Dodge Challenger Forum banner

101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Scat Pack 392, Frostbite Blue
33 Posts
Another good point, Slidd - possibly bumping out the last of the 2020s? I remember I could have ordered a gold rush 50th Anniversary as a 2020 but nothing else, so we went for 2021.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just bugged Dodge Chat, despite my dealer calling me with the ship date of the 23rd all I can get out of the Chat folks are "Parts have been collected and the vehicle should enter the build process soon". Nothin more.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You KNOW just like back in the service it's gonna be all of a sudden "Your car's ready, hurry hurry hurry come take delivery for heavens sakes hurry"

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah I hear ya column. I bet you’ll get yours roundabout first or second week of December.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah I hear ya column. I bet you’ll get yours roundabout first or second week of December.
ESTIMATED ship date and actual probably variable they are built in ontario so if train to a holding area, depot then trucked to dealership could be a while . it'll check chat near my "ship" date. not sure if any here has any experience with ship date and dealer arrival--prep time when to call customer "date"

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just checked in this morning to Dodge Chat, still the same "Parts have been gathered and it should be entering production very soon, we have no estimated ship date at this time"... bummer

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack
29 Posts
Got an update from my dealer today, new ship date is nov 21. Up to 2 weeks for delivery, then whatever time they take to prep the car.

Seems like they get more info than the chat does...

Because the chat person said it still only scheduled...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Valuable info, fellas. Sounds like now is the time to switch to pinging the dealer for me.

·
Registered
15,050 Posts
Strange thing, I checked on cars.com a couple weeks ago and they had a bunch of 2021 Challengers and Chargers showing up, now can't hardly find a single one. Can't even select the year 2021 on the app. What's going on? FCA, oops I mean Stellantis, messing with us?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

Ordered my first Challenger (and first new car) back on September 4th.
Checked in with dealer today for a status update (they did warn me ordering has taken much longer this year due to production being shut down earlier in the year).
They provided me with a copy of the Priced Order Confirmation (POC) with a VON showing Status Code C. I just chatted with Dodge chat to confirm, and they have confirmed it is status C.

My question is this: POC sheet from dealer shows "Scheduling Priority: 2-Fastest Moving Vehicle Order"
Is this a high priority? Could this mean I could see the car by Christmas/New Years?
I'm not new to the car business, just new to ordering a new car (I work at a used car dealer). Was told by one of my coworkers who used to work for a franchise dealer (for over a decade) that Schedule 2 is a very high priority and that most orders are usually Priority 5 or 6.

Challenger being ordered is a 2021 Scat Pack Wide Body. Challenger's always been a dream car of mine and when the widebody came out for the scat pack I started saving immediately. I've always liked muscle cars that can handle (had a suspension built fox body in the past and have a built suspension crown vic as a daily driver currently).
Built the car on Dodge's website a million times for the past year while I saved. Had to order one as finding a scat pack wb in manual with the options I wanted and without a sunroof has been utterly impossible.

Thanks in advance for any input on this.
tWffV5I.png

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) As far as I know, that is the 2nd highest priority for customer cars. Scheduling Priority: 1-Sold Order being the first (makes sense). But there isn't a lot of info out there on how the orders work...does dealer stock get a priority? Do high volume dealers get a higher priority? Do dealers with a higher allotment get a higher priority? Do certain trims get a priority? I know there is a Stock Order - Priority 4, but do the higher priority (lower number) mean they are built in that order? Also depends on available parts, whether it goes to the upfitter, etc.

I'd say generally, it would be better to have the higher priority ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
238 Posts
I had no idea the 21's were out already as I've be concentrating on trying to sell my house and find a decent one with a garage lately. But its a relief to see that some places are offering discounts on them this soon. I was worried I would lose out on the HP rebate if I waited too long and got a 21 instead of a 20, which still may be the case, but looks like 3-5k off is pretty common even on cars just arriving at dealerships.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just pinged Dodge Chat again this morning and evidently got the right guy - Bluto is fully built and ready for the road, will arrive at the dealer 11/30 - 12/7... I can hardly contain myself!

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack
29 Posts
When did you order yours? Mine has to be close. Im dying of excitement.

Also, did your build sheet ever show up on the dodge vin check thing?

101 - 120 of 139 Posts