Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm still trying to decide between the regular body with adaptive suspension, the 1320 or the wide body. I like the WB looks from most angles, but the extra wide wheels aren't really necessary IMO. I'm thinking if I got at least 275's on the regular body and upgrade to wider tires in the rear later, I'd be all set. I sure wish there was an easy way to swap out the WB or hellcat front end on the regular body though as that would be awesome.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
I wish ida ordered the wide body, its so sexy...

Oh well, next upgrade.
Nah, it’s far better looking without the slapped on excuses for a wide body. By definition those are fender extensions or wheel opening moldings.

·
Registered
15,050 Posts
So we only test drove the regular suspension 392 Scat Pack narrowbody and I ordered mine with adaptive suspension - does it ride smoother than the regular shocks? That's the one option we didn't test out but I went with adaptive so it'd be a cushier ride. Hoping they won't be stiffer!

Edit: we liked the regular shocks just fine if that helps, I just always like to go for a little extra
It's 3 mode so you can set it like you want and yes, in street mode it rides much smoother.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Scat Pack 392, Frostbite Blue
33 Posts
Thanks much, Slidd, VERY glad to hear it. Surprising to note that the regular stock shocks on the narrowbody Scat ride exactly like my BMW 650i in comfort mode. We get a lot for our money with this Challenger. Steers just as precisely too. (Why am I leaving BMW? THE MAINTENANCE BILLS.)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Spoke with Dodge Chat again today, was expecting them to say they're still gathering parts... BUT the lady said all parts have been gathered AND Bluto is sequenced for production and to check back next week for another update! I can hardly contain myself!

·
Registered
962 Posts
That's great news Frostbite brother but don't listen to them. They're just trying to slow down chats. I bet you'll have another status update before then.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Man EVH that's gonna be one killer Hellraisin. Only difference from my order is the manual trans and the spoiler and carbon interior pack. I hope everybody on this thread who has an order in posts photos when they take delivery, I'm stoked for all of you guys and gals too.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,025 Posts
Ordered Monday October 26th

Challenger Scat pack 392

Hellraisin
6 speed manual
Technology group
Driver convenience group
Plus group
Carbon & suede interior package
Harmon kardon sound group
Dynamics package
Uconnect 4C Nav
SRT Barracuda spoiler
Adaptive damping suspension
Nice, should be a great ride, the adaptive damping suspension is definitely one of the options I want next time around.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack
29 Posts
Make sure ya check it really well on pickup. Last few cars I've ordered had shipping damage.

Fingers crossed for a Thanksgiving weekend delivery!

·
Registered
15,050 Posts
And also take it on a GOOD test drive to check for pull or vibration BEFORE signing anything!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good points Slidd and Laggy. I just got a call from the dealership, they say shipping date is 11/23. Should receive two weeks after that. STOKED BEYOND BELIEF but cautious, we'll check her out real good before we sign.

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
I checked some VINs on cars for sale and no build sheets came up so guess not yet started production.

It looks like the old projected start date of Nov 9th for MY 2021 might be what actually happens

there's been '20 Gold Rush 50th Anniversary models just arriving at dealers, so there must have been work going on to finish the '20 models and downtime for maintenance on the plant facilities before the start up for '21s

·
Registered
33 Posts
That makes sense, Hal, I'm in semiconductor manufacturing and you sure do use the tool conversion process as time to repair and maintain your equipment cause it's down anyway.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Ordered Monday October 26th

Challenger Scat pack 392

Hellraisin
6 speed manual
Technology group
Driver convenience group
Plus group
Carbon & suede interior package
Harmon kardon sound group
Dynamics package
Uconnect 4C Nav
SRT Barracuda spoiler
Adaptive damping suspension
Nice order, I'm sure you will JUMP for joy when it arrives. It will cause an ERUPTION when it hits the street as EVERBODY will WANT SOME. Looks like this will be the car of your DREAMS. Can't wait until you get to see that 392 UNCHAINED. I'LL WAIT for some future status updates and pictures of that beautiful car as YOU REALLY GOT ME interested. A little play off your name. A fan of Eddie and I hope he rests in peace, as many of us will miss him.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice order, I'm sure you will JUMP for joy when it arrives. It will cause an ERUPTION when it hits the street as EVERBODY will WANT SOME. Looks like this will be the car of your DREAMS. Can't wait until you get to see that 392 UNCHAINED. I'LL WAIT for some future status updates and pictures of that beautiful car as YOU REALLY GOT ME interested. A little play off your name. A fan of Eddie and I hope he rests in peace, as many of us will miss him.
RIGHT NOW i’m waiting very impatiently because I can’t wait to fly down MEAN STREET.. but I’LL WAIT until the AFTERSHOCK of winter is over so I don’t end up wreaking it and have to yell SOMEBODY GET ME A DOCTOR then turn BLACK AND BLUE.
The 392 really is a SOURCE OF INFECTION and it FEELS SO GOOD to be behind the wheel, I really miss the 2015 I had and cruising around during those SUMMER NIGHTS blasting PANAMA.
I’ll post plenty of pictures on JUDGEMENT DAY and I’ll most definitely be on the TOP OF THE WORLD.

Eddie was the reason I picked up the guitar, and one of the first things I bonded with my dad over...
This whole Challenger thing is a tribute to my dad. He was tragically killed December 1st 2019 and he was a major Mopar guy.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Great response and sorry about your loss. I'm sure he'll be smiling down once you get that dark purple dream, as will we. Can't wait for pictures. Hope snow doesn't delay your day and enjoyment.

·
Registered
15,050 Posts
Wow that undercut Donlen's Nov 9th estimate by four days! Good news
But the order banks opened 32 days before Donlen predicted it would so surprised it took this long!

81 - 100 of 139 Posts