Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

2321 - 2340 of 2427 Posts

·
Registered
2021 scatpack shaker widebody white
26 Posts
Your not getting a car. I ordered dec 18. Im not getting one either. Had a deposit on a hellcat the dealership had a vin. Was supposed to be here in june now sept. Its prolly not coming either if your canadian no car for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unexpected update for CANADIANS. I haven’t got my SPWB shaker yet, and it’s been 231 days (October 19) but shockingly ...my buddy who also order his REDEYE WB the same week same dealer in Sudbury Ontario just got his ... I’m blown away ..a Canadian just got a hellcat 2021 Redeye ...wow!!

·
Registered
16,001 Posts

Well, all ya'll are saying about 2 week delay for the upfitter for the shaker. My dealer said it's all at the plant, but a 2 week delay would put delivery at end of June, 2 weeks later than originally expected so idk.
Might not be two weeks but probably at least a week. The Shaker cars leave Brampton with the shaker hood installed and painted but with plastic covering the empty hole in the hood. It is then either driven to Bolton or trucked to Windsor for the shaker equipment to be installed and then will be on the way to your dealer. Unless something has very recently changed, this is the way it is done.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
459 Posts
Took 5 months to get mine.
It does have to go to the upfitter for wheels/tires at least.
Dang, I'm guessing a WB or WB with shaker would take just as long if not longer? I'm thinking its the luck of the draw sometimes though like if the order they are painting certain colors.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Widebody cars no longer need to go to the Upfitter for wheels and tires, that changed mid way through the 2019 model year and most Widebody cars now leave Brampton ready to ship unless there are other options that require the Upfitter.

Redeyes and Super Stocks still go to a different Upfitter in Michigan for an extra inspection before shipping.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
18 Posts
No build sheet or window sticker showing for me but I reached out to the live customer chat and he wouldn’t tell me anymore from “the frame has been completed and now in ”paint”” he said the estimated time of arrival for the order is 5-7 weeks from order date 5/24

·
Registered
38 Posts
No build sheet or window sticker showing for me but I reached out to the live customer chat and he wouldn’t tell me anymore from “the frame has been completed and now in ”paint”” he said the estimated time of arrival for the order is 5-7 weeks from order date 5/24
I'd give it about a week typically. It can be in paint for up to 2 weeks according to customer service. One of the guys on here was at 3 and counting for a triple nickel tho.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well, I found out is it actually 1% under supplier price. But I cannot seem to figure out what the exact amount would be. The closest answer I could find was supplier price is slightly above invoice before the 1% is taken off, but that was for GM and not sure if its the same for Chrysler? So from quick math, it sounds like it would cost roughly 1.5k more than the guy offering 4% under invoice. But that place is about 4 hours away in a neighboring state and they want at least a 2k non-refundable deposit, while the scat pack guy only wants 1k down and he is about 3 hours away in my state and I know he sells a ton of Challengers. The trade in value each place would offer would make a difference too. I guess I could find out if either place will lock in the rebates, which are not great at the moment. I sure wish you could lock in the 0% interest, but really doubt you can do that. It does sound like some people are getting their cars quicker now so maybe if I put it in right away I could get it before summer is over at least.
In Chrysler world supplier is lower than invoice pricing as you can see on the invoice from my ordered car.
No dealer is going to sell at 4% under invoice. 4% of $42,710 is $1,707. Hold back is $1,285. There is no way in today’s climate a dealer is going to loose money to sell you a Challenger when some dealers are marking them up 5k-10k over sticker.
If you haven’t noticed the incentives are getting worse as time goes on so delaying keeps pushing your cost up.
You can lock in any current incentive the day you ordered.
What difference does it make if a dealer wants 1k, 2k, 5k down to order a car? You can adjust the deal when the car comes in- use all or non of your downpayment. They can refund the deposit when you pick up your car.
When we ordered cars sometimes we would require a higher down payment to weed out the strokers and dreamers.
90B3C566-EADD-44C7-9DEA-478736FB7446.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordered loaded WB RE octane red on 5/27. Told it would be about 3 months. Felt lucky with msrp after several dealers in FL asking 10k over! Have to continue making due with nearly stock beautiful 06 charger under 50,000 miles.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So, for those of you that have already gotten a car. How accurate was the "arrival date between X and X" I've got an arrival date of 31 of last month to the 14th of this month. I've got a sneaking suspension that I'm not going to have a car by that point. Kina trying to mentally prepare myself cause it seems like everyday I'm feeling more and more anxious.

·
Registered
71 Posts
So, for those of you that have already gotten a car. How accurate was the "arrival date between X and X" I've got an arrival date of 31 of last month to the 14th of this month. I've got a sneaking suspension that I'm not going to have a car by that point. Kina trying to mentally prepare myself cause it seems like everyday I'm feeling more and more anxious.
I’ve been told 8-10 weeks but its crazy times now.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My delivery date was originally the last week of February.
They changed that to a shipping date of early March.
Car was stickered & ready to ship on March 8.
Car arrived at dealer on April 27.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My delivery date was originally the last week of February.
They changed that to a shipping date of early March.
Car was stickered & ready to ship on March 8.
Car arrived at dealer on April 27.
Ugh. I believe Morgan Freeman said it best. "Hope could kill a man..." 😆

·
Registered
459 Posts
In Chrysler world supplier is lower than invoice pricing as you can see on the invoice from my ordered car.
No dealer is going to sell at 4% under invoice. 4% of $42,710 is $1,707. Hold back is $1,285. There is no way in today’s climate a dealer is going to loose money to sell you a Challenger when some dealers are marking them up 5k-10k over sticker.
If you haven’t noticed the incentives are getting worse as time goes on so delaying keeps pushing your cost up.
You can lock in any current incentive the day you ordered.
What difference does it make if a dealer wants 1k, 2k, 5k down to order a car? You can adjust the deal when the car comes in- use all or non of your downpayment. They can refund the deposit when you pick up your car.
When we ordered cars sometimes we would require a higher down payment to weed out the strokers and dreamers.
View attachment 1024134
The last I heard, the one sales guy was saying he could do the 4% under for 2k deposit. Not a huge deal I guess, just when he stresses "non-refundable" deposit and I hear some places it is refundable. So what you are saying the supplier price minus the 1% would really be closer than 2%? I guess I could get a pending order estimate from both places to compare what their actual prices would be.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The last I heard, the one sales guy was saying he could do the 4% under for 2k deposit. Not a huge deal I guess, just when he stresses "non-refundable" deposit and I hear some places it is refundable. So what you are saying the supplier price minus the 1% would really be closer than 2%? I guess I could get a pending order estimate from both places to compare what their actual prices would be.
The question I would ask is if you have to agree to use dealer financing to get the 4% under; and what interest rate are they gouging you with to make it up?

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you truly were offered 4% under invoice and never ordered a car regardless of the deposit I nor anybody else can help you. As I said that is less that what a dealer pays. When someone claims a deal like that and doesn’t buy they are either lying or nuts.
Nobody is doing under Supplier in todays environment- there are no cars so I call BS.

The question I would ask is if you have to agree to use dealer financing to get the 4% under; and what interest rate are they gouging you with to make it up?
At that price I could care less if I had to finance with dealer and could care less what the rate is. I would buy the car then drive right down to my local Credit Union refinance the car that day. A couple hundred lost in financing vs a couple thousand on the car. I’d play that game all day long.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine was pretty on point....which was surprising considering that the plant was shutdown the week after I placed my order. It took 7 weeks to get my car from the date I ordered. It was actually built and ready prior to that, but it sat in a railcar for 10 days before it was picked up and transported to the dealer, which was about 100 miles away. April 1 to May 21.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine just came in today. Order placed was 03/31. Informed it would arrive at dealer 06-07 thru 06-14 so window was pretty accurate. SP NB pitch black, same as yours.

obligatory pics attached
E012C18F-7717-457B-8319-E9C5D937DA09.jpeg
300E9E06-F550-4D40-BEC0-4DAA7F2623DF.jpeg

2321 - 2340 of 2427 Posts