Dodge Challenger Forum banner
4121 - 4140 of 4398 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
A Canadian member reached out to me and told me his build is being rolled over to the 2022 models!!!
His order date December 4 2020 status code BX
Most of the Canadian Orders will gradually receive notification that their orders will be pushed to 2022 model years. Now the factory has satisfied all the 2021 US order deliveries and they will refocus and reroute their resources to schedule the long postponed Canadian orders. Hopefully all Canadian orders will be build during the Winter months (Non Challenger Season) aiming for 2022 early Spring delivery hence a 2022 models. If the supply of chips shortage has not improved, may be this cycle will repeat next year. All 2022 Canadian orders will be pushed back to 6-9 months and eventually going to 2023 model.
If I can get my car in early Spring, this will mark my ordering anniversary. Hopefully we will not be imposed on prices increase for 2022 models.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Most of the Canadian Orders will gradually receive notification that their orders will be pushed to 2022 model years. Now the factory has satisfied all the 2021 US order deliveries and they will refocus and reroute their resources to schedule the long postponed Canadian orders. Hopefully all Canadian orders will be build during the Winter months (Non Challenger Season) aiming for 2022 early Spring delivery hence a 2022 models. If the supply of chips shortage has not improved, may be this cycle will repeat next year. All 2022 Canadian orders will be pushed back to 6-9 months and eventually going to 2023 model.
If I can get my car in early Spring, this will mark my ordering anniversary. Hopefully we will not be imposed on prices increase for 2022 models.
Is this a known fact ?

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Hellraisin M6
357 Posts
Now the factory has satisfied all the 2021 US order deliveries and they will refocus and reroute their resources to schedule the long postponed Canadian orders. Hopefully all Canadian orders will be build during the Winter months (Non Challenger Season) aiming for 2022 early Spring delivery hence a 2022 models.
That's a pretty optimistic statement. Have you heard this directly from the factory or is it just pure conjecture?

·
Registered
16,229 Posts
I think they'll still be building 21's til first week December, the 22's not supposed to start until December 6th.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is this a known fact ?
No, It's only my theory why Canadian orders are being held at bay. If US production is no problem then the next possibility is "Political". US orders are getting their VIN only days after ordering and build in record time. This only leads to one conclusion that Chrysler must fill and deliver all US orders as soon as they can to catch up their sales forecast. May be there are internal agenda that their sales objectives must be achieved discarding Canadian causalities. Annual Canadian Sales is only single digit percentage.
2020 US Challenger Sales 52,955 units.
2020 Canadian Sales 1,368 units.
Canadian Sales is only 2.58% of the US Sales. If Chrysler executives need to make decision to rectify business situations, its not hard to imagine what they will do. The size of a pumpkin or a green pea ?
Dodge Challenger Canada Sales Figures
Key Stats
How many Challenger did Dodge sell in 2021?
Dodge sold 1,051 Challenger in 2021. (From Jan - Aug 2021)
How many Challenger did Dodge sell in Q2 2021?
Dodge sold 634 Challenger in Q2 2021.
How many Challenger did Dodge sell in 2020?
Dodge sold 1,368 Challenger in 2020. In 2019, Dodge sold 2,341 Challenger. They sold 973 more units in year 2019 compared to 2020 with a percent loss of 41.56% YoY.

·
Registered
114 Posts
So someone explain to me how this works. I am new to this and this is probably the first and last time I’ll ever do this. So like 21Superstock I ordered my car, now nothing like his but a fully loaded wide body scat pack. (No sunroof) on August 23. On August 25, I had a VON and VIN. On August 27 it was in paint, and on August 31, it was in shipping. Then the plant was closed for a week. On Sept 10, I was given and expected delivery date between Sept 21 - Sept 29. From watching videos on YouTube of a challenger being built, that’makes sense as a car moves along on the assembly line from the start to the finish. So from reading 21Superstock and others, how does it happen that a car is in trim for a week, or D1 for 3 weeks? Is it pulled off of the assembly line? Really confused on the codes and how these work. Truthfully I was never given a code. Not once. I hit the text button, they ask me for my VON and VIN and then while they are checking on my status, they ask me to provide my name, address, phone and email. I get it, it’s unusual that they started building my car immediately upon getting the order, maybe it just happened to be already tooled for my configuration? I literally have no idea. But I would at least think once a car was started it would go through the assembly line and come out the other end (in whatever time it takes to assemble one) as a normal process, but it seems like so many people say their cars are “stuck” at different areas. Someone educate me. If they are accurate then at the outside, including the one week downtime, my car from order or delivery will be 5 weeks.
Thanks
So, interesting. I was looking at my build sheet. Near the bottom I found this....Special Scheduling Condition VII. I did some research on this and here is what I found...
It means someone with juice within the organization of scheduling or higher up put this car in the schedule by request.... If I remember correctly, this is a priority build and you move toward the front of the line.
I still don't know who or why but I guess that explains the one week build.

·
Registered
142 Posts
So someone explain to me how this works. I am new to this and this is probably the first and last time I’ll ever do this. So like 21Superstock I ordered my car, now nothing like his but a fully loaded wide body scat pack. (No sunroof) on August 23. On August 25, I had a VON and VIN. On August 27 it was in paint, and on August 31, it was in shipping. Then the plant was closed for a week. On Sept 10, I was given and expected delivery date between Sept 21 - Sept 29. From watching videos on YouTube of a challenger being built, that’makes sense as a car moves along on the assembly line from the start to the finish. So from reading 21Superstock and others, how does it happen that a car is in trim for a week, or D1 for 3 weeks? Is it pulled off of the assembly line? Really confused on the codes and how these work. Truthfully I was never given a code. Not once. I hit the text button, they ask me for my VON and VIN and then while they are checking on my status, they ask me to provide my name, address, phone and email. I get it, it’s unusual that they started building my car immediately upon getting the order, maybe it just happened to be already tooled for my configuration? I literally have no idea. But I would at least think once a car was started it would go through the assembly line and come out the other end (in whatever time it takes to assemble one) as a normal process, but it seems like so many people say their cars are “stuck” at different areas. Someone educate me. If they are accurate then at the outside, including the one week downtime, my car from order or delivery will be 5 weeks.
Thanks
I don’t really know much more than I have listed in my postings so far but I will tell you that I just received the information that my build sheet has been completed but I do not yet have a window sticker. You can search for how to do that, if you have not already done that. One of the important things that nobody is talking about is that the dealership has to pay for your car before it goes on a truck. The problem could be with the dealership and nothing else FYI. I don’t know, it’s just a thought.

Just another update on my car, which was ordered on July 12. On Saturday, September 11, the day it was “estimated” to be shipped, my salesman called me and said that it moved to “G.“ status. That is the trim status which means that it is built and ready for inspection. They are closed on Sundays. Today, Monday, September 13, I was able to pull up my build sheet. I am now waiting for the window sticker to be able to be pulled up by me. I also asked my salesman to tell me when the dealership pays for my car, if he is privy to that information. Until they pay for it, it does not go on a truck.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don’t really know much more than I have listed in my postings so far but I will tell you that I just received the information that my build sheet has been completed but I do not yet have a window sticker. You can search for how to do that, if you have not already done that. One of the important things that nobody is talking about is that the dealership has to pay for your car before it goes on a truck. The problem could be with the dealership and nothing else FYI. I don’t know, it’s just a thought.
Actually, I was really inquiring about the process because my car was ordered on the 8/23, 8/25 I had VIN and VON, build sheet and window sticker on the 30th and in shipping on the 31st. Of course then the plant was closed for a week. Then on 9/10 I received my eat del dates. My curiosity was why so fast when I read others that seem to sit for days in any of numerous codes. Of course all of this was posted before today when I found on my build sheet, Special Scheduling Condition VII, which apparently means that my car was made a priority build and moved to the front of the line. I don’t know why, I was told 8-12 weeks so very unexpected.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack Destroyer Gray
26 Posts
Is there a web site you guys go to for your oder status? My dealer said only he can do it . He said he checks every morning on his orders and will pass it along to me when he gets it. Just wondering if I could check myself, rather than wait for him.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Is there a web site you guys go to for your oder status? My dealer said only he can do it . He said he checks every morning on his orders and will pass it along the me when he gets it. Just wondering if I could check myself, rather than wait for him.
No. Just the salesperson.

Actually, I was really inquiring about the process because my car was ordered on the 8/23, 8/25 I had VIN and VON, build sheet and window sticker on the 30th and in shipping on the 31st. Of course then the plant was closed for a week. Then on 9/10 I received my eat del dates. My curiosity was why so fast when I read others that seem to sit for days in any of numerous codes. Of course all of this was posted before today when I found on my build sheet, Special Scheduling Condition VII, which apparently means that my car was made a priority build and moved to the front of the line. I don’t know why, I was told 8-12 weeks so very unexpected.
Mine also has the Special VII thing. I Believe it is just because these are sold orders and not made for stock so, because they are sold orders, they are priority bills. That’s just my educated guess.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mine also has the Special VII thing. I Believe it is just because these are sold orders and not made for stock so, because they are sold orders, they are priority bills. That’s just my educated guess.
Probably right.

·
Registered
259 Posts
No, It's only my theory why Canadian orders are being held at bay. If US production is no problem then the next possibility is "Political". US orders are getting their VIN only days after ordering and build in record time. This only leads to one conclusion that Chrysler must fill and deliver all US orders as soon as they can to catch up their sales forecast. May be there are internal agenda that their sales objectives must be achieved discarding Canadian causalities. Annual Canadian Sales is only single digit percentage.
Canadian Sales is only 2.58% of the US Sales. If Chrysler executives need to make decision to rectify business situations, its not hard to imagine what they will do. The size of a pumpkin or a green pea ?
Key Stats
Dodge sold 1,368 Challenger in 2020. In 2019, Dodge sold 2,341 Challenger. They sold 973 more units in year 2019 compared to 2020 with a percent loss of 41.56% YoY.
🤣🤣 and next years the report will be Canada only amounts to 0.001% because they won’t build them. They could of sold one more in 2020 if they had to build mine. But who am I. And the thing about chip shortages and sunroof parts don’t hold water to me. Where there chip and sunroof parts shortages last July when I ordered. (Didn’t matter I didn’t have a sunroof with my order.) Probably not. Everyone can surmise about what’s going on at Dodge and why they are not building Canadian orders, it would be nice if Dodge or FCA would just come out and say what’s happening just tell me. There will be no build for me this year. That’s all i want. Stop dangling the carrot.

·
Registered
114 Posts
No. Just the salesperson.
My salesperson is not overly cooperative. He basically says he has no access which is why I started doing the chat sessions. They told me when it was in paint, then when it went to trim and finally to shipping. At that point when I’d message he’d say we are now waiting on dates. I didn’t get all the codes but it worked well for me. I was actually telling my salesman the vehicles status. Either way, bugging him for info or providing it seemed to piss him off equally. 😆

·
Registered
259 Posts
🤣🤣 and next years the report will be Canada only amounts to 0.001% because they won’t build them. They could of sold one more in 2020 if they had to build mine. But who am I. And the thing about chip shortages and sunroof parts don’t hold water to me. Where there chip and sunroof parts shortages last July when I ordered. (Didn’t matter I didn’t have a sunroof with my order.) Probably not. Everyone can surmise about what’s going on at Dodge and why they are not building Canadian orders, it would be nice if Dodge or FCA would just come out and say what’s happening just tell me. There will be no build for me this year. That’s all i want. Stop dangling the carrot.
And another thing was there was no notification that my 2020 was be ported to a 2021. I called the dealership and told him.🤣

Key Stats
And you probably hit the-nail on the head with ur comments. 👍

·
Registered
512 Posts
My salesperson is not overly cooperative. He basically says he has no access which is why I started doing the chat sessions. They told me when it was in paint, then when it went to trim and finally to shipping. At that point when I’d message he’d say we are now waiting on dates. I didn’t get all the codes but it worked well for me. I was actually telling my salesman the vehicles status. Either way, bugging him for info or providing it seemed to piss him off equally. 😆
My salesman couldn't print me a POC either. As with that and every other question I had he needed to get up from his chair to go see the wizard behind the curtain.

·
Registered
259 Posts
My salesperson is not overly cooperative. He basically says he has no access which is why I started doing the chat sessions. They told me when it was in paint, then when it went to trim and finally to shipping. At that point when I’d message he’d say we are now waiting on dates. I didn’t get all the codes but it worked well for me. I was actually telling my salesman the vehicles status. Either way, bugging him for info or providing it seeme to piss him off equally. 😆
but he was right there to take ur order and deposit though. He has access. Or the sales manager does.

My salesman couldn't print me a POC either. As with that and every other question I had he needed to get up from his chair to go see the wizard behind the curtain.
🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
114 Posts
but he was right there to take ur order and deposit though. He has access. Or the sales manager does.
The new car sales manager and I didn’t hit it off. We got into a loud conversation that emptied the showroom floor of all customers but me. It ended when I asked him if he’d always been this stupid. So he would probably not be willing to help me. I had in the past purchased 3 vehicles from that dealership (previous management) and when the General Manager heard what had happened, he called me and asked if I would consider coming in and deal with him only. I agreed to come in that next Saturday and he sent the new car sales manager to watch his son play ball that morning. The rest is history. Now, I paid sticker less incentives, so it could have been a super elaborate good cop, bad cop but that would have been risky. I only went back because of the cash offer for my current vehicle.

Reactions: Sully’s Hemi

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,139 ·
So, interesting. I was looking at my build sheet. Near the bottom I found this....Special Scheduling Condition VII. I did some research on this and here is what I found...
It means someone with juice within the organization of scheduling or higher up put this car in the schedule by request.... If I remember correctly, this is a priority build and you move toward the front of the line.
I still don't know who or why but I guess that explains the one week build.

Believe it may just apply to sold orders as well, as opposed to stock orders

A Guy

4121 - 4140 of 4398 Posts