Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
2301 - 2320 of 3130 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
ordered my Frostbite SP 4/19 , no info yet. waiting patiently
Hope you have lots of patience. We ordered 3/23 and were notified it was invoiced and in line for transport 5/14. Made it to NC last week less than an hour from my house and dealer is saying it could be July before he gets it due to the delivery company being excessively slow. Dodge needs to iron out these logistics issues, especially on sold units. With the Covid lottery in play it could be that the delivery company can't find people willing to work, who knows. Seems like the dealers could pay a reduced fee and be able to pick these units up but I'm told that isn't an option.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I gotta agree. It's not so much the waiting that sucks. But the waiting without any real substance as to why. On a side note got me a hellcat lower and tube OTW. Prolly be here before the car as well as the other parts. Lul.
I am wondering if it makes sense to break it in, change oil, then start on the first mods. I got the same one lined up and adding oil catch can to that as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Waiting. Another day, another negative VIN check. Rinse. Repeat.

Reactions: Kmopar

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Ordered ours early May. Dealer said 4-6 weeks, 6 weeks is June 12th. Got the VIN 3 weeks ago, then D status, then last week D1 status. So, hopefully by July 1st. Go Mango, Shaker 6-spd. We hope the chip shortage doesn't slow it more. Getting married in August, would love to have this for the honeymoon!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ordered ours early May. Dealer said 4-6 weeks, 6 weeks is June 12th. Got the VIN 3 weeks ago, then D status, then last week D1 status. So, hopefully by July 1st. Go Mango, Shaker 6-spd. We hope the chip shortage doesn't slow it more. Getting married in August, would love to have this for the honeymoon!

Ordered my Scat Pack Widebody April 27th and was done at upfitter and released to be shipped five weeks and day from when I ordered it. Currently sitting on a train somewhere...

·
Registered
561 Posts
So if I were to order a 1320, it shouldn't take too long right? I don't think there is anything that needs to go to the upfitters with that trim unless maybe the wheels.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So if I were to order a 1320, it shouldn't take too long right? I don't think there is anything that needs to go to the upfitters with that trim unless maybe the wheels.
Good Luck ,ordered a 1320 on march 16th, got a vin number in about 3 weeks after the order ,went to D1 status a week later, as of today still in D1, Had one come into the dealer with the same options except for the color I ordered ,this one was my 2nd choice in color ,needless to say a bird in the hand .sitting in the garage as we speak

·
Registered
208 Posts
Took 5 months to get mine.
It does have to go to the upfitter for wheels/tires at least.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You lucky dog. Ordered F8 SP on 4/12 and had a build date (status D1) but got sent back to status C, no build date now. POC still says estimated ship date 6/4. Very frustrating.
Well it’s a Charger though, so it wouldn’t be weird if time varies. Good luck man, I still feel for you.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Thanks Slidd and everyone. We didn't know the Shaker would go to an upfitter and take more time.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I
See, it's situations like this that probably have justifiable reasons, but dodge not offering an explanation when asked is the real amateur hour type move and sours customer's opinions. There's absolutely no reason why dodge can't reach out with a phone call to inform the dealer their car was derailed from typical time frames because of XYZ. There's just no excuse.
I Agree. I ordered a SP NB on 4/12, got a VIN 4/14, went to D status on 4/19 then D1 on 4/26 with an estimated ship date of 6/4. Then on 6/4 I was sent back to C status with no build date. Dodge could have called the dealer or even contacted me with a reason, I should not have to jump thru hoops to find out what is going on. They probably have a good reason like they are short on parts (chips?) so go ahead and do the right thing and tell us.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I Agree. I ordered a SP NB on 4/12, got a VIN 4/14, went to D status on 4/19 then D1 on 4/26 with an estimated ship date of 6/4. Then on 6/4 I was sent back to C status with no build date. Dodge could have called the dealer or even contacted me with a reason, I should not have to jump thru hoops to find out what is going on. They probably have a good reason like they are short on parts (chips?) so go ahead and do the right thing and tell us.
Right on. I ordered on 4/15 and have no idea what's going on. Frustrating to see orders put in after ours completed while we sit in limbo. Terrible way to treat customers. Is it the color? Is it the options ordered? Tell us.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Dealer contacted me this morning and said "his computer shows our car at his dealership at the end of June" fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Well, all ya'll are saying about 2 week delay for the upfitter for the shaker. My dealer said it's all at the plant, but a 2 week delay would put delivery at end of June, 2 weeks later than originally expected so idk.

2301 - 2320 of 3130 Posts