Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, have owned a 2010 SE and a 2017 GT, looked at a new R/T shaker today, was thinking of buying it but am nervous about this MDS deal & from reading about TC Failures.

Other ? i had while test driving this car, seems like the trans is kind of jerky while going slower, my GT shifts like butter, maybe its just driving something different thats got me thinking something is wrong.

Would i be better off looking for a 6speed...........was thinking of just keeping my GT but would like something different.

Would like to hear from 2019-2020 owners what your thoughts are on this.

Thanks

Rich

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey there, I have a 2020 RT. I came from a 18 sxt plus to this RT and noticed the same when I test drove and purchased. When not in sport this MDS feature kicks in and at slow speeds can jerk the trans. As I broke it in I think it’s gotten better unless it’s just me getting used it lol. In sport it’s flawless.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I get that with the 6 speed, but im 69 now, been shifting cars since 67, still have a 4 speed in my other car, im just tired of shifting.........

Since my last two challengers were 6 cyl, didnt have this issue, its just hard to believe that you shell out 40 grand plus and you have to put it in sport to just drive the thing, and from reading some posts that might not even work right.

Guess my question is for you boys with the auto now, do you regret making that choice.

Thanks

Rich

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have over 76k miles on my 2016 Scat Pack Shaker and don't drive it in Sports Mode 90% of the time without any issues. The TC failures were back in 2010-2014 I believe. I had a 2010 Hemi Orange R/T Classic that had he TC issue at like 28k miles. I traded that in for a 2013 6spd Granite Blacktop but for me it was a pain especially in traffic and I bike long distance sometimes so getting into a manual car after riding 100 miles on a bike it well SUCKED, so I went back to an auto in the end of 2015.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys fixed my MDS issue today, bought another GT, 2020 Go Mango, would have picked up the R/T with shaker hood, but i thought it had the fake hood pins, no they were the real ones..............didnt care for that.

Gonna get thru this WI winter, then pick up a scat pack shaker which i wanted in the first place.

Thanks for the help.

Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.