Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
2421 - 2440 of 3130 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
My first impressions...

-It's wider then expected, but tastefully wide. Almost deceivingly so compared to interior.
-The exhaust note is perfect
-Thought I'd love the manual, not sure now, guessing it will grow on me. Had plenty of them in the past.
-The shaker sticks up more then I thought it would, and definitely not doing a mod to raise it, love it as is.
-This is going to be a tortures 500 miles to keep my foot out of it!!! The more pedal that you give it, the engine keeps begging for more.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well, I got that feeling it was time to check in on things this morning. Called dodge and asked them if they knew where on the train it was. There was this pause and he responded, "sir, we delivered it to the dealership yesterday morning".

Darn near hung up on the guy and called the dealership. My sales manager was out yesterday. But the car would be ready this evening! Luckily I caught them in time and told them to not drill the front plate, save all paper documentation, and to not fold the window sticker.

Manual Widebody scat pack
Shaker package
Frostbite
Drivers convenient group
Carbon fiber Suede interior
Plus package
Sunroof
Hood pins

April 27 Ordered
May 8 Vin/Von with ship estimate of June 2nd
May 25th Was in paint
June 1st Built, finished w/ upfitter and released
June 2nd At Windsor Motipark (train depot)
June 7th Still at Motipark but now on a train
June 14th arrived at dealership in Mid Minnesota.

So 6weeks and 6days

Turns out being I just retired, Dodge wouldn't honor the First Responder rebate as one of the requirements is that you supply a current pay stub for proof of employment. Sales manager even called to verify. Dealer agreed to knock off another $250 of their cost because of Dodge not honoring that. So they came down $1250 in total from invoice plus $2000 of rebates.

I questioned him about automatically getting the better rebate, at time of order or at delivery, and he said if your dealer is smart they'll lock in the rebate, then you would get whichever is better. But not all do it he said. Also that some rebates can't be locked in.

The kids jumped in right away when we arrived home to check it out, but here are the poor photos.
View attachment 1024683 View attachment 1024684 View attachment 1024685 View attachment 1024686 View attachment 1024687
My window sticker was folded & on the dash (not stuck to the window) when it came in.

What if you're a volunteer FF or EMT? They don't honor the 1st responder even if you have an ID?

Stellantis is scamming people with the rebates.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
25,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,425 ·
Did it say recent pay stub?

A Guy

·
Registered
10 Posts
My first impressions...

-It's wider then expected, but tastefully wide. Almost deceivingly so compared to interior.
-Thought I'd love the manual, not sure now, guessing it will grow on me. Had plenty of them in the past.
-The shaker sticks up more then I thought it would, and definitely not doing a mod to raise it, love it as is.
-This is going to be a tortures 500 miles to keep my foot out of it!!! The more pedal that you give it, the engine keeps begging for more.
My Sinamon Stick GT AWD was ordered on 4/23 and received and picked up at the dealer on 6/7. I'm in west Michigan so very close to the factory. Told the dealer to just lightly wash the outside (to make it easier to inspect the paint at delivery) and not to use any waxes or dressings or tire shine, etc. of any kind inside or out. When the weather was finally nice I strip washed it and used Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Pro To the Max Wax and Chemical Guys VRP on everything I could. Absolutely love the results. Window tinting today. View attachment 1024602
How long did it take to arrive from the shipping date? (Not the order date)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Need help guys, I am in ontario and i placed a new car order this january 2021 with a dealer in BC, the car arrived this month and even though there were no rebates, I decided to make the purchase and asked the dealer to send me the price for ahipping. The dealer told me today that he was not comfortable selling the vehicle and he will have my deposit back in next two days.
Screenshot_20210617-224218.png

I am sorry to say, I think we will reserve the right not to sell the vehicle. Something isn’t feeling right here and I have a lack of control with you being multiple provinces away. No ability to verify your identity. I have spoke to the bank as well and we are going to have some issues as well with a remote bank contract and its validity. I am also unsure of why you would be willing to pay more for the vehicle when you could buy it locally, sooner, and for less. I am uncomfortable with the approach and intensity in which you have been emailing and calling to reinforce my earlier points.

I sincerely apologize that we have spent so much time together to not have this complete. I have to take the steps I think most appropriate.

This is what he wrote to me. I know i made a mistake ordering a car from out of province dealer, in my defense I was constantly emailing because he stopped answering my emails and was I even asked him if he did not wished to sell the car, he could let me know so that i can buy from someone else and two days later he just sent me this stupid message.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Hellraisin M6
245 Posts
Check the terms of your purchase agreement. Mine said that the dealer is obligated to deliver the vehicle within 30 days. If unable, deposit is returned and the purchase voided.

In my case the dealer honoured the purchase even after a 7 month delay, however legally they could've easily just returned my deposit and be done with it. This may be the case with you and the dealer simply wants to mark up the car.

Scummy, but not illegal (if the terms are similar to what I had).

·
Registered
190 Posts
Check the terms of your purchase agreement. Mine said that the dealer is obligated to deliver the vehicle within 30 days. If unable, deposit is returned and the purchase voided.

In my case the dealer honoured the purchase even after a 7 month delay, however legally they could've easily just returned my deposit and be done with it. This may be the case with you and the dealer simply wants to mark up the car.

Scummy, but not illegal (if the terms are similar to what I had).
Ya but atleast he ahould have been honest about it, he just wasted my 5 months and now acting lile something is wrong from my side.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ya but atleast he ahould have been honest about it, he just wasted my 5 months and now acting lile something is wrong from my side.
Sounds like he has another buyer & he doesn't want to ship it.
Screw him, sounds like someone you don't want to do business with anyway.
He probably did you a favor, rebates will be back eventually & the 2021 model year is winding down, maybe the 2022 model will have better deals.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sounds like he has another buyer & he doesn't want to ship it.
Screw him, sounds like someone you don't want to do business with anyway.
He probably did you a favor, rebates will be back eventually & the 2021 model year is winding down, maybe the 2022 model will have better deals.
Now i am debating between getting a cheap car for sometime and place a order for a new car may be?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Or just buy one off the lot when it's available.
It looks like you're just ordering a base model GT - aren't those usually available in Canada?
They are but i just wanted a particular color and now that color is usually out of province and the one available are marked up lile more than 5-7k

·
Registered
208 Posts
They are but i just wanted a particular color and now that color is usually out of province and the one available are marked up lile more than 5-7k
You could do a factory order locally or go talk to the dealer & ask him to find one for you.

Those dealer markups can't last forever - at some point they're going to have to go back to the old way of discounting cars below MSRP.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You could do a factory order locally or go talk to the dealer & ask him to find one for you.

Those dealer markups can't last forever - at some point they're going to have to go back to the old way of discounting cars below MSRP.
Oh yes, by monday i plan on giving a factory order again. Lets see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
25,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,436 ·
I am sorry to say, I think we will reserve the right not to sell the vehicle. Something isn’t feeling right here and I have a lack of control with you being multiple provinces away. No ability to verify your identity. I have spoke to the bank as well and we are going to have some issues as well with a remote bank contract and its validity. I am also unsure of why you would be willing to pay more for the vehicle when you could buy it locally, sooner, and for less. I am uncomfortable with the approach and intensity in which you have been emailing and calling to reinforce my earlier points.

I sincerely apologize that we have spent so much time together to not have this complete. I have to take the steps I think most appropriate.
I don't speak Canadian ;), but I think I can translate

I am sorry to say, I think we will reserve the right not to sell the vehicle. With the current dearth of performance models in Canada, we feel we can sell this car for much more than you would be paying.

I sincerely apologize that we have spent so much time together to not have this complete. I have to take the steps I think will make us the most money

A Guy

·
Registered
23 Posts
My first impressions...

Only first 200 miles feel the most tortures, then from 300 to 500 miles, you’re supposed to exercise the whole RPM but not exceed 85 mp/h.

I’ve got the Frostbite Charger SP, just one thing bothers me a little is that this vehicle doesn’t feel as fast as it is in reality. I dunno if it’s because of the suspension or the seating. I had a 2019 Honda Accord 2.0T sport and it actually would push you back to the seat, this car kind of doesn’t do the same but it is actually quicker than the accord, you realise this when you look at the speedometer.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I was about to finally order one, but he wouldn't give me a price on my car for when the new one would come in and wanted it now. I can't do that since its my only car and renting for a couple months would be expensive and don't really want to take the risk of the trade in values tanking. So I guess its either putting getting a scat on hold again or going with one of the other dealers that want a higher deposit and are further away.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger SXT, Octane Red Metallic, Ruby Red/Black Int.
263 Posts
Oh yes, by monday i plan on giving a factory order again. Lets see what happens.
Where are you in Ontario? I dealt with Exeter Chrysler and had no issues with my order this year.

Reactions: Sidkaul
2421 - 2440 of 3130 Posts