Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1261 - 1280 of 1424 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Company won't like that and they will kill your warranty.

If you look at a build sheet on a US car, it will say Built to US Market Specifications, and if you register that vehicle in any country other than the US, there will be no warranty coverage.

So I'm surprised the dealer suggested this.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
We will.tag it in ohio no biggy

If dodge would.send sold orders to canada i wouldnt have to do it.

But i can and i will....

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
We will.tag it in ohio no biggy

If dodge would.send sold orders to canada i wouldnt have to do it.

But i can and i will....
Necessity is the mother of invention! Go for it! (y)

Reactions: Sidkaul

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does anyone know if the Dodge system is still assigning VIN's and scheduling orders, or does it shut down with the plant? I placed my order this week, and I was just wondering if I should be expecting my VIN or wait to follow up until the plant reopens in mid-April.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone know if the Dodge system is still assigning VIN's and scheduling orders, or does it shut down with the plant? I placed my order this week, and I was just wondering if I should be expecting my VIN or wait to follow up until the plant reopens in mid-April.
They still accept orders and issue VON/VIN's.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I just heard the factories are going to be shut down for 3 weeks. Since I am about ready to order, what will this most likely do? Granted the build will take another 3-4 weeks more than normal, but will it hurt the incentives coming up soon or in the near future or mainly cost of the remaining cars on the lots not getting the discounts like they were?
:unsure:Good question.

I doubt it unless it was very minor. Also, it would have to be 2 smooth surfaces contacting each other or I am pretty sure it would cut it. I imagine it may reduce paint damage so maybe you could just have the film repaired. This is the first time I have tried it so a definite learning curve for me.

Maybe call or try the chat line. Can't hurt.
Also curious if that Expel will protect doors against door dings that are common and easily got in public parking lots when people / kids swing those doors open. Got to watch out for those two door cars and Camaros as they have long heavy doors. o_O

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I call shenanigans on trouble free. Mechanically, maybe so... but we got our daughter a brand new 2015 Touring Civic... nothing but electrical problems and a navigation system that is schizophrenic.
I have heard that Hondas had a very complicated trouble informant system. I don't know if that is true of today new car models. My last Honda was a 1985 CRX I bought brand new back then. Six months later they came out with the special black edition CRX with electric sunroof and fuel injection that I liked alot better but too soon as I would have taken a big hit in depreciation $$$$

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just heard the factories are going to be shut down for 3 weeks. Since I am about ready to order, what will this most likely do? Granted the build will take another 3-4 weeks more than normal, but will it hurt the incentives coming up soon or in the near future or mainly cost of the remaining cars on the lots not getting the discounts like they were?
It all depends on demand, but I would expect the available stock to become relatively limited. The production cuts are effecting virtual all the manufacturers too, so I think the limited stock is going to be widespread thus it will become more of a sellers market with little reason for incentives on the manufacturers' part. Dodge has already dropped its cashback promotion to $2k from $3k on the latest round of promotions (starting April 1st).

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
It all depends on demand, but I would expect the available stock to become relatively limited. The production cuts are effecting virtual all the manufacturers too, so I think the limited stock is going to be widespread thus it will become more of a sellers market with little reason for incentives on the manufacturers' part. Dodge has already dropped its cashback promotion to $2k from $3k on the latest round of promotions (starting April 1st).
You think May, June or July would be better?

·
Registered
24 Posts
You think May, June or July would be better?
Hard to say at this point. We do not know if there will be continued part shortages that may shut the plant down again later. Assuming the plant does not have to shut down again and runs normal volume, the longer you wait the more chance the inventory will be replenished and higher incentives might return. However, you also run the risk of the order not being able to be completed before the change-over to the next model year. Once they start the next model year, you are unlikely to get much in promotions until the previous model year inventory is sold from the dealer lots. If you are not picky about what you want, your best bet is to wait till the next model year comes out and try to find a current year model on a dealer lot, but your selection will probably be limited.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Hard to say at this point. We do not know if there will be continued part shortages that may shut the plant down again later. Assuming the plant does not have to shut down again and runs normal volume, the longer you wait the more chance the inventory will be replenished and higher incentives might return. However, you also run the risk of the order not being able to be completed before the change-over to the next model year. Once they start the next model year, you are unlikely to get much in promotions until the previous model year inventory is sold from the dealer lots. If you are not picky about what you want, your best bet is to wait till the next model year comes out and try to find a current year model on a dealer lot, but your selection will probably be limited.
Is this a common thing that has happened in the past that slowed down production at the factory with Dodge as far as part shortages? I know Chev. I ran into things that slowed the ordered down where one or more of their parts vendors couldn't deliver or because of "constraints" so instead of getting that Precision Red color I ended up with another color which was fine because in the end everything turned out positive in that the color was a better color for me to manage and maintain.
I wasn't offered a $395 grey wheel option from factory as that came in later in the year after my car was built. I wanted that option, that would have cost me $1,600+ to buy those factory wheels. Ditto for dual top option 1,600 that held up order so I just ordered the painted top 0 charge so order was not held up and bought a translucent top 6 months later at a discounted price from parts department from a customer who didn't want it. Now that saved me $1,000 dollars and time from the factory order.
The bottom line is that it will be a FACTORY ORDER the way I want it equipped exactly. I can wait another year or two BUT I do not want to end up with the first year model of the first change over. If anything It must be the LAST model year of the current body/interior style. This I am very sure of as my last two factory orders I waited one year for each car to be built and delivered from factory and that is how sure I know what I wanted at that time as well as now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Greetings FridayGt,
We would be more than happy to help you with vehicle order inquiries.
Please follow up with us via PM at your earliest convenience.
Rob
Dodge Cares
Not sure what I was expecting, but I followed up with a PM and got a canned statement response that was no longer accurate as it was an old statement (about the upcoming shutdown next week, though by now it happened last week). Disappointing that it took them 5 days to copy and paste a no longer accurate statement. If that's what they were going to do, why ask me to message in the first place? Could have just left it be, but now I'm frustrated AND annoyed. Protip @DodgeCares , if you genuinely can't do anything further to assist, don't ask people to send you a message and then blow it off, you just exacerbate things that would have been otherwise fine...

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Not sure what I was expecting, but I followed up with a PM and got a canned statement response that was no longer accurate as it was an old statement (about the upcoming shutdown next week, though by now it happened last week). Disappointing that it took them 5 days to copy and paste a no longer accurate statement. If that's what they were going to do, why ask me to message in the first place? Could have just left it be, but now I'm frustrated AND annoyed. Protip @DodgeCares , if you genuinely can't do anything further to assist, don't ask people to send you a message and then blow it off, you just exacerbate things that would have been otherwise fine...
All fluff and no substance. Sad but typical in this day and age. :(

1261 - 1280 of 1424 Posts