Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Posting as a long time lurker here. Seriously since like 2013, I have been wanting a Challenger but decided to go with a 5.0 at the time. The older model challengers handled too much like a boat. Was impressed with the scat pack after almost going with a Corvette. I think the scat pack is the perfect solution for a fun daily driver.

Finally pulled the trigger and placed an order on a new Scat Pack and went with the black, stock except the driver package. Dealer gave me what I thought was a good deal at 42.5k drive out.

I wanted what everyone has referred to as "granite crystal" but only see granite now as an option. Are they the same thing? I have 2 days to let the dealer know so they can change out the color.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nothing looks as good as a clean black car. Nothing takes as much time and work as a clean black car. We call owning a black car a full time job :)
Never again for me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing looks as good as a clean black car. Nothing takes as much time and work as a clean black car. We call owning a black car a full time job :)
Never again for me.
Fair enough. My last car was black and with keeping it in the garage I could get away with slightly more time before having to wash it.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I wanted what everyone has referred to as "granite crystal" but only see granite now as an option. Are they the same thing? I have 2 days to let the dealer know so they can change out the color.
Yes, Granite and Granite Crystal is the same color.

They tried to toughen up the names of the colors a few years back and guess Crystal sounded more like it belonged on a 300.

Me personally, I'd definitely make the change, Granite is flat out awesome on these cars and I wouldn't wish a black car on anyone!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Silver

·
Registered
10,135 Posts
Best of luck and congrats.

IMO, color is the most important option. You'll see it all the time.

Reactions: FreddyG

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
403 Posts
Color is definitely the most important option on these cars. It’s literally the first thing you see and what everyone sees first.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Me personally, I'd definitely make the change, Granite is flat out awesome on these cars and I wouldnt wish a black car on anyone!
I thought I learned my lesson on my last car which was black lol...just so captivating when it's washed and waxed.

·
Premium Member
4,347 Posts
Here's my wife's Charger in Granite, in the sun. Looks brilliant! I'd pick this over black any day.

·
Premium Member
4,347 Posts

I wish I could find the photo collage I once saw of this prototype Hellcat. It had Brass Monkey wheels with the Sepia (now called caramel) interior. It looked fantastic.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Granite is an awesome color. It has a nice metallic look to it in the sun. It also opens you up to many different colors of stripes, if you are thinking of going that way.

Reactions: FreddyG

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,417 Posts
View attachment 1018578

I wish I could find the photo collage I once saw of this prototype Hellcat. It had Brass Monkey wheels with the Sepia (now called caramel) interior. It looked fantastic.

View attachment 1018581
That exterior, and that interior looks great. Reminds me of my Jeep Grand Cherokee.
It is called "Mineral Gray Metallic Clear Coat" exterior and "New Saddle" interior. My wife is NOT a fan.
And in reality, it does not look quite as nice as these pictures. It has a bit of 'character' that doesn't show up, but was priced right.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Granite is an awesome color. It has a nice metallic look to it in the sun. It also opens you up to many different colors of stripes, if you are thinking of going that way.
I might be the oddball, but never was a fan of adding stripes. Just something with naturally contrasted colors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put out the request to the dealer to see if they can change it out to granite for me before production accepts it. If not, looks like I will spend more time at the wash!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Never again for me.
...I was going w/another Black vehicle when I got this Challenger.
As anal as I am about a 'Clean' Black car, my wife reminded me of my separated
shoulder from years ago and my motorcycle crash 15 years ago, not to mention that I'm 66 yo
and not really able to clean like I used to could.

So......... I went with the Frostbite color.
Wrong choice.
It's just as much trouble to keep clean as a Black one would have been................:unsure:

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,181 Posts
I always say I love other people's black cars.
Never again for me either.
My white is ALWAYS dirty, so went back to black on the 4 door.

Black ALWAYS looks meaner, faster and bad ass dirty or clean.......................

1 - 20 of 89 Posts