Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts

This is my first “non black vehicle” and it’s my first car since a 1997 Mazda 626 (I’m a truck guy). But I currently have a 2019 Ram, and it and every truck I’ve ever had is black. All my wife’s vehicles are white or silver and while they are easier to clean, I cannot stay away from black. The only thing that makes it tough, is I moved my truck outside to make room for the challenger. So, the pollen is killer on that black...but it’s all good. I won’t veer this into a ceramic coating thread, but now that I see how amazing it is on my car, my truck is next. That’ll save hours of cleaning. But, I don’t have issues with black —and that’s with 20yrs of traveling/moving in the military. It’s beautiful!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Octane red is the best color, I think as well. I wanted monotone colors just to limit attention slightly, if that is even possible on this thing.
Nope. :oops:

·
Registered
10,136 Posts
I am partial to bright colors. I like Octane Red and Tor-red for the Challenger. Play around with the color choice tool to see if you may want to change your mind.

I like the bright colors too.

Personal choice of course, but the Challenger wears any color well.

My first Challenger.

13698.jpg

13722.jpg

My present Challenger

100369-2cb08e747a50a68ebf3f9e943d3022a4.jpg
41577.jpg

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,420 Posts
Best color Challenger is a tie between the one in your driveway, and Plum Crazy. 2nd best is a battle, B5, Sinamon Stick, Frostbite, Hellraisen.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Best color Challenger is a tie between the one in your driveway, and Plum Crazy. 2nd best is a battle, B5, Sinamon Stick, Frostbite, Hellraisen.
And Indigo Blue....Just sayin' (OK, I'm biased, throw the book at me)

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
And Indigo Blue....Just sayin' (OK, I'm biased, throw the book at me)
Sure thing, I love most all blues, I have had a TON of them. First new car 1988 LeBaron Turbo Coupe in Twighlight Blue, my 2006 Charger R/T was Midnight Blue (looked just like Gibbs' car on NCIS at the time). Had a Sante Fe Blue & Argent Shelby Charger Turbo, and whatever the light silvery blue was on my 1986 Lancer ES Turbo.
Always wanted a Jeep in Patriot Blue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Frostbite was a color I was not expecting to like but when you get close to it, its great. In the Texas heat I am asking for trouble with all black, but thats part of the fun.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My pitch black 2012 R/T w/M6 trans......123,000 miles and going strong, just getting broke in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Posting as a long time lurker here. Seriously since like 2013, I have been wanting a Challenger but decided to go with a 5.0 at the time. The older model challengers handled too much like a boat. Was impressed with the scat pack after almost going with a Corvette. I think the scat pack is the perfect solution for a fun daily driver.

Finally pulled the trigger and placed an order on a new Scat Pack and went with the black, stock except the driver package. Dealer gave me what I thought was a good deal at 42.5k drive out.

I wanted what everyone has referred to as "granite crystal" but only see granite now as an option. Are they the same thing? I have 2 days to let the dealer know so they can change out the color.
F79E3009-A56D-452A-96EF-1A436B1BB7D8.jpeg
Get a polish or detail even a ceramic coating this will make it easier to own a black car super clean

·
Registered
13 Posts
Posting as a long time lurker here. Seriously since like 2013, I have been wanting a Challenger but decided to go with a 5.0 at the time. The older model challengers handled too much like a boat. Was impressed with the scat pack after almost going with a Corvette. I think the scat pack is the perfect solution for a fun daily driver.

Finally pulled the trigger and placed an order on a new Scat Pack and went with the black, stock except the driver package. Dealer gave me what I thought was a good deal at 42.5k drive out.

I wanted what everyone has referred to as "granite crystal" but only see granite now as an option. Are they the same thing? I have 2 days to let the dealer know so they can change out the color.
I have B5 Blue, and would never want another color, get comments on it all the time. Black is beautiful when it is clean, my wife has a 20 Daytona in Black, but again it is a full time job keeping it clean.

·
Registered
11 Posts

I owned a 2016 Granite Crystal. The color is awesome and I got a lot of compliments. Much easier to care for than Black. I currently own a F8Green Scat. I get a lot of compliments on that as well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think you'll love the Scat Pack.
First, what year are you trying to get?
For 2021, there's Granite and Pitch-Black. Sometimes the colors work good with certain other accents on the car. For example, Pitch-Black with a dual snorkel Matte Black hood, etc.....That combo seems to really work. I don't care for Torred, but Torred w/ a Matte Black hood and hood pins looks fantastic.
Sounds like you're dealer is being flexible with different options, which is cool. Just go for what you want.
If you can, get Adaptive Suspension.
Remember, you can always upgrade the car with aftermarket parts to make it handle even better- strut tower braces and bigger sway bar in the front (hollow).

·
Registered
88 Posts
I used to drive around in this color with a baby seat in it and folks laughed at me until I embarrassed them when they tried to street race me. Had a well built 440 in it. Now, I have a similar color in a late model. Nothing except a cat back on a stock 5.7L for now, but maybe one day.... At least I haven't seen anyone laughing at me in the newer one.
sidedown1.jpg
20200907_163446.jpg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Been a long time since I’ve posted but my 2016 plum crazy purple gets me at least one comment a day on what a great looking car I have
Never in a garage and always looks good , was planning to trade it in this year as warranty is up and I’ll get a good trade in at 15,000 miles ( daily driver ) but don’t like any available colors
Black or white are nightmares to keep clean

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
674 Posts
Granite Crystal is a very nice color but still too dark for me as it shows dust/dirt easily. I live in Vegas and the wind blows often here and there are many days i wash it and often in the next day or two its windy and it already is dusty. I wanted a B5 as i think that is the best color but i was looking for a preowned and that one was real hard to find the way i wanted it so ended up with the Billit. Darker than Triple Nickle, lighter than Granite.....dust dont show up as much.

That and seems everybody has a black or gray/granite Challenger so i didnt want what everybody else has.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
674 Posts
My white is ALWAYS dirty, so went back to black on the 4 door.

Black ALWAYS looks meaner, faster and bad ass dirty or clean.......................
Dust dont show much on white cars. My Ram is white and when my Billit Challenger is looking dirty as hell, the Ram dont look as bad lol.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I like a black vehicle owned several over the years but for my Challenger I went with orange but I think all the colors are great id have a color for everyday of the week if possible.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I used to drive around in this color with a baby seat in it and folks laughed at me until I embarrassed them when they tried to street race me. Had a well built 440 in it. Now, I have a similar color in a late model. Nothing except a cat back on a stock 5.7L for now, but maybe one day.... At least I haven't seen anyone laughing at me in the newer one.
Sweet, both color, and drop top! I would absolutely love to convert mine, maybe a "Carson Top"

41 - 60 of 89 Posts