Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
3001 - 3020 of 3105 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Once you get to D1 you should get an estimated ship date. I agree with SKT PK 9 man late September early October. Seems that orders with sunroofs are taking much longer due to parts issue. My SP NB was ordered on 4/12 and still waiting. Have an estimated ship of 8/13. BTW I ordered a sunroof.
I agree. But why don't they assemble and ship vehicles on order and when the plant reopens,they would be that much further ahead.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Done waiting. Picking up my antimatter blue mustang gt premium today. Dodge says they care. Ford proves they do and builds cars for canada.
Good. Im very glad to hear you found a car youre going to enjoy this summer! Enjoy it for me lol sad to say was even thinking of getting a mustang myself but I'll try and hang in a bit longer though😀

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got an update from my dealership today. Car has arrived at Memphis and now just waiting to be loaded onto a Semi truck for delivery to here. Sucks knowing your car is less than a 4 hours drive away and there is nothing you can do about it but wait.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My car moved to D1 status last week but still no estimated build date. I’m assuming it’s been delayed by the factory shut down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got an update from my dealership today. Car has arrived at Memphis and now just waiting to be loaded onto a Semi truck for delivery to here. Sucks knowing your car is less than a 4 hours drive away and there is nothing you can do about it but wait.
Same here. The rail yard is 30 minutes from me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is Memphis the first point of entry for the Midwest? I am outside of Chicago and wondered if it would be tracked directly here or if it goes somewhere else first? Also, I believe that this three week shut down will actually accelerate things. Although they are shut down, parts are coming in. This way they can triage manufacturing to be more efficient. I am still hoping on getting my car, which I had canceled because I changed the order and then re-ordered on July 12, by the end of September.

·
Registered
2006 Mazda3 5 sp sedan
21 Posts
For anyone that swapped from Challenger to Mustang, or going to, please let us know how the transmission compares to the Challenger if you get a manual. I do hear that the Mustang automatics are quite good but many people report problems with the MT82 manual transmission that all models under a Mach I have.
" As per the complaints filed, Ford Mustangs and Mustang GT's are equipped with a faulty MT82 manual transmission that causes the vehicle to engage harshly, slip, jerk, cause premature wear and tear, and eventually result in failed transmission. Owners have experienced difficulty when attempting to shift gears. "

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
I agree. But why don't they assemble and ship vehicles on order and when the plant reopens,they would be that much further ahead.
Dealers have cars on order too (for stock) and they don't want to wait either and they always get their cars. Even though they say sold orders take priority it's not at the expense of dealer stock, both orders will be filled.

Is Memphis the first point of entry for the Midwest? I am outside of Chicago and wondered if it would be tracked directly here or if it goes somewhere else first? Also, I believe that this three week shut down will actually accelerate things. Although they are shut down, parts are coming in. This way they can triage manufacturing to be more efficient. I am still hoping on getting my car, which I had canceled because I changed the order and then re-ordered on July 12, by the end of September.
My cars heading to Louisiana went by truck to Sterling Heights, MI and then by train close to Chicago then down through St Louis. So yours might do the same. Your dealer should know this or be able to look at a shipping order and see the routing. The order is in every car, unfortunately most get thrown away and I guess without even looking at it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dealers have cars on order too (for stock) and they don't want to wait either and they always get their cars. Even though they say sold orders take priority it's not at the expense of dealer stock, both orders will be filled.

My cars heading to Louisiana went by truck to Sterling Heights, MI and then by train close to Chicago then down through St Louis. So yours might do the same. Your dealer should know this or be able to look at a shipping order and see the routing. The order is in every car, unfortunately most get thrown away and I guess without even looking at it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, my dealer is very useless.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Even my dealer said i have talk with my manager about the progress that they will give priority to your order. Lets see what happens if they priority to my order or not!!
Yes the sold orders are priority and my understanding is that Brampton factory is not making any orders for dealer stock or inventory. They are only making sold orders as to not waste chips and materials.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes the sold orders are priority and my understanding is that Brampton factory is not making any orders for dealer stock or inventory. They are only making sold orders as to not waste chips and materials.
My dealer just got a delivery - they have 9 new on the lot & 2 more listed as "in transit."

3001 - 3020 of 3105 Posts