Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,330 Posts
Posting as a long time lurker here. Seriously since like 2013, I have been wanting a Challenger but decided to go with a 5.0 at the time. The older model challengers handled too much like a boat. Was impressed with the scat pack after almost going with a Corvette. I think the scat pack is the perfect solution for a fun daily driver.

Finally pulled the trigger and placed an order on a new Scat Pack and went with the black, stock except the driver package. Dealer gave me what I thought was a good deal at 42.5k drive out.

I wanted what everyone has referred to as "granite crystal" but only see granite now as an option. Are they the same thing? I have 2 days to let the dealer know so they can change out the color.
My recommendation is to get the color that makes you smile every time that you see it. For us, that was the GCM (Granite Crystal Metallic), but if Sinamon Stick was available back then, that's the color that we'd have gotten.

In my opinion, black looks great when cleaned up (A Guy's Challenger is the best example that I can think of) but has no life to it. One of the high impact colors with some pearl or metal flake in it gives a different look in different light. I like that instead of just looking black all of the time.

Please don't take this as a knock against black cars because it's not meant to be. They look Great, but it's just not my taste.

Here's my wife's Charger in Granite, in the sun. Looks brilliant! I'd pick this over black any day.
View attachment 1018572
Great picture to demonstrate the differences in light that GCM can have (the body lines/creases don't hurt when it comes to shading either) . That's a Nice looking Charger RWL11!

I like the wheels too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Posting as a long time lurker here. Seriously since like 2013, I have been wanting a Challenger but decided to go with a 5.0 at the time. The older model challengers handled too much like a boat. Was impressed with the scat pack after almost going with a Corvette. I think the scat pack is the perfect solution for a fun daily driver.

Finally pulled the trigger and placed an order on a new Scat Pack and went with the black, stock except the driver package. Dealer gave me what I thought was a good deal at 42.5k drive out.

I wanted what everyone has referred to as "granite crystal" but only see granite now as an option. Are they the same thing? I have 2 days to let the dealer know so they can change out the color.
Get the color you really like. I've had black, blue, red & white cars. I have a white scat pack shaker now. Use to have a black shaker rt.
The granite will look cleaner a little longer. Just get the color you like best, because you're going to be living with it.

·
Registered
2021 F8 Green Scat Pack Shaker
35 Posts

This is my first “non black vehicle” and it’s my first car since a 1997 Mazda 626 (I’m a truck guy). But I currently have a 2019 Ram, and it and every truck I’ve ever had is black. All my wife’s vehicles are white or silver and while they are easier to clean, I cannot stay away from black. The only thing that makes it tough, is I moved my truck outside to make room for the challenger. So, the pollen is killer on that black...but it’s all good. I won’t veer this into a ceramic coating thread, but now that I see how amazing it is on my car, my truck is next. That’ll save hours of cleaning. But, I don’t have issues with black —and that’s with 20yrs of traveling/moving in the military. It’s beautiful!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:p:love:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I think you'll love the Scat Pack.
First, what year are you trying to get?
For 2021, there's Granite and Pitch-Black. Sometimes the colors work good with certain other accents on the car. For example, Pitch-Black with a dual snorkel Matte Black hood, etc.....That combo seems to really work. I don't care for Torred, but Torred w/ a Matte Black hood and hood pins looks fantastic.
Sounds like you're dealer is being flexible with different options, which is cool. Just go for what you want.
If you can, get Adaptive Suspension.
Remember, you can always upgrade the car with aftermarket parts to make it handle even better- strut tower braces and bigger sway bar in the front (hollow).
After seeing the totally stupid used market prices, I got a newer one for relatively cheaper. 2021 RT SP with just the driver convenience group and ordered from factory. Received VIN 2 days ago and just in anxiety mode now. Kept it as close to low 40k since I couldn’t really justify anything more for a daily driver. Once I put some miles on it this is what I am thinking for first basic mods:
  • 275 tires
  • oil catch can
  • cai/tune/TB

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,558 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts

Well, Back in January 2020 I bought my 2020 Challenger Scat Pack 392. I finally found one with the packages and color I wanted. I wanted blue and that is what I bought. Not only blue, but a 6 speed stick shift. No automatic for me. The only thing I forgot to check is whether it had an onboard NAV infotainment system. It didn't. But it does have CarPlay and I now use my iPhone and Google Maps for my trips. I'm fine with it. Only I have to have my iPhone plugged into a USB port otherwise the iPhone screen doesn't display in the infotainment system. Just a note: I traded in my 2016 R/T which had a NAV infotainment system and I guess I just expected my new Challenger would also. I didn't notice the difference until 2 months later when I was about to go on a trip. I also found out that there isn't a factory replacement possible and that an after market system probably would disconnect some or all of the steering wheel buttons, not to mention that it might void the factory warrantee. So, I decided not to buy an after market replacement.

·
Registered
96 Posts
After seeing the totally stupid used market prices, I got a newer one for relatively cheaper. 2021 RT SP with just the driver convenience group and ordered from factory. Received VIN 2 days ago and just in anxiety mode now. Kept it as close to low 40k since I couldn’t really justify anything more for a daily driver. Once I put some miles on it this is what I am thinking for first basic mods:
  • 275 tires
  • oil catch can
  • cai/tune/TB
Do you have a link to the car- is it posted online? yes, the blind spot monitoring is a must.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Everybody is entitled to their opinions. Unfortunately yours is wrong.

😄

I keed.
White is easy color to maintain. Any blemishes like swirls don't show as much compared to red or black (dark colors) Plus white reflects the suns rays there by keeping car cooler. Next time in a parking lot on a sunny day put your hand on top of a white car roof then put your hand on a black car roof. Feel the difference? Black on Black you will fry like an egg inside. Use of touch up paint is more forgiving on the color white. Black cars can't see it at night or black interior things can be more difficult to find. It's a Swirl-A-Thon on the color black. Black every spec of dust will show so much more difficult to keep it looking clean.
I love the "Go Mango" color but like black it would be a difficult color to maintain. Don't know if it will fade out if you keep your cars a long time. If you change your cars often 3 yrs./lease then I guess it doesn't make a difference what color as long as you like it. But for the long run 20-30 years+ White wins hands down.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
View attachment 1019147 Get a polish or detail even a ceramic coating this will make it easier to own a black car super clean
Why is Ceramic coating so expensive? Is it because the installers must suit up and it involves special equipment? Is it worth $1,000+ to have it professionally done?

View attachment 1019147 Get a polish or detail even a ceramic coating this will make it easier to own a black car super clean
:unsure: How about good old fashion "Liquid Glass Polish"?:unsure: Do it yourself.

...I was going w/another Black vehicle when I got this Challenger.
As anal as I am about a 'Clean' Black car, my wife reminded me of my separated
shoulder from years ago and my motorcycle crash 15 years ago, not to mention that I'm 66 yo
and not really able to clean like I used to could.

So......... I went with the Frostbite color.
Wrong choice.
It's just as much trouble to keep clean as a Black one would have been................:unsure:
Go with white or silver.

over the years my favorite color has been black. Anything looks good black. Yup its harder to keep clean. So what. A car duster usually takes care of it. Im with unicorn. Black looks mean. Nothing tougher looking then a black hellcat or zl1 vette. Heck even back in the day when i loved me a grand national buick had the sense to know that black WAS THE COLOR that looked tough. go with black and have it ceramic coated and you might have to spend 5 more minutes a week cleaning it over another color. Dont know about the rest of you but you wont see my green challenger out of the road dirty. ANY color nice car looks like crap dirty in my opinion.
Certain cars look great in a certain color. Usually look at what colors the cars are advertised in as they show the best. It all depends too on the lines of car. But for a Buick GN or GNX black is definitely a natural for that car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just the order sheet, won’t be online.
Thanks.
Okay, so if the dealer is willing to, you want something closer to 275's all the way around. You won't like the 245's on the base model Scat Pack.
Either that, or just upgrade to a sub-trim level like the T/A, Dynamics Package, 1320, etc. which have 275's as part of the included package.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,558 Posts
Why is Ceramic coating so expensive? Is it because the installers must suit up and it involves special equipment? Is it worth $1,000+ to have it professionally done?
The coating isn't the major cost. I think mine was $600. The major cost is the hours of paint correction first

A Guy

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
When I sold my '95 Black Impala SS to get my Deep Water Blue 392 Challenger in 2011 I said I'd never get a 4-door sedan again, and I'd never get a black car again. Then this happened:oops:

CATZ.jpg
CATZB.jpg

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
When I sold my '95 Black Impala SS to get my Deep Water Blue 392 Challenger in 2011 I said I'd never get a 4-door sedan again, and I'd never get a black car again. Then this happened:oops:

View attachment 1019231 View attachment 1019231 View attachment 1019233 View attachment 1019233
So you got rid of the old LT-1 350 Impala SS? and ended up with another 4 dr. Which car the Charger or the Impala has more interior space?
I know the Charger being the newer vehicle outperforms the Impala SS?

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
So you got rid of the old LT-1 350 Impala SS? and ended up with another 4 dr. Which car the Charger or the Impala has more interior space?
I know the Charger being the newer vehicle outperforms the Impala SS?
2-dr Challenger between the SS & HC. Impala had a bit more interior space.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts