26,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,141 ·
It says they are getting shafted, that hasn't changed

A Guy

Reactions: Loopy

·
Registered
142 Posts
The new car sales manager and I didn’t hit it off. We got into a loud conversation that emptied the showroom floor of all customers but me. It ended when I asked him if he’d always been this stupid. So he would probably not be willing to help me. I had in the past purchased 3 vehicles from that dealership (previous management) and when the General Manager heard what had happened, he called me and asked if I would consider coming in and deal with him only. I agreed to come in that next Saturday and he sent the new car sales manager to watch his son play ball that morning. The rest is history. Now, I paid sticker less incentives, so it could have been a super elaborate good cop, bad cop but that would have been risky. I only went back because of the cash offer for my current vehicle.
Just deal with the Sales management then. I had the same problem but now, even though still stupid, he’s (the salesman) very friendly and accommodating.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered mine on August 1st and got a VIN the next day. I still haven't heard anything or tried to check on the status since I know it won't speed it up, but just wondering if I should and how you go about it? I know it was probably mentioned numerous times, but I assume you check in with the dealer to see if he has heard anything?
I ordered August 3rd......narrow body scat pack fully loaded with sunroof. Just got notified yesterday I am in "I" status.....inspection.....will be neat to see who's gets delivered first....

Hey everybody. Very nice to read these posts.........only get a little info from my sales rep. Ordered my dream car on August 3rd - Black/red scat pack that is fully loaded with a sunroof. Feel like a kid waiting on it. worked many years to be able to have this. I'm a former GM guy, had older camaros, firebirds, vettes (C3s), but my favorite car I've ever had was an '04 GTO when they first came out. Haven't had a "fun" car in a long time.....can't wait. Dealer told me yesterday we are in "I" status for "Inspection". what steps come after that? Thanks and hope everybody doing well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey everybody. Very nice to read these posts.........only get a little info from my sales rep. Ordered my dream car on August 3rd - Black/red scat pack that is fully loaded with a sunroof. Feel like a kid waiting on it. worked many years to be able to have this. I'm a former GM guy, had older camaros, firebirds, vettes (C3s), but my favorite car I've ever had was an '04 GTO when they first came out. Haven't had a "fun" car in a long time.....can't wait. Dealer told me yesterday we are in "I" status for "Inspection". what steps come after that? Thanks and hope everybody doing well.
Font Paper Rectangle Paper product Letter

Your dealer has to pay for it soon.

·
Registered
2021 IndiGo Blue Scat Pack Shaker
9 Posts
9/11/21 - Dealer says that ETA to be shipped is the week of 9/14.
9/12/21 - Window Sticker was available online.
9/13/21 - Dodge Chat says waiting for shipping with no ETA. Suggested checking back in 1-2 weeks.
9/15/21 - Dealer sent a txt - ETA between 9/16-9/27

Ordered on 8/23/21. Got the VIN from the dealer a few days later.
SP Shaker
8SP Auto
Plus Package
Driver Convenience Group
Alpine Audio
Sunroof
Indigo Blue

Dodge Chat says it is in trim on 9/6/21.
Sent to upfitter (9/9/21). Build sheet became available.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Congrats. That’s interesting. Once I hit KZ I was able to see sticker.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Congrats. That’s interesting. Once I hit KZ I was able to see sticker.
I know. I hope that this is truth. I will head over there later today and have him print out the price order confirmation and see it for myself. It could just be a delay for getting it posted.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I know. I hope that this is truth. I will head over there later today and have him print out the price order confirmation and see it for myself. It could just be a delay for getting it posted.
BTW. I don’t know where you are but my car was at upstate NY dealer 21 days after I learned I was KZ.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You will have to go back through this
where do you go to see your sticker? dealer sales rep?
You will have to go back through this discussion and find it. First you find the build sheet, prior to the final inspection, and then the sticker should be posted at the time of the KZ status. While you are at it, also look for the print out of all the different status definitions. It will be about three pages.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,157 ·

A Guy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any Canadians here still stuck in BX and how long? Im coming from the charger forum placed my order 6/24 and still no update. I live down the street from the brampton plant 😑
Hope you have time to wait. I ordered my Challenger 2021 Shaker on April30th and have still not got a VIN number, thats now like 4 1/2 months and I use to work at the plant, retired now and was told by the union that i would have a car by August at the latest. To this day i still have no idea when i will be getting my car. I have since been told that they do not want to build cars for Canada at this time, as it is an American company, and that they will get the cars first. They will be building 2021 cars until the end of November so I still have a chance to get one before the end of the year. Good luck to you and all the rest of the people in Canada that have ordered a car. If its a V6 engine that you ordered you stand a better chance of getting it sooner. Anything with more power and you will be waiting for quite awhile. Keep in touch and tell me how you make out , I will too.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Latest update from my dealership is that they did get the KZ status this morning and they were invoiced this morning and payment was automatic. I stopped by there and spoke with the accounting department. They said it should only be a few days. I will not get my hopes up yet…much🤗. However, there is still no indication of the window sticker.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hope you have time to wait. I ordered my Challenger 2021 Shaker on April30th and have still not got a VIN number, thats now like 4 1/2 months and I use to work at the plant, retired now and was told by the union that i would have a car by August at the latest. To this day i still have no idea when i will be getting my car. I have since been told that they do not want to build cars for Canada at this time, as it is an American company, and that they will get the cars first. They will be building 2021 cars until the end of November so I still have a chance to get one before the end of the year. Good luck to you and all the rest of the people in Canada that have ordered a car. If its a V6 engine that you ordered you stand a better chance of getting it sooner. Anything with more power and you will be waiting for quite awhile. Keep in touch and tell me how you make out , I will too.
I put in my order at early April 2021 on a basic RT without Sunroof and ran into the same situation as you did. Only VON but no VIN. I had contacted my Dealer several times but nothing more than Chip Shortage...CoVid...plant shut down..no ETA. I called Dodge Chat but they would not comment anything on Canadian orders. I called Chrysler Canada and been told to deal with your Dealer so its a run around. Sounds like you have more channels to access more info since you used to work for the Plant. Please keep us Canadians update if you hear anything from your sources. It will be the best Christmas Gift if I can get my RT before Christmas.

4141 - 4160 of 4398 Posts