Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pak
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is only 6 weeks old and it's looking like cheap rubber already. What are you guys using on the black rubberized dashboard to keep it from showing marks and looking cheap and old?

Thanks, DeWFPo

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rubberized????
It is cheap rubber and plastic, and cheaper rubber. Hell, it all goes away when you hit the start button. :cool:
What did you think you just bought a Porsche?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,111 Posts

A Guy

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts

A Guy
I used that 303 on my matte stripes too. As an aircraft maintenance instructor I had many, many years ago used to say, in his New Jersey accent, "Woyks good, lasts a long toym".

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,061 Posts
Another vote for 303 here too. (y)

I didn't know if I could use it on vinyl stripes, but it does make sense. Thanks for confirming it though mjb4450.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pak
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got 303 and I'll use that. I'm not one to experiment with chemicals on plastic and rubber so I thought I'd ask first of those with experience.

Thanks, DeWFPo

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Another vote for 303 here too. (y)

I didn't know if I could use it on vinyl stripes, but it does make sense. Thanks for confirming it though mjb4450.
It gave mine that nice even matte finish. I had those wide one's that went over the entire car. Out here in the desert I knew I had to use something to keep them from drying out. Just sold the car to Carvana last week and the four plus year old stripes looked brand new. Actually they looked better than new since they had some, I'm assuming, rail dust on them when I bought it. BTW, Carvana shows it's in process of being sold already.

·
Super Moderator
16,094 Posts
I've also used in addition to Aero 303 - Chemical Guys VRP

both of those products will make the dash (and door panels) look darker black and not have that dried out look

·
Registered
44 Posts
Turtle Wax Ice Interior is a great all in one for interiors. Clean and protects, leaves a nice matte finish and can be used on pretty much any surface except glass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts