Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Never got anything. They handed me the key and off I went. Ill stop by tomorrow and ask for it.
Good idea. They should have given you a customer copy of the warranty repair order. Let us know what they did. Anyway, glad you got your car back and I assume that there was no damage when it was at the dealership. I wouldn't even let them wash my car if I had to visit the service dept.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If they reflashed something, it is possible. You will have to look into this issue. In the meantime, drive the car a bit and see how it drives.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Good idea. They should have given you a customer copy of the warranty repair order. Let us know what they did. Anyway, glad you got your car back and I assume that there was no damage when it was at the dealership. I wouldn't even let them wash my car if I had to visit the service dept.
Nope no damage. I showed up unannounced and the service manager got out of the car. My service writer told him its mine and said it was warranty you owe nothing and here are your keys. I'll get it tomorrow for my records.

And yeah I don't want nobody washing it but me. Sucks cause being black I can already see scratches and marks on it. I mean seriously its stressing me out. Hahaha it already had some fine light scratches on it the day I bought. Guess sitting in the show room people touching it. Sigh. ... oh well. I got a DA polisher so I can work on them if I choose.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,109 Posts
If they disconnected the battery, your adaptives were reset. When you drive like a maniac relearn to your driving style, it may return to how you remember it

A Guy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
If they disconnected the battery, your adaptives were reset. When you drive like a maniac relearn to your driving style, it may return to how you remember it

A Guy
Ah I just looked up about that after you mentioned it. In reading people pull fuse 31 to get it back snappier. Dude drive it 10 miles he said...maybe they reset and him driving sluggish in traffic made it that way? But all my radio presets were still normal?

Is there a setting so my uconnect defaults to the last page? Resetting to the app page is annoying for some reason?

Man my old 2004 chevy is way simple compared to this thing. Hahahaha

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,109 Posts
I think the default behavior is usually to return to the last page. You can confirm that it has always gone to app page since the service?

A Guy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I think the default behavior is usually to return to the last page. You can confirm that it has always gone to app page since the service?

A Guy
Yep, after service it always goes to the app page on start up. Before service it would come up from the last page I was on. I went through settings but didn't see anything.

Car is at home right now or I'd mess with it. I don't drive it when forcast for rain or storms. Don't want to have to clean it so I take the lowly ram instead. Haha

·
Registered
883 Posts
Just had the 06 in for a factory TSB. Replaced the fuel tank due to a faulty valve for the vapor whatever. No charge. 14 year old car. Had similar symptoms. Started then died only after fill up.

Here is the TSB.
622CCF94-542C-4EB8-A083-9A2B379493A9.png

14-002-14.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,109 Posts
Yeah, I don't believe there is a setting to set default start screen. You could try to reset the radio, but this will cause you to have to redo your presets. No guarantee the behavior will change. This is method for 2018, unaware if it's changed for 2020

First option

While the vehicle is on and running on the steering wheel, hold down the voice command and green phone buttons for 30 seconds. Let go of the buttons and turn the vehicle off. Wait for the Uconnect to turn off completely (Black screen). Open and close the driver door and turn vehicle on and test

Second option

You need to first get to the hidden engineering settings. Press the hot and cold up and down buttons on the dash at the same time for five seconds.This should open the engineering menu. Scroll through the menu until you come to the reset factory defaults. Select this option and the screen should prompt you to wait 30 seconds.

A Guy

·
Registered
946 Posts

A Guy
Exactly. Especially Chrysler cars. They have beef like this for years. I can’t tell you how many times we’ve replaced batteries in these cars or have done a complete reset on the computer and the customer comes right back saying there car isn’t shifting right and the idle is to low. They actually have a drive cycle procedure to relearn the ecm. It’s almost impossible to drive it the way they tell you un you are in a real rural area. After a day or 2 it goes back to normal. Back in the 90’s the GM cars would stall every time you stopped at a light after the battery was disconnected. They reset quick though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Well it sat all day yesterday and today I get in it and bam it picked up on the radio where I last left it. And my wife drove it and says it feels just as sporty. Maybe im used to it already...need a redeye I suppose. Hahaha so as of now everything is working and doing well. Time to really enjoy the car. I think I'll try launch mode this weekend!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts