Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious does anyone out there have a 2020 with the flowmaster super 10(s). I need to know if I can get the dual in dual out or do I need to get 2 separate mufflers for the mids? Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,849 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) I can't answer, but there should be no difference between any 2015-2020 non AWD setup

A Guy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put flowmasters on my 2016 sxt and they weren’t terrible but I definitely recommend Borla over ANYTHING for the v6 challenger. Yes borla is pricey but there is no comparison to flowmaster. There’s two kits that’s borla sells. Here’s a link to what my challenger sounds like with their ATAK setup.

·
Registered
2019 SXT
21 Posts
Your Challenger requires 2 separate mufflers.
I agree with The Fritz, but there is a catch to that.

Let me save you the headache of the endless search for the muscle car sound with a V6.
I have a 2019 SXT and after a year of searching it comes down to 3 things.

1. The V6 Challenger can sound like a V8 Muscle Car. HOWEVER, ONLY at idle.
The moment you give it gas, it will sound like a European Sports car, not an American Muscle car.
So if you want an American Muscle car sound throughout RPM's, get an R/T before you put too many miles on your SXT.

2. So if you want it to sound like a V8 at idle, but a European sport car sound when you gas it, then don't waste your money and time on countless mods to your exhaust. Just get a Borla ATAK or Borla S-Type (best for daily driver). Yes it cost a lot, but that is the best sound with no drama after installation.

3. If you are okay with the European sport car sound at idle and when you gas it, the best option I think is Different Trend Flow II Stainless Steel Oval grey Exhausts (2.25 offset, 18 in length). You would delete both the resonators too. Takes about 200-300 mile for the sound to really kick in.

Don't waste your time on Flow Masters, they have a bad tin metal Honda sound when you gas it and there is drone in the cabin.
The 2 choices I listed above don't have any drone and doesn't have that tin can sound when you gas it.

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
457 Posts
I put flowmasters on my 2016 sxt and they weren’t terrible but I definitely recommend Borla over ANYTHING for the v6 challenger. Yes borla is pricey but there is no comparison to flowmaster. There’s two kits that’s borla sells. Here’s a link to what my challenger sounds like with their ATAK setup.
You got me very excited to buy this exhaust setup very soon. BTW that woosh when shifting is that the CAI? Or something else

Reactions: jFritz

·
Registered
13 Posts
You got me very excited to buy this exhaust setup very soon. BTW that woosh when shifting is that the CAI? Or something else
That's just the natural sound i got after installing the borla setup :D

Your Challenger requires 2 separate mufflers.
I agree with The Fritz, but there is a catch to that.

Let me save you the headache of the endless search for the muscle car sound with a V6.
I have a 2019 SXT and after a year of searching it comes down to 3 things.

1. The V6 Challenger can sound like a V8 Muscle Car. HOWEVER, ONLY at idle.
The moment you give it gas, it will sound like a European Sports car, not an American Muscle car.
So if you want an American Muscle car sound throughout RPM's, get an R/T before you put too many miles on your SXT.

2. So if you want it to sound like a V8 at idle, but a European sport car sound when you gas it, then don't waste your money and time on countless mods to your exhaust. Just get a Borla ATAK or Borla S-Type (best for daily driver). Yes it cost a lot, but that is the best sound with no drama after installation.

3. If you are okay with the European sport car sound at idle and when you gas it, the best option I think is Different Trend Flow II Stainless Steel Oval grey Exhausts (2.25 offset, 18 in length). You would delete both the resonators too. Takes about 200-300 mile for the sound to really kick in.

Don't waste your time on Flow Masters, they have a bad tin metal Honda sound when you gas it and there is drone in the cabin.
The 2 choices I listed above don't have any drone and doesn't have that tin can sound when you gas it.
I couldn't agree more with all that you said. Sounds like a V8 at idle but ONLY idle. Just not too much you can do with the 3.6l because the headers are cast to the block. I do have to say, getting the borla did put a massive smile on my face and was my favorite mod. I had flowmasters before and had a large amount of drone. Borla is the best choice for the V6 challenger.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,849 Posts
I like my Solo exhaust a lot. You see a lot of cold start videos just because that's when you'll get the most sound when stopped. It sounds best at WOT, but what it sounds like just driving is important too. My Solo from a stop sounds very similar inside as the above (even with a lousy iPad video)

A Guy

Reactions: thundir

·
Registered
2019 SXT
21 Posts
I like my Solo exhaust a lot. You see a lot of cold start videos just because that's when you'll get the most sound when stopped. It sounds best at WOT, but what it sounds like just driving is important too. My Solo from a stop sounds very similar inside as the above (even with a lousy iPad video)

A Guy
Solo Performance Exhaust is my 2nd favorite next to Borla when it comes to sound.
They are almost half the price of a Borla, but the problem is they sound just slightly better than a Different Trends Flow II setup.
Different Trends Flow II cost me $37.00 for each muffler and if you change your setup to an H-pipe you can barely tell which sounds better when it's compared to Solo.

So Solo is around $830 - $920 for complete setup
DT Flow II around $74-$100 for both mufflers
Borla $1,300 - 1,420 for complete setup

So when it comes to the slight difference, I go for DT Flow II.
Can't see me spending hundreds more, just for a slight difference.
It may just be me that can only hear a slight difference between Solo and DT Flow II.
So I can't fault anyone on that choice. Great Sound is in the ear of the beholder.:)

One thing I know for sure though, is the Borla Exhaust is the only setup to where you at least get the American muscle car sound at idle with a single purchase and no drone in the cabin.

As for the DT Flow II. This is the guy (another guy) I took the setup from.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,849 Posts
Well, while I disagree with any V6 exhaust sounding like "American muscle car sound at idle ", and you'd have to pay someone to cobble together the J-Pipes for the other as well, whatever makes an owner happy. I've yet to see any exhaust sound like a V8. I do hear people say that people tell them they thought it was a V8...but it has to be wishful thinking. If someone sold a system that actually made it sound like a V8, I think they'd be rich, lol

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 SXT
21 Posts
Well, while I disagree with any V6 exhaust sounding like "American muscle car sound at idle ", and you'd have to pay someone to cobble together the J-Pipes for the other as well, whatever makes an owner happy. I've yet to see any exhaust sound like a V8. I do hear people say that people tell them they thought it was a V8...but it has to be wishful thinking. If someone sold a system that actually made it sound like a V8, I think they'd be rich, lol

A Guy
I think that's why Borla charges so much, because of how close it sounds.
I know Solo has the j-pipe setup, and like I said, it does sound good on the V6 Challengers, but not much better than the DT Flow II's.

However, are you telling me the sound clip from The Fritz doesn't have an American Muscle Car sound(at idle)...?

The ATAK on the R/T has that similar sound on a V6 at idle with no additional mods to an R/T.
Here's an R/T clip with the ATAK muffler installed. See it at 00:20 seconds for the start up.

I know it's not exact, like any muffler on different cars, but they do sound similar.
Sure all bets are off when the R/T is rev'd, but at idle, I find Borla ATAK or even the Borla S-type to have that American muscle car sound.

Like I said before, great sound is in the ear of the beholder.
Challenger V6s won't have that great sound of a Hemi, but the Borla sure brings it close.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,849 Posts
However, are you telling me the sound clip from The Fritz doesn't have an American Muscle Car sound(at idle)...?
If a V6 can be considered a muscle car. I don't think it sounds like a V8. But honestly, I wouldn't much care how a V8 sounds at idle unless it had a lope. It's all about on acceleration, when driving, and of course WOT. I think it sounds good...for the V6. JMHO

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,849 Posts
I have yet to see anyone post here saying they got the Ripp

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 Challenger SXT Frostbite
79 Posts
I have yet to see anyone post here saying they got the Ripp

A Guy
Yes, I'm thinking their exaust systems just aren't as popular as Borla and others.
The Ripp system sure sounds pretty good in the u-tube videos.
Jim...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts