Dodge Challenger Forum banner
4101 - 4120 of 4399 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sweet Ride! Curious about how come yours is just the bee on the side? My SPWB has the bee and 392 under it and its a 2021 as well, did dodge change something? Seems like even in the online configurator the normal SP and the widebody all have 392 under it, perhaps it has to do with the shaker?
Thank you!!! Hmmm not sure, I think you’re right, my guess is also probably because of the shaker :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Same here.
I put in my order early April 2021 and still in BX status as of today.
We Canadian are just "Tired of these BX......" from Chrysler
May be they will start to pay attention (hopefully) to Canadian Orders in the Winter months when the US orders slows down but the Challenger season will be over.
We just pay them like everyone else....:oops:
Look at my order date. 😂 and you think u have been waiting?😂 original order was July 30,2020.
Font Parallel Paper Document Paper product

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just an update: I ordered on July 12 a fully loaded hellcat redeye Challenger. Pretty much all the options except for no sunroof. On September 11 it went to G status, so it is in trim. The original expected ship date was September 8 and then it went to September 7 and then it went to September 11 at 2 AM so clearly that did not happen. Just keeping you posted.

·
Registered
21 HC WB, Octane red, A8; 20 SP, Octane red, A8 (gone); 16 SP, Granite Pearl (gone)
174 Posts
The weekend went by fast, hopefully my work day goes by fast too. Picking up my car after work today 😎
Argh 😖 I’m still waiting on transport service. But it’s okay, going with a known reputable service with a good track record. Maybe by the end of this week.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just an update: I ordered on July 12 a fully loaded hellcat redeye Challenger. Pretty much all the options except for no sunroof. On September 11 it went to G status, so it is in trim. The original expected ship date was September 8 and then it went to September 7 and then it went to September 11 at 2 AM so clearly that did not happen. Just keeping you posted.
So someone explain to me how this works. I am new to this and this is probably the first and last time I’ll ever do this. So like 21Superstock I ordered my car, now nothing like his but a fully loaded wide body scat pack. (No sunroof) on August 23. On August 25, I had a VON and VIN. On August 27 it was in paint, and on August 31, it was in shipping. Then the plant was closed for a week. On Sept 10, I was given and expected delivery date between Sept 21 - Sept 29. From watching videos on YouTube of a challenger being built, that’makes sense as a car moves along on the assembly line from the start to the finish. So from reading 21Superstock and others, how does it happen that a car is in trim for a week, or D1 for 3 weeks? Is it pulled off of the assembly line? Really confused on the codes and how these work. Truthfully I was never given a code. Not once. I hit the text button, they ask me for my VON and VIN and then while they are checking on my status, they ask me to provide my name, address, phone and email. I get it, it’s unusual that they started building my car immediately upon getting the order, maybe it just happened to be already tooled for my configuration? I literally have no idea. But I would at least think once a car was started it would go through the assembly line and come out the other end (in whatever time it takes to assemble one) as a normal process, but it seems like so many people say their cars are “stuck” at different areas. Someone educate me. If they are accurate then at the outside, including the one week downtime, my car from order or delivery will be 5 weeks.
Thanks

Reactions: Loopy

·
Registered
513 Posts
So someone explain to me how this works. I am new to this and this is probably the first and last time I’ll ever do this. So like 21Superstock I ordered my car, now nothing like his but a fully loaded wide body scat pack. (No sunroof) on August 23. On August 25, I had a VON and VIN. On August 27 it was in paint, and on August 31, it was in shipping. Then the plant was closed for a week. On Sept 10, I was given and expected delivery date between Sept 21 - Sept 29. From watching videos on YouTube of a challenger being built, that’makes sense as a car moves along on the assembly line from the start to the finish. So from reading 21Superstock and others, how does it happen that a car is in trim for a week, or D1 for 3 weeks? Is it pulled off of the assembly line? Really confused on the codes and how these work. Truthfully I was never given a code. Not once. I hit the text button, they ask me for my VON and VIN and then while they are checking on my status, they ask me to provide my name, address, phone and email. I get it, it’s unusual that they started building my car immediately upon getting the order, maybe it just happened to be already tooled for my configuration? I literally have no idea. But I would at least think once a car was started it would go through the assembly line and come out the other end (in whatever time it takes to assemble one) as a normal process, but it seems like so many people say their cars are “stuck” at different areas. Someone educate me. If they are accurate then at the outside, including the one week downtime, my car from order or delivery will be 5 weeks.
Thanks
I believe when someone is stuck it’s usually at D1 or earlier, then perhaps again after car is built. At least those are the two areas where my order spent the most time. Still, my order to delivery was 11 weeks including July shutdown. Much faster than I expected.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I ordered mine on August 1st and got a VIN the next day. I still haven't heard anything or tried to check on the status since I know it won't speed it up, but just wondering if I should and how you go about it? I know it was probably mentioned numerous times, but I assume you check in with the dealer to see if he has heard anything?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I ordered mine on August 1st and got a VIN the next day. I still haven't heard anything or tried to check on the status since I know it won't speed it up, but just wondering if I should and how you go about it? I know it was probably mentioned numerous times, but I assume you check in with the dealer to see if he has heard anything?
Just go for the Dofge page. Select contact us, then select chat. When the representative answers, simply ask if they can tell you the status of you order. He will ask for your VON and your VIN. They are happy to let you know.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I believe when someone is stuck it’s usually at D1 or earlier, then perhaps again after car is built. At least those are the two areas where my order spent the most time. Still, my order to delivery was 11 weeks including July shutdown. Much faster than I expected.
The most common especially Canadians are stuck is BX ( order is good waiting for scheduling) not sure how the plant prioritize but theres for sure a huge backlog of Canadian orders

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,115 ·
So beyond all the pissed off Canadian buyers, there are 440 dealers in Canada whose businesses are being effected. Unless Stellantis is compensating them somehow, how is it they aren't revolting (the peasants are revolting)? They are obviously better clued in on what's actually happening, and taking orders (and I assume deposits) all along. If there is not huge run of Canadian orders for 2021, and if they roll to 2022s, imagine all the lost orders, changed orders, time, paperwork, etc. They must be taking it in the shorts somehow

A Guy

Reactions: Loopy and LJSTRUCK

·
Registered
98 Posts
So beyond all the pissed off Canadian buyers, there are 440 dealers in Canada whose businesses are being effected. Unless Stellantis is compensating them somehow, how is it they aren't revolting (the peasants are revolting)? They are obviously better clued in on what's actually happening, and taking orders (and I assume deposits) all along. If there is not huge run of Canadian orders for 2021, and if they roll to 2022s, imagine all the lost orders, changed orders, time, paperwork, etc. They must be taking it in the shorts somehow

A Guy
You said it so far the best!! Dealerships know more than what their definitely saying.

·
Registered
16,229 Posts
I would get my salesman to send a weekly updated POC, this way you will get the status and any estimated dates directly from the Company without him needing to check on anything. Simple for him and the most accurate for you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
A Canadian member reached out to me and told me his build is being rolled over to the 2022 models!!!
His order date December 4 2020 status code BX

4101 - 4120 of 4399 Posts