Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
2461 - 2480 of 3258 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,435 Posts
Thanks for that update. My dealer is telling me nothing has changed on my order from the day I ordered it. But I'm thinking your going to be right and it will be at least 3 or 4 months from the day I ordered it. By the way what does POC stand for and thanks again.
This I think:
"Priced Order Confirmation"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered a 2021 Tored Scat Pack on 4/14/21. The only options included are Auto, Sunroof, Shaker. I’ve talked with my dealer in Texas twice since then, they seem to have limited information about when the expected build date will be. Does anyone know how long the expected build delays will be? Also, Has anyone ordered in this time frame and got confirmation that your car is built/shipped?

Update: Dodge emailed the VIN and gave a scheduled production date of July 5th.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T shaker
26 Posts
Can anyone tell me if they have taken dilevery of a new Dodge Challeneger lately and how long it took them to get it. I have a new Challeneger R/T Shaker on order and and wondering how long it will take me to get it.I placed my order on April30/21. Anything anyone can tell me would be great. thanks
I just receive last week my challenger R/T Shaker . I have place my order on February 22.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I ordered an AWD sxt May 1. I am reading that I may be able to ask the dealer for the vin and an update on the status? I haven’t had the best experience…I wanted a color they didn’t have and they spent 2 hours trying to convince me on a different color then said I could order. I later found out I could have done additional customization (was told you had to get the sunroof with leather seats but found out your could get leather without a sunroof…) deposit is already down and I’m already 6 weeks and excited to get my car all other things aside. Any tips on getting an update?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered a SP Shaker on 4/14 no estimated build date again as shipping was expected 6/5. Status changed on ship date and we are back to square one. Thanks for the updates, 4 months seems excessive for sold vehicles. We may end up in 22 with further delays in supply chains. Hopefully, we all get some clarity soon.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you folks think the car game is nuts try finding a white refrigerator...Ours wasn't getting cool early this week and being 16 yrs old I started looking online for a new one. Everywhere I called said 12 to 16 weeks minimum. Seems that stainless is more popular so they are using the available parts to manufacture those. Thankfully we found a repair guy that could fix it.

Our car is a Shaker and took 12 weeks from order to delivery. Waiting stinks, but man it's worth it....Hang in there!!

·
Registered
2021 Challenger SXT, Octane Red Metallic, Ruby Red/Black Int.
273 Posts
I ordered my SXT+ Jan.26 and it arrived 6 weeks later.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Hellraisin M6
258 Posts
Can anyone tell me if they have taken dilevery of a new Dodge Challeneger lately and how long it took them to get it. I have a new Challeneger R/T Shaker on order and and wondering how long it will take me to get it.I placed my order on April30/21. Anything anyone can tell me would be great. thanks
There doesn't seem to be a pattern in terms of delivery times. Some folks seem to be waiting longer than others for no discernible reason. One constant though is that Canada seems to be waiting a whole lot longer than US, on average. I personally waited 7 months for my RT, but i also ordered it during the '20 - '21 production switch. There also seems to be a general shortage of performance trims (scat pack and above) in Canada, so majority of cars being produced are SXT, GT and RT.

Either way, at a minimum you're looking at around 10 weeks of wait time, however realistically we're getting our cars in Canada around 3+ months of waiting.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger SPWB M6
2 Posts
Thanks that would have something to do with it too. So far I have heard back from only the USA guys and girls who have made on order are there any Canadians that could put there thoughts here and let me know how you have made out. Just wondering if the USA have been having better luck at getting their cars then we have here in Canada. Thanks
My order is also still in BX status (as of June 15th). SPWB order was placed on January 30th. And yeah I’ve been told that Americans will get priority over Canadians 😌

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dodge just emailed the VIN and scheduled production date of the SP as the week of July 5th or July 12th. Order placed on 4/14

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
This thread has revealed that order process time is in reality (except for Canadian customers that appear to be doomed no matter what) a full blown Crap-shoot.
I ordered my 50th anniversary wide body on December 12th 2019, the day the order Bank opened, and I got it on April 2nd 2020.

Reactions: mb99 and Loopy

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for your info. Yes I have talked to my dealer and he has not seen any change yet to the stats of my order. I have been told that they factory does have 145 days of orders and that they are busier then ever. They have been working 5 days a week at this point and trying to work Sat. as well. Just hope i hear something soon!!!
Canadians dont get cars generally ..if its a scat. It prolly wont happen till next year

Canadians dont get cars generally ..if its a scat. It prolly wont happen till next year
I have a scat ordered dec 18. And a full.load rt ordered march no vin. Not coming this year good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My order is also still in BX status (as of June 15th). SPWB order was placed on January 30th. And yeah I’ve been told that Americans will get priority over Canadians 😌
I'm so sorry to hear that. I was just wondering where you live and if the dealer you used is a small dealership too. I can't believe it is taking this long for Canadians to get any kind of service from FCA. Stay strong and i will tell you the wait will be worth it. Please drop me another line and please keep in touch and let me know how this all works out in the end for you. Thanks. By the way I'm in Niagara Falls Ontario

There doesn't seem to be a pattern in terms of delivery times. Some folks seem to be waiting longer than others for no discernible reason. One constant though is that Canada seems to be waiting a whole lot longer than US, on average. I personally waited 7 months for my RT, but i also ordered it during the '20 - '21 production switch. There also seems to be a general shortage of performance trims (scat pack and above) in Canada, so majority of cars being produced are SXT, GT and RT.

Either way, at a minimum you're looking at around 10 weeks of wait time, however realistically we're getting our cars in Canada around 3+ months of waiting.
Thanks for the update man. At this point I'm just hoping to have in before the end of summer so I can drive it a bit before I have to put it to sleep for the winter. I already miss my 2016 R/T but know the new one will be that much nicer once it gets here. Thanks again

I have a scat ordered dec 18. And a full.load rt ordered march no vin. Not coming this year good luck.
It's not a scat so i was hoping it doesn't take that long. Just an R/T Shaker black with red and black interior. I can barely wait. Thanks for the update

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that. I was just wondering where you live and if the dealer you used is a small dealership too. I can't believe it is taking this long for Canadians to get any kind of service from FCA. Stay strong and i will tell you the wait will be worth it. Please drop me another line and please keep in touch and let me know how this all works out in the end for you. Thanks. By the way I'm in Niagara Falls Ontario
Dealership isnt small fairly large auto group .. As i was told by quite a few dealers dodge has said the cars are.for the us market not for canada. Im on vancouver island

·
Registered
11 Posts
There made in Canada and I use to work at the plant. Like I said in a earlier post they have more orders now for the car then they have ever had in the past. More people with money and they can't get out and spent it fast enough. Plus not being able to get parts is not helping either. Just hoping things will work out in the end soon and we all get the new cars that we want.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I ordered a Hellraisin Challenger 1320 options I ordered: Passenger seat, Drivers convenience group,hood pins, and 1320 pkg on 4/9/2021 , vin 4/12/2021, 5/25/21 f status , 5/31/2021 completed build awaiting final inspection 6/15/2021 JB status shipped to body vendor (upfitter) my original ship date was 6/7/2021 total bs . It is even more aggravating when i see cars ordered in may get delivered before mine. As of today it is still at the upfitter. So hopefully it will ship soon and I thought I had it bad seeing you guys that ordered 4/12 and won’t see your cars till July or aug that is terrible.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger SPWB M6
2 Posts
I'm in the York region, the dealership is a fairly large one I think. Yeah I'm definitely fine with waiting, even for a 2022 model, just as long as I'm not waiting for nothing lol

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Ours is in F status my dealer informed us today. Getting painted woot!

Reactions: Kmopar

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm in the York region, the dealership is a fairly large one I think. Yeah I'm definitely fine with waiting, even for a 2022 model, just as long as I'm not waiting for nothing lol
I am in MA outside of Boston. Ordered 4/12 and had a ship date of 6/4. Went back to no build date and now back to D1 with an est ship date of 8/5. I ordered from a small dealer, best price and trade offer. Many variables here, dealer allocaion, parts. No rhyme or reason as to why some get built so quickly and some take so long.

So I ordered a Hellraisin Challenger 1320 options I ordered: Passenger seat, Drivers convenience group,hood pins, and 1320 pkg on 4/9/2021 , vin 4/12/2021, 5/25/20 f status , 5/31/2021 completed build awaiting final inspection 6/15/2021 JB status shipped to body vendor (upfitter) my original ship date was 6/7/2021 total bs . It is even more aggravating when i see cars ordered in may get delivered before mine. As of today it is still at the upfitter. So hopefully it will ship soon and I thought I had it bad seeing you guys that ordered 4/12 and won’t see your cars till July or aug that is terrible.
Yea I'd like to get it while there is some summer left.

Reactions: mb99
2461 - 2480 of 3258 Posts