Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I want to retain my Bilstein dampers so looking to do drop spring. I've read through a couple threads and it seems that Eibach gives the most appropriate drop but there is some information that I did not find.

1) What other supporting mods are necessary for dropping the height of the car? Anything to prevent premature wear?

2) Has anyone experienced issues with constant Toe/Camber issues? Is there anything that should be bought to prevent this?

Looking forward to responses, really would like to get rid of the 4x4 look and retain handling/launching performance.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
1,940 Posts
When ever you modify the stance with Spring and such for best results Alignments will always have to be redone as the Center Point of Weight has changed.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Rear camber adjustments not possible with factory setup and you’ll be needing it. New cam bushings to get that dialed back in will be necessary for the cheapest option. I ponied up a little more for a complete Bwoody kit on mine. I dropped a fuzz over an inch with the KW adjustable springs and got the dreaded CV boot failures. These cars look and handle so good after lowering, I can't bear to go back to stock so am trying new Redeye half shafts. Word on the street is those boots hold up to lowering better.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rear camber adjustments not possible with factory setup and you’ll be needing it. New cam bushings to get that dialed back in will be necessary for the cheapest option. I ponied up a little more for a complete Bwoody kit on mine. I dropped a fuzz over an inch with the KW adjustable springs and got the dreaded CV boot failures. These cars look and handle so good after lowering, I can't bear to go back to stock so am trying new Redeye half shafts. Word on the street is those boots hold up to lowering better.
That's the part I'm afraid of. I'd hate to destroy my CV boots on a 700 mile. But then again I can't stand the 4x4 look.

Mostly, that's why I wanted to start the thread and ask to see what others have been experiencing. There's plenty of threads showcasing what it looks like and product reviews but not much research on what needs to be done additionally to springs to prevent failure of other parts. I'll have to research the Bwoody kit I haven't heard of that.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
IF I was to lower mine, I'd go with these. The spring rate is about the same:

Meanwhile, mine has settled a little bit since she was new, so I'm holding off on lowering her. I bet the rear has dropped an inch over time. Did I measure it? No, but it looks less 4WDish.

Reactions: jgraham70

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IF I was to lower mine, I'd go with these. The spring rate is about the same:

View attachment 1027435

Meanwhile, mine has settled a little bit since she was new, so I'm holding off on lowering her. I bet the rear has dropped an inch over time. Did I measure it? No, but it looks less 4WDish.

View attachment 1027436
No knocking it but is BMR on the same level as Eibach? Never heard of them but doesn't mean they aren't good.

Also, yours is way lower stock than mine was the dealer suppose to do something when getting it in? If you make your like a karate chop position I can get my entire hand between the tire and the fender and still not really touch the fender all 5 fingers in the rear.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
@HouseStark See post # 17. There's links to other discussions. Meanwhile BMR has a lifetime warranty on their products.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@HouseStark See post # 17. There's links to other discussions. Meanwhile BMR has a lifetime warranty on their products.

Thanks I'll give it a read

Anyone know of a collection of common issues that result from lowering a widebody along with the parts needed to prevent those issues? Very interested what else is needed beyond just spring whether it's Eibach or BMR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts