Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

2361 - 2380 of 2426 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Picked the car up today and damn man, I’ve never been more in love! I just love the smooth and badass sound of 6.4 V8. Haven’t pushed the car hard yet cuz I’m still in breakin period. Can’t wait!

Haven’t really taken any pictures of the car yet, didn’t get the time to.Got some few random ones.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wonder why yours hasn’t moved past d1 if I ordered mine 5/24. Maybe due to yours being loaded. Mine is a WB The options I didn’t choose was “Harman speakers” “sun roof” “suede carbon interior” and “technology group” my buildsheet showed today definitely understand your frustration
Yea I ordered on 4/12 does that mean I could get mine in 2 weeks? Don't think so. I had a D1 status and estimated ship of 6/4. Then I was sent back to status C and don't even have a build date. Very frustrating.
Got an updated POC this morning back to D status. The dealer passes this on "We are back to D status. Your car is awaiting a chip due to there not being many. We assume it will move into another status this month but it is really hard to tell with how everything is being handled right now with these chips. I am keeping my fingers crossed.".

·
Registered
18 Posts
WOW! I reached out to dodge customer care today and they said the car has left the factory and is now on the way to my dealer estimated arrival 6/7/2021-6/21/2021. ordered WbSp 5/24. Buildsheet was first showing two days ago. but not the window sticker the window sticker is now showing today. What steps are to come?

·
Registered
22 Posts
WOW! I reached out to dodge customer care today and they said the car has left the factory and is now on the way to my dealer estimated arrival 6/7/2021-6/21/2021. ordered WbSp 5/24. Buildsheet was first showing two days ago. but not the window sticker the window sticker is now showing today. What steps are to come?
Now it’ll get off the railcar in your state and then will be transported via a semi truck to your dealership where you’ll just pick it up. That’s it!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Are you kidding, so it will only be about 3 weeks to get it from the time you ordered? What trim and options did you go with?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Freaking awesome! We ordered ours and they said 4-6 weeks and 6 weeks is tomorrow. They say now that it should be by end of June. Gives us a lot of hope.

We are getting married August 14th, want this for our honeymoon car. Go Mango shaker 6-spd 5.7

·
Registered
22 Posts
Freaking awesome! We ordered ours and they said 4-6 weeks and 6 weeks is tomorrow. They say now that it should be by end of June. Gives us a lot of hope.

We are getting married August 14th, want this for our honeymoon car. Go Mango shaker 6-spd 5.7
What status does it show on the Priced Order Confirmation? (POC has every minute’s update of your car, so call your dealer and have him email it to you) then we can tell how long it’s gonna take.

Congrats for the marriage in advance!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are you kidding, so it will only be about 3 weeks to get it from the time you ordered? What trim and options did you go with?
Just as surprised as you are if you check my most recent posts I have updates along the way. Could be because I’m in metro Detroit. Challanger wbsp triple nickel auto loaded aside from the Harman speakers sun roof and technology group. Curious to see how long they take to ship the car here and then to the dealer.

Congrats! Hopefully things to to plan. Chatting the customer care is a good way to have a quick update whenever you can’t reach the dealer

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, after 12 weeks of optimistic-chaos, we got ours home today. Ordered 3/23 and received at dealer 6/8. Shaker, M6, Dynamics and Plus packages and drivers convenience group. This includes the 3 week shutdown. I think that is great considering the current state of the automotive industry. The car has 100 miles after the ride home and we absolutely love it.

I want to give a big thumbs up to one of the site sponsors, @stevewhite. From the very first phone call to his dealership through taking delivery today, they have been fantastic to work with. No smoke and mirrors just good old fashioned business practices. Every thing they said they could do was accomplished with a friendly smile to boot. I was even honored to have the well known resident "Luke" install the hood pin lanyards on our car before we left. Anyone in the market owes it to themselves to give Steve a call. We have bought many new cars in our lives and this was the best transaction we have ever had, period.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What status does it show on the Priced Order Confirmation? (POC has every minute’s update of your car, so call your dealer and have him email it to you) then we can tell how long it’s gonna take.

Congrats for the marriage in advance!
Thanks! And I will ask about the POC. That will be Monday, unfortunately we are attending my mother's funeral tomorrow. 2021 is a great/sad year so far. The POC is something that I can then check independently instead of asking the salesman?

Well, after 12 weeks of optimistic-chaos, we got ours home today. Ordered 3/23 and received at dealer 6/8. Shaker, M6, Dynamics and Plus packages and drivers convenience group. This includes the 3 week shutdown. I think that is great considering the current state of the automotive industry. The car has 100 miles after the ride home and we absolutely love it.

I want to give a big thumbs up to one of the site sponsors, @stevewhite. From the very first phone call to his dealership through taking delivery today, they have been fantastic to work with. No smoke and mirrors just good old fashioned business practices. Every thing they said they could do was accomplished with a friendly smile to boot. I was even honored to have the infamous "Luke" install the hood pin lanyards on our car before we left. Anyone in the market owes it to themselves to give Steve a call. We have bought many new cars in our lives and this was the best transaction we have ever had, period.

View attachment 1024340
View attachment 1024341

View attachment 1024343
View attachment 1024344
Love that color with those wheels!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Just as surprised as you are if you check my most recent posts I have updates along the way. Could be because I’m in metro Detroit. Challanger wbsp triple nickel auto loaded aside from the Harman speakers sun roof and technology group. Curious to see how long they take to ship the car here and then to the dealer.
Nice. Did you get the Alpine or the base stereo? I'm about to message the scat pack guy to see about placing an order. I'm still trying to decide between a nearly loaded 1320 and WB shaker with all the options except sunroof and tech group. I have a feeling the latter will be a bit too pricey. I'm only about 2 hours from Detroit so maybe I can get it pretty quick too.

·
Registered
27 Posts

I want to give a big thumbs up to one of the site sponsors, @stevewhite. From the very first phone call to his dealership through taking delivery today, they have been fantastic to work with. No smoke and mirrors just good old fashioned business practices. Every thing they said they could do was accomplished with a friendly smile to boot. I was even honored to have the infamous "Luke" install the hood pin lanyards on our car before we left. Anyone in the market owes it to themselves to give Steve a call. We have bought many new cars in our lives and this was the best transaction we have ever had, period.

View attachment 1024340
View attachment 1024341

View attachment 1024343
View attachment 1024344
Looks just like the one I ordered, what a beauty. I ordered the 8 speed with the Tech group. Got a feeling the Tech group requires additional chips and that may be why it is taking longer. Was informed today by the dealer my car has been put on hold until they get the necessary chips.

Thanks! And I will ask about the POC. That will be Monday, unfortunately we are attending my mother's funeral tomorrow. 2021 is a great/sad year so far. The POC is something that I can then check independently instead of asking the salesman?
Only the dealer can get you the POC. Ask them to get one every week, that is what my dealer has been doing.

One you get a window sticker the dealer is invoiced and Dodge is done with the car, just gotta wait on shipping. Congrats.

·
Registered
18 Posts
One you get a window sticker the dealer is invoiced and Dodge is done with the car, just gotta wait on shipping. Congrats.
Thank you and in regards to your post above it would make sense the technology group would require additional chips since it has the forward collision warning.

Nice. Did you get the Alpine or the base stereo? I'm about to message the scat pack guy to see about placing an order. I'm still trying to decide between a nearly loaded 1320 and WB shaker with all the options except sunroof and tech group. I have a feeling the latter will be a bit too pricey. I'm only about 2 hours from Detroit so maybe I can get it pretty quick too.
I went with the alpine plus w/ subwoofer I have a challanger gt now with that system and that system is more then enough for me .
Are both options already built? If you’re just shipping them from a different dealer I’m assuming it’ll be quite quick.

·
Registered
459 Posts
No, those are the two builds I'm trying to choose between. I did find a left over 50th that I like, but it's in Californis and they don't seem to want to deal with me and the shipping. I also found a reg shaker that has about everything I wanted if I were to get that trim except it has the Alpine instead of the HK and doesn't have the carbon package.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,377 ·

Congrats

A Guy

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have been working with my dealer on a new Widebody Challenger, once we agreed on all of the features i was provided with the "Price Quote". I am eligible for FFP pricing, and when asked what additional the dealership could provide, the response was, based upon current market and availabilities of components, we are not providing any additional discounting. They then added many dealers are selling over MSRP. Are we seeing that as a normal course of business at this time? i have used this dealership for years, and have been very fair to me, but this one surprised me. Looking for feedback! Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have been working with my dealer on a new Widebody Challenger, once we agreed on all of the features i was provided with the "Price Quote". I am eligible for FFP pricing, and when asked what additional the dealership could provide, the response was, based upon current market and availabilities of components, we are not providing any additional discounting. They then added many dealers are selling over MSRP. Are we seeing that as a normal course of business at this time? i have used this dealership for years, and have been very fair to me, but this one surprised me. Looking for feedback! Thanks!
its the way of the world in some places i made it clear not paying over msrp

·
Registered
71 Posts
What more would you want?

2361 - 2380 of 2426 Posts