Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat pack
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2020 scatpack (Torred)is stolen I live in Chicago if you guys see a 2020 scat pack red(Torred) inbox me it’s been reported stolen.
Thanks guys

Vehicle Asphalt Car Road Sidewalk
Asphalt Road surface Tar Grass Road

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hopefully, if it's recovered, they find it on good condition.

·
Registered
16,219 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear this! So they broke the window, do we know if they drove it away or towed it? Does the Guardian still work when the car is off?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Sorry to hear that, wish you the best outcome! I think the Guardian should work while parked. I've checked my location while parked when I still had subscription. It's sometimes not the best depending on signal like in an underground garage.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,598 Posts
I''m also Sorry to hear that!

There have been reports of the Challenger/Charger Scat Packs/SRT's getting stolen and/or car-jacked in the Chicagoland area. They take them because they are fast and can outrun the Police (that's what the news said).

I've been giving thoughts of selling Ruby just for that fact. I don't want to get car-jacked at gun point because of what I drive, but don't want to miss out on enjoying having a Nice vehicle. It's kind of a double edged sword and a dilemma. The World is a Scary place nowadays!

I've had thoughts of replacing her with an older Big Block automatic El Camino (1964-1970 model years) because I'd like a pickup truck and would miss having a car with some muscle to it.

With the El Camino, it's kind of like a reverse mullet............Party in the front and business in the back! :D

Sorry about the hi-jack.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I''m also Sorry to hear that!

There have been reports of the Challenger/Charger Scat Packs/SRT's getting stolen and/or car-jacked in the Chicagoland area. They take them because they are fast and can outrun the Police (that's what the news said).

I've been giving thoughts of selling Ruby just for that fact. I don't want to get car-jacked at gun point because of what I drive, but don't want to miss out on enjoying having a Nice vehicle. It's kind of a double edged sword and a dilemma. The World is a Scary place nowadays!

I've had thoughts of replacing her with an older Big Block automatic El Camino (1964-1970 model years) because I'd like a pickup truck and would miss having a car with some muscle to it.

With the El Camino, it's kind of like a reverse mullet............Party in the front and business in the back! :D

Sorry about the hi-jack.
sadly this is becoming more common Thieves Now Have Better Taste (V8 Challengers More...

Might need to get a sleeper one day. Big v8 in an unassuming car

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,209 Posts
My 2020 scatpack (Torred)is stolen I live in Chicago if you guys see a 2020 scat pack red(Torred) inbox me it’s been reported stolen.
Thanks guys
My 2018 Hellcat came with LoJack. Dealer installed I guess. Did perchance the dealer install some similar system in your car?

·
Premium Member
10,367 Posts
Why not list the license plate to look for and area it was last seen in? Anything unique visually?
If mine was taken as angry as I’d be, I wouldn’t want it back after some scumbag had it.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,209 Posts
Why not list the license plate to look for and area it was last seen in? Anything unique visually?
If mine was taken as angry as I’d be, I wouldn’t want it back after some scumbag had it.
License plate number and the last 4 or 5 VIN digits. The license plates may have been tossed already and stolen plates put on the car.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
This sucks. I'm sorry that you have to go through this.

Looks like you're going to need a new driver's side window at minimum. Talking from experience, be careful what you wish for. Sometimes recovering a stolen vehicle is not to your benefit.

·
Premium Member
10,367 Posts
License plate number and the last 4 or 5 VIN digits. The license plates may have been tossed already and stolen plates put on the car.
I was going to say vin # but don’t know if he’d list it. If he wants it back, do anything to help make it happen. My friends car came back with bullets holes after they used it to rob a bank, there also was a bunch of stolen credit cards in there too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry, to hear that I hope you get your Sp back. But, are you near the port of Chicago in case they ship it to Canada and strip it is that a common thing in Chicago. Or maybe they’re going to use it for a heist it’s probably hidden ina an abandon warehouse. Hopefully they’re going to get the idiots who took your car.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat pack
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’ve reached out to Uconnect guardian they can track the car every move whether it’s on or off.At this point though fellas this will be my last challenger after everything is said and done though

·
Registered
491 Posts
Wow. I kinda thought you cant steal them and drive off because of the security in the key fob. But then it could have been easily towed or put onto a truck and sold for parts ....

So sorry, that it had to happen to you! What a nightmare it must be.

Hope it turns out alright!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I probably should amp up security more. Guess it won't be a bad idea to put those wheel boots. At the end of the day if they really want it they'd get it some how, it's a matter of adding as much deterrents and hoping they steal someone else's car. Same idea I guess for homes

the flame thrower one is a good option

·
Registered
366 Posts
If it's an automatic I understand the thieves can break a window to get in & release the trans parking pawl from the console access panel & push the car into the street and/or tow it from either end.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts