Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
The 1320 is a drag car.

The 2021 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 includes the following features…
  • TorqueFlite 8HP70 8-speed automatic transmission – required equipment for the R/T Scat Pack 1320, replacing the standard manual transmission on the Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
  • TransBrake – locks the output shaft of the automatic transmission to hold the car stationary before a standing start
  • Torque Reserve – works in conjunction with the TransBrake and Launch Control by managing fuel flow to cylinders and controlling spark advance or retard to balance engine rpm and torque to maximize power delivery and launch performance
  • Nexen SUR4G Drag Spec 275/40R20 street-legal drag radials – specially developed tires that deliver exceptional grip at the drag strip and on the street
  • SRT-tuned three-mode Adaptive Damping Suspension (ADS) electronically retuned for the Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320
    • Includes Drag Mode that, when engaged, optimizes weight transfer to the rear for best launch traction
  • The standard interior configuration has driver’s seat only to help reduce weight by approximately 114 pounds; the front passenger seat and rear seat are available individually as $1 options
  • Performance-tuned asymmetrical limited-slip differential with 3.09 final drive
  • Extreme-duty 41-spline rear axle half shafts adopted from the Challenger SRT Demon
  • Line Lock – engages the front brakes to hold the Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 stationary, but leaves the rear wheels free for a burnout to heat up and clean the rear tires
  • Launch Assist – uses wheel speed sensors to watch for driveline-damaging wheel hop at launch and, in milliseconds, modifies the engine torque to regain full grip
  • Launch Control – controls tire slip during straight-line acceleration
  • Low Gloss Black 20 x 9.5-inch aluminum-forged wheels with knurled bead seats to minimize tire slip on the wheel
  • Brembo High-performance Brake Package with four-piston calipers

·
Premium Member
5,141 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Alabama. I think that says it all! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 1320 is a drag car.

The 2021 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 includes the following features…
  • TorqueFlite 8HP70 8-speed automatic transmission – required equipment for the R/T Scat Pack 1320, replacing the standard manual transmission on the Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
  • TransBrake – locks the output shaft of the automatic transmission to hold the car stationary before a standing start
  • Torque Reserve – works in conjunction with the TransBrake and Launch Control by managing fuel flow to cylinders and controlling spark advance or retard to balance engine rpm and torque to maximize power delivery and launch performance
  • Nexen SUR4G Drag Spec 275/40R20 street-legal drag radials – specially developed tires that deliver exceptional grip at the drag strip and on the street
  • SRT-tuned three-mode Adaptive Damping Suspension (ADS) electronically retuned for the Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320
    • Includes Drag Mode that, when engaged, optimizes weight transfer to the rear for best launch traction
  • The standard interior configuration has driver’s seat only to help reduce weight by approximately 114 pounds; the front passenger seat and rear seat are available individually as $1 options
  • Performance-tuned asymmetrical limited-slip differential with 3.09 final drive
  • Extreme-duty 41-spline rear axle half shafts adopted from the Challenger SRT Demon
  • Line Lock – engages the front brakes to hold the Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 stationary, but leaves the rear wheels free for a burnout to heat up and clean the rear tires
  • Launch Assist – uses wheel speed sensors to watch for driveline-damaging wheel hop at launch and, in milliseconds, modifies the engine torque to regain full grip
  • Low Gloss Black 20 x 9.5-inch aluminum-forged wheels with knurled bead seats to minimize tire slip on the wheel
Thanks for your reply...I am looking g for the difference between the two...from my limited knowledge of the two, there doesn't seem to be a lot of difference except the tires and seats...any information is appreciated...

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Thanks for your reply...I am looking g for the difference between the two...from my limited knowledge of the two, there doesn't seem to be a lot of difference except the tires and seats...any information is appreciated...
Almost everything I posted is the difference, except for the transmission, brembos, line lock, and launch controls. Those are on the regular scats as well. The 1320 is more that seats and tires. Can get the regular scat pack specs here. here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Almost everything I posted is the difference, except for the transmission, brembos, line lock, and launch controls. Those are on the regular scats as well. The 1320 is more that seats and tires. Can get the regular scat pack specs here.
I greatly appreciate your response...obviously, I'm not well versed on Challengers...my friends just bought a 2021 392 Hemi Scatpack, automatic...I am trying to differentiate between a 1320 and his car...both have same engine (same horsepower), same transmission, line lock, launch, etc. Can you just "tell" me a.couple differences? I know there is a slight weight difference, different tires, and different emblems...is it a "tuning"difference

Thanks again...needless to say, I am not well versed in Challengers...my best friend just bought a 2021 Challenger RT Scatpack...in comparing it to a 1320, it has same engine, automatic transmission but it weighs a little more...if someone could "tell" me some differences, I would appreciate it...and Stitches, thanks again...

·
Registered
584 Posts
the transmissions and suspension is the biggest difference, the tranny is different as stated above---line lock and trans brake are not the same thing neither is the launch mode the same as the trans brake.

the suspension in a 1320 is designed to squat and weight transfer for drag racing while the scat is not, the 1320 also comes with factory drag radials...crappy on the street in rain to say the least. but is certainly the fastest in the 1/4 mi.

there is no free ride, spend some time reading up on these wonders of horsepower, personally i went with a wide body scat pack shaker and have zero regrets.

·
Registered
2019 F8 Green 1320
115 Posts
I never asked what was better...I asked what the difference between them is...
Someone very clearly laid it out for you, so you need to decide what you want in a car. Do you want to take it to the track or just drive it to work every day for a smooth ride. That's what I meant about what is better. You can ask what the difference is, but if you don't understand the mechanics of it all, it's hard to explain what the difference is without knowing what aspects you're looking for...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the transmissions and suspension is the biggest difference, the tranny is different as stated above---line lock and trans brake are not the same thing neother is the launch mode the same as the trans brake.

the suspension in a 1320 is designed to squat and weight transfer for drag racing while the scat is not, the 1320 also comes with factory drag radials...crappy on the street in rain to say the least. but is certainly the fastest in the 1/4 mi.

there is no free ride, spend some time reading up on these wonders of horsepower, personally i went with a wide body scat pack shaker and have zero regrets.
Thanks! They both have the same engine hence, same horsepower...and both are 8 speed automatic...
Someone very clearly laid it out for you, so you need to decide what you want in a car. Do you want to take it to the track or just drive it to work every day for a smooth ride. That's what I meant about what is better. You can ask what the difference is, but if you don't understand the mechanics of it all, it's hard to explain what the difference is without knowing what aspects you're looking for...
The suspension is different...since both are 8 speed automatics and both are 329 v8 hemis, both have line lock and both have a transbrake, is there any other difference besides the suspension? Are you saying there is a difference also in the transbrake and also line lock? Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! They both have the same engine hence, same horsepower...and both are 8 speed automatic...

The suspension is different...since both are 8 speed automatics and both are 329 v8 hemis, both have line lock and both have a transbrake, is there any other difference besides the suspension? Are you saying there is a difference also in the transbrake and also line lock? Thanks
This explains it...thanks for replying

Thanks...this explains it in layman's terms

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,147 Posts
  • Nexen SUR4G Drag Spec 275/40R20 street-legal drag radials – all-new specially developed tires that deliver exceptional grip at the drag strip and on the street
    • Preproduction testing shows that the Nexen tires demonstrate consistent run times with minimal burnout preparation at the drag strip
  • Standard interior configuration has driver’s seat only to help reduce weight by approximately 114 pounds; front passenger seat and rear seat are available individually as $1 options
A Guy

·
Registered
409 Posts
I do't think you should get a 1320 unless you plan on 2 things
1- buying another set of wheels and tires for the street. The Drag Radials that come with the car will wear out very fast if you daily drive on them. They are designed for the drag strip.
2 - Your not going to daily drive it. This isn't a daily driver, it's a factory race car. It's setup for the drag strip.

Now the Regular Scat Pack is a daily Driver so to speak. It comes with All season tires and you could drive it all year round. It's a bit dangerous in the winter with snow but with a good set of winter tires , you could manage light snow and ice. Not the smartest idea but you could pull it off.

So really there is nothing else you need to know to choose between a 1320 and a Scat Pack.

·
Registered
2019 F8 Green 1320
115 Posts
I do't think you should get a 1320 unless you plan on 2 things
1- buying another set of wheels and tires for the street. The Drag Radials that come with the car will wear out very fast if you daily drive on them. They are designed for the drag strip.
2 - Your not going to daily drive it. This isn't a daily driver, it's a factory race car. It's setup for the drag strip.

Now the Regular Scat Pack is a daily Driver so to speak. It comes with All season tires and you could drive it all year round. It's a bit dangerous in the winter with snow but with a good set of winter tires , you could manage light snow and ice. Not the smartest idea but you could pull it off.

So really there is nothing else you need to know to choose between a 1320 and a Scat Pack.
This is a good point. I bought a second set and put Pirelli Pzero Nero's from a hellcat. It drives pretty well, so I have no complaints. It's pretty comparable to my old Scat Pack Shaker. Even though we don't get much rain in CA, I still need all season tires.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
142 Posts
Honestly, skip the 1320 and get a Scat Pack to modify. Put skinny wheels up front and 315mm drag radials in back, swap in lighter front disc brakes, pull the passenger and rear seats (sell them off to finance more mods), get a tune, put the 1320 springs in the back, and get some seat time at the strip. You will give up the Demon axles, trans brake, and higher stall torque converter but if you don't know what they are and what they do for you, you won't miss the performance differences.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Honestly, skip the 1320 and get a Scat Pack to modify. Put skinny wheels up front and 315mm drag radials in back, swap in lighter front disc brakes, pull the passenger and rear seats (sell them off to finance more mods), get a tune, put the 1320 springs in the back, and get some seat time at the strip. You will give up the Demon axles, trans brake, and higher stall torque converter but if you don't know what they are and what they do for you, you won't miss the performance differences.
The RT Scatpack has a transbrake and line lock also...thanks! I appreciate your info...

1 - 20 of 103 Posts