Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,918 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I find news almost as exciting as mulching my shrubs and flower beds tonight after work, how do I contain myself?
I'd just like to see some kind of refresh for the Challenger. Perhaps new front and rear fascias. It's been since 2015 and it's certainly due.

·
Premium Member
9,426 Posts
I guess since the originals didn’t run that many years so they are limited if they are to keep with the retro themes. Nissan is running their Frontier 16 years now and other than a new engine slated to go into the new body next year has been unchanged since 2005.
The less changes the more profit for Chrysler and well we will know soon. At Chrysler’s at Carlisle I’ll hear what they say in person.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,800 Posts
My W.A.G., 895 Horsepower in 10 different colors. The Demon is now old news.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess since the originals didn’t run that many years so they are limited if they are to keep with the retro themes. Nissan is running their Frontier 16 years now and other than a new engine slated to go into the new body next year has been unchanged since 2005.
The less changes the more profit for Chrysler and well we will know soon. At Chrysler’s at Carlisle I’ll hear what they say in person.
I'm just hoping for subtle updates like bumpers etc. like they did in 2015. Dodge has said that the next gen Challenger will be based off the current platform but modified. It will also retain a "retro" look.

·
Registered
14,402 Posts
It's gotta be Hellcat Durango and RAM news, why would they announce any 2021 Challenger news now when you won't see a 2021 til Christmas and they've just gotten 2020 up and running? More creative marketing and not much for us at this point I would suspect.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
I agree with Slidd. The RAM TRX or whatever it's called is the biggest news. They originally planned a 575 hp version, but will give it the full 700+ version. Add in the Durango, and the numbers bump up significantly.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Any chance for a Cuda?

Reactions: Beemerchef

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
I'll get another Challenger in it's final year in it's current form. What I'm waiting for is the new Dakota or a 5th Gen Ram 1500 STANDARD cab. Apparently there's a holdup on these. They were promised by now. I've been looking at other brands for another truck. I'd hate to do that but Ram has dropped the ball with these two customer groups (mid size and full size standard cab). I regret selling my 2015 Ram R/T. Best truck I've ever had.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,918 Posts
I don't expect any changes, just some additions and like any year, some appearance stuff or packages. There won't be a redesign of the Challenger. As mentioned, Redeye Charger, Durango Hellcat...

A Guy

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Will see if a friend at my local dealer has it correct when he mentioned changes will include a truck, track car and Charger...

HOT ROD ON

·
Registered
337 Posts
Dodge is dropping hints and claims a new lineup announcement this week Wednesday at 12:00 pm EST on the Dodge website. Claiming 8950HP total which would be a bunch more than the current lineup.

I’m confused it’s on weds like the comment says,which today July 1st Or is it is July 2nd like title says but that’s tomorrow Thursday not weds I am confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,918 Posts
Correct info in the thread I linked above

Dodge//SRT to reveal its new 2021 lineup at noon ET on July 2, 2020, at dodge.com

A Guy

Reactions: FreddyG
1 - 20 of 119 Posts