Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

2341 - 2360 of 2426 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
The question I would ask is if you have to agree to use dealer financing to get the 4% under; and what interest rate are they gouging you with to make it up?
I didn't even consider that. I know you can shop around to get your own financing though so I wouldn't think it would be a big deal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Checked out a dealer today, in a different city from where we ordered ours. The have a 2018 red shaker, selling it for $44k. Same price as our Shaker! Cannot believe they can get sticker for a 3 year old car, salesman said they will get it too

·
Registered
459 Posts
Funny you should mention that. I just noticed the local dealer just got in an 18 torred hellcat auto, loaded with 13k miles. Price seems reasonable as they have a similar one same year with 5k miles and asking 62k for it. IDK, not my first pick in color, but not bad with the black wheels and stripes. I know the operating and maint. would be a little more, but wouldn't have to mod it for more power. It is used though. I've had new cars before, but never ordered one in which I would be the only one ever driving it if I order a scat pack. Although a new 1320 would cost about 5k more and a WB shaker over 10k more.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I didn't even consider that. I know you can shop around to get your own financing though so I wouldn't think it would be a big deal.
Make sure you read what you're signing - once an agreement is reduced to writing you cannot argue that you had a verbal agreement with the salesman.
This is a lesson a lot of people learn the hard way when they try to go to court...

Checked out a dealer today, in a different city from where we ordered ours. The have a 2018 red shaker, selling it for $44k. Same price as our Shaker! Cannot believe they sell for sticker here, salesman said they will get it too
They will get it because people are stupid & they don't want to wait, we turned into a culture that has to have everything we want right now...

Funny you should mention that. I just noticed the local dealer just got in an 18 torred hellcat auto, loaded with 13k miles. Price seems reasonable as they have a similar one same year with 5k miles and asking 62k for it. IDK, not my first pick in color, but not bad with the black wheels and stripes. I know the operating and maint. would be a little more, but wouldn't have to mod it for more power. It is used though. I've had new cars before, but never ordered one in which I would be the only one ever driving it if I order a scat pack. Although a new 1320 would cost about 5k more and a WB shaker over 10k more.
You need to ask yourself if you need all those options on a new or used car - are they really going to make the car that much more enjoyable (a "stripped down" scat still has a lot of stuff).
The second thing is warranty - the 2018 has no bumper to bumper warranty, & 3 of the 5 year engine warranty is already gone - if the supercharged motor dies the cost of replacement is going to be ridiculous.
Third, the scat is probably much more fun to drive - where are you actually going to be using that extra 200HP from the hellcat?

·
Registered
25 Posts
You need to ask yourself if you need all those options on a new or used car - are they really going to make the car that much more enjoyable (a "stripped down" scat still has a lot of stuff).
The second thing is warranty - the 2018 has no bumper to bumper warranty, & 3 of the 5 year engine warranty is already gone - if the supercharged motor dies the cost of replacement is going to be ridiculous.
Third, the scat is probably much more fun to drive - where are you actually going to be using that extra 200HP from the hellcat?
Exactly my point about warranties. I guess the big advantage is the car is already there. But still, I'm sure a little searching will get you a new car, full warranty and nobody has driven it.
And the extra 200HP? Well, anywhere you legally get the chance, of course!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Your probably right, it would probably get me into trouble sooner or later and then the warranty concern. But if I'm getting a Scat, I'm going to go all out "mostly" as I have to have the plus package for the cooled seats and leather, the upgraded audio because why get a car at this price with a lousy stereo? NAV, yeah probably don't need it, but it has its advantages, carbon fiber because it's different and adds some class. Really the only options I don't want or need is the tech package and the sunroof. If I wanted an all out drag car, then maybe a stripped 1320, but I know I'll be DD it 95% or more of the time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine just came in today. Order placed was 03/31. Informed it would arrive at dealer 06-07 thru 06-14 so window was pretty accurate. SP NB pitch black, same as yours.

obligatory pics attached
View attachment 1024177 View attachment 1024178
Ohhhhh buddy! Givin me hope!
Yea I ordered on 4/12 does that mean I could get mine in 2 weeks? Don't think so. I had a D1 status and estimated ship of 6/4. Then I was sent back to status C and don't even have a build date. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ohhhhh buddy! Givin me hope!
Yea I ordered on 4/12 does that mean I could get mine in 2 weeks? Don't think so. I had a D1 status and estimated ship of 6/4. Then I was sent back to status C and don't even have a build date. Very frustrating.
I would just go with 10-12 week estimate honestly. It has been accurate mostly. What part of the US are you in? Looking back though hang in there and it's worth it. You will still be waiting anyways after receiving it to hit the break in period :).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just found my build sheet, which was released today. Ordered loaded SP NB on 4/15/21 so just under eight weeks for the build. No window sticker yet. Someone wipe this smile off my face.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are you reaching out to the dealer or is that info being relayed through the buildsheet?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would just go with 10-12 week estimate honestly. It has been accurate mostly. What part of the US are you in? Looking back though hang in there and it's worth it. You will still be waiting anyways after receiving it to hit the break in period :).
Massachusetts. Ordered an SP NB. I had D1 with a estimated ship date of 6/4. On 6/4 I went back to C now waiting to get back to D1 again.

Are you reaching out to the dealer or is that info being relayed through the buildsheet?
I get an updated POC every week from the dealer. No build sheet since I have never been past D1 status. Going back to C status is hard to take because now I have no idea when it may even be built.

Yes you are right it is worth the wait. 12 weeks would put me in the second week of July, still alot of summer left.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I get an updated POC every week from the dealer. No build sheet since I have never been past D1 status. Going back to C status is hard to take because now I have no idea when it may even be built.
I wonder why yours hasn’t moved past d1 if I ordered mine 5/24. Maybe due to yours being loaded. Mine is a WB The options I didn’t choose was “Harman speakers” “sun roof” “suede carbon interior” and “technology group” my buildsheet showed today definitely understand your frustration

·
Registered
2021 Challenger SXT, Octane Red Metallic, Ruby Red/Black Int.
196 Posts
Just got a moment to post this after I got to work. Literally only got a 15min drive. Love it tho.
Ordered 4/1/21 Delivered/Received 6/10/21.
Congrats! Looks great!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wonder why yours hasn’t moved past d1 if I ordered mine 5/24. Maybe due to yours being loaded. Mine is a WB The options I didn’t choose was “Harman speakers” “sun roof” “suede carbon interior” and “technology group” my buildsheet showed today definitely understand your frustration
Yes mine is loaded, 8 spd Auto, Shaker, Harmon Kardon, sunroof, Dynamics, Carbon Suede, Tech group, Adaptive Damping, driver convenience, NAV, Plus package, Shaker graphics

View attachment 1024296
Just got a moment to post this after I got to work. Literally only got a 15min drive. Love it tho.
Ordered 4/1/21 Delivered/Received 6/10/21.
Looks nice. Enjoy it. Definitely worth the wait.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Was definitely worth the wait. Thanks guys.
My short 1 day with the car has been great. Driving it incredibly slow in the right lane. Not getting good looks. The Alpine speakers are my only concern when listening to music that isnt dependent on bass. Not as crisp on the Aerosmith’s or Iron Maiden. Otherwise, can’t wait to do some hard pulls soon.

2341 - 2360 of 2426 Posts