Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Challenger SXT, Octane Red Metallic, Ruby Red/Black Int.
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with my dealer. My car was supposed to built end of March, early April. The build date has been bumped up to Feb. 24th! He said the reason is that there is going to be a 3 week shutdown coming because of the chip shortage and they want to get as many sold units out as possible before then and worry about the lot units later.

Reactions: HellrasinMontana

·
Registered
2021 Scat Pack Widebody
28 Posts
So if you special ordered your car it’s going to be done ASAP? I hope so....my build is in trim status..... I hope that means they’re working on the shaker package!

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's funny, the dealership I ordered from a few days ago was sending out an urgency vibe that seemed different from the usual buy from us now vibe, if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
16,216 Posts
I just got off the phone with my dealer. My car was supposed to built end of March, early April. The build date has been bumped up to Feb. 24th! He said the reason is that there is going to be a 3 week shutdown coming because of the chip shortage and they want to get as many sold units out as possible before then and worry about the lot units later.
Whoa, the dealer said ANOTHER three week shutdown is coming?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
2021 Challenger SXT, Octane Red Metallic, Ruby Red/Black Int.
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ordered my hellcat last Tuesday 2/2/21 got oder# should Ibe worried
I ordered mine 01/26, not exactly sure when they physically entered it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts