Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve recently purchased a 2020 scat pack
And I ordered a hellcat lower intake and wanted to remove the cap thru the headlight and I notice I can’t not remove or take off
The cap for extra air.Any suggestions for the 2020 scat packs

·
Banned
429 Posts
There are 2 tiny small screws on the side, they are chrome so if you look around you will notice them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive seen those screws But didn’t think anything of it

·
Banned
429 Posts
Ive seen those screws But didn’t think anything of it
Those screws attach the cap to the headlight tube so you need to remove those screws then twist the cap as it interlocks with the headlight tube and pull away

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack, Octane red, A8
131 Posts
Yup they are torx screws but I can’t recall the size (small) and I’m at work currently. The one opposite the car’s center is really cramped to get at. I used my Suzy Homemaker small ratchet that has a pass through bit holder so I was barely able to fit it in there and got a quarter turn per stroke. Patience helps with that one.

·
Banned
429 Posts
Just curious, is anyone removing the passage side intake headlight hole as well to get more airflow?
Some people leave open to allow more air into the engine bay and allow more heat to leave by the extractor, I personally left closed. My open one on my I intake is dark you can’t tell is open, then I have another one open that you see my window wash reservoir and white wall so to me it looked funny, plus I noticed the engine bay got dirtier a little quicker so I left mine closed

I would say personal preference I guess

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
754 Posts
Opening the passenger side should help some...I've done it and don't worry about water coming in...Also, the 2015's air box side caps just came off pinching off 3 snaps to install DIPS...

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Ever wonder why people do the Hellcat intake and tube mod? Here's why: "The hole in the headlight was actually put there because we required a certain amount of pressure drop across the intake system to generate 707 hp,” Cowland told AE. “Certainly if we took that away and we increased that pressure drop across the intake system, we would lose horsepower. We’ve never measured it by blocking it off or taking it away, but it could well be seven horsepower.” A second inlet point is located underneath the airbox.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts