk Gunny ;) It's been fairly well documented how to remove the set screws

That is what your 2020 looks like, correct?

A Guy

PS Thanks for your service ;)
Thank you. Sorry about it being a repeat post, I had been all over several forums and never saw that specific post.
Yes, that's my Scat Pack. Ordered it from the factory in june, picked it up July 13th. According to Dodge they never built another 2020 like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts