Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2021 Dodge lineup announcement at noon July 2nd

13K views 118 replies 36 participants last post by  ChallengerR/TFan 
#1 ·
Dodge is dropping hints and claims a new lineup announcement this week Wednesday at 12:00 pm EST on the Dodge website. Claiming 8950HP total which would be a bunch more than the current lineup.

#2 ·

A Guy

#5 ·
I guess since the originals didn’t run that many years so they are limited if they are to keep with the retro themes. Nissan is running their Frontier 16 years now and other than a new engine slated to go into the new body next year has been unchanged since 2005.
The less changes the more profit for Chrysler and well we will know soon. At Chrysler’s at Carlisle I’ll hear what they say in person.

#8 ·
I guess since the originals didn’t run that many years so they are limited if they are to keep with the retro themes. Nissan is running their Frontier 16 years now and other than a new engine slated to go into the new body next year has been unchanged since 2005.
The less changes the more profit for Chrysler and well we will know soon. At Chrysler’s at Carlisle I’ll hear what they say in person.
I'm just hoping for subtle updates like bumpers etc. like they did in 2015. Dodge has said that the next gen Challenger will be based off the current platform but modified. It will also retain a "retro" look.

#10 ·
It's gotta be Hellcat Durango and RAM news, why would they announce any 2021 Challenger news now when you won't see a 2021 til Christmas and they've just gotten 2020 up and running? More creative marketing and not much for us at this point I would suspect.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#15 ·
I'll get another Challenger in it's final year in it's current form. What I'm waiting for is the new Dakota or a 5th Gen Ram 1500 STANDARD cab. Apparently there's a holdup on these. They were promised by now. I've been looking at other brands for another truck. I'd hate to do that but Ram has dropped the ball with these two customer groups (mid size and full size standard cab). I regret selling my 2015 Ram R/T. Best truck I've ever had.

#17 ·
I don't expect any changes, just some additions and like any year, some appearance stuff or packages. There won't be a redesign of the Challenger. As mentioned, Redeye Charger, Durango Hellcat...

A Guy

#20 ·
Correct info in the thread I linked above

Dodge//SRT to reveal its new 2021 lineup at noon ET on July 2, 2020, at dodge.com

A Guy

Reactions: FreddyG
#22 ·
Changes???...

A dollar to anyone that can name the year of a Porsche...

#24 · (Edited)
OK Pioneer, maybe this will help you...Everyone is talking about the need for new designs because our cars have been around for a while...So my analogy is bringing up Porsche's...Not much change since since 1964...and can anyone tell the differences between all of them...Doesn't appear to hurt Porsche's sales having a car that looks like all the others...

Reactions: UP3985
#25 ·
OK Pioneer, maybe this will help you...Everyone is talking about the need for new designs because our cars have been around for a while...So my analogy is bringing up Porsche's...Not much change since since 1974...and can anyone tell the differences between all of them...Doesn't appear to hurt Porsche's sales having a car that looks like all the others...
That's pretty different. Porsche has reinvented the 911 from the ground up so many times since 1974 that it is not even the same car. Even while this Challenger platform has been out (Since 2008), the 911 has had now 3 distinctly different generations including the new 992. The styling has changed in subtle ways (things like wheelbase, width etc). But more importantly, underneath, things like body structure and suspension have gotten routine overhauls. If they didn't do that, the car wouldn't be constantly improving.

#26 ·
Everyone is saying is the Durango SRT and new Hemi 426 at 550HP, I can believe the Durango SRT is most likely based on pics all over the web, but I don’t see a 426 at 550 HP when the SP392 has been selling so well for Dodge, it they introduce a new engine what trim will it be called SRT 426? Lol [emoji23]
Car Hood Vehicle Grille Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#27 ·
Everyone is saying is the Durango SRT and new Hemi 426 at 550HP, I can believe the Durango SRT is most likely based on pics all over the web, but I don’t see a 426 at 550 HP when the SP392 has been selling so well for Dodge, it they introduce a new engine what trim will it be called SRT 426? Lol [emoji23]
View attachment 997271
View attachment 997272
View attachment 997273

Maybe the 5.7L goes away, the 392 goes to a plain R/T and the 426 goes to Scat Pack.

#36 ·
I for sure don’t think it’s ram related a Dakota quite possible the smaller truck segment to compete with the Colorado and what not, I know ford just started to sell their 7 liter engine as crate performance engine, hence the talk about a 426 engine

#43 ·
I'd bet money on no 426 (there, that should guarantee one, lol)

A Guy

#46 ·
I agree I think it’s a long shot Dodge has been selling the 392 very well and then competition like ford and chevy have not released a new power plant for their muscle car there is no need for it but one can dream and hope

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.