Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1301 - 1320 of 1424 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Seats, Carpets & Headliner, Dash, Metals, Plastics coated
Prevents Staining ,Protects From Spills, Scuffs, Marks from Pen, Markers, etc.

I'm terrible with spills and I have dogs :).
The interior protection package is from the Expel shop or the dealership?
Is the headliner that suede material?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have never used those services for interior of car. I Just use 303 or Zaino and some products from AutoGeek.
Yep, same, 303, Poor Boys trim restorer, P21S wax etc...etc...I can't keep up with it anymore in Flawda, between my road and the oaks at work..meh. Gonna try this route, get the car off on the right foot. See how it works out.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Yep, same, 303, Poor Boys trim restorer, P21S wax etc...etc...I can't keep up with it anymore in Flawda, between my road and the oaks at work..meh. Gonna try this route, get the car off on the right foot. See how it works out.
I do know that per Consumer Reports one should avoid all of those protection packages from the DEALERSHIP. I know you are having a specialty shop do this with the Expel which is more of a specialty thing so I am not sure if the above applies vs. do it yourself applications on interior. They maybe no better or worse than what you can buy yourself to save $$$$.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Reactions: SaturationMod

·
Registered
87 Posts
4/19 isn't that the date the factory is scheduled to re-open?
Probably, but this is supposed to be the people that handle all the cases with customer care.

My car was issued a window sticker on 3/8/21 & it's only a 530 mile drive from the factory to the dealer.

I'm already in contact with another dealer that has a 2020 with Power Dollars.
I'm only giving my dealer another couple of days before I move forward with a different purchase.
If that falls through too then I won't be buying a Stellantis product.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Probably, but this is supposed to be the people that handle all the cases with customer care.

My car was issued a window sticker on 3/8/21 & it's only a 530 mile drive from the factory to the dealer.

View attachment 1019307

I'm only giving my dealer another couple of days before I move forward with a different purchase.
Our Scat pack window sticker was created on 02/18 and the car was delivered last friday 04/02.My parents Scat pack window was created on 02/25 and it was also delivered on 04/02. It would seem you are still well within the time window for how long deliveries are taking on the cars. We are approx 900 miles from the plant.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts

View attachment 1019307

Ok so you have a factory order 2021 SPWB that is hung up with the car you want exactly the way you want it built.
By going to a dealership and purchasing a 2020 model will cost you less $$ because it is a year old. Are there are some sacrifices involved like options you don't want/need? Also the 2020 model will cost you less and even more so with Power Dollars involved.
Now what are the differences between the 2020 model and 2021 model and will the savings be enough to justify this course of action? You can get your down payment back on the factory ordered car?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Our Scat pack window sticker was created on 02/18 and the car was delivered last friday 04/02.My parents Scat pack window was created on 02/25 and it was also delivered on 04/02. It would seem you are still well within the time window for how long deliveries are taking on the cars. We are approx 900 miles from the plant.
Every 2 weeks the dealer says it's going to be another 2 weeks.

1320's are supposed to get special enclosed trailer service to the dealer so it shouldn't be waiting to get loaded onto a train somewhere.

So far it appears that my $3K rebate is now $2K, & my $1K bonus cash from the email expires at the end of the month.
I'm not paying an extra $1-2K for this car.

Dodge customer care employees are the politest & most useless people on the planet.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Every 2 weeks the dealer says it's going to be another 2 weeks.

1320's are supposed to get special enclosed trailer service to the dealer so it shouldn't be waiting to get loaded onto a train somewhere.

So far it appears that my $3K rebate is now $2K, & my $1K bonus cash from the email expires at the end of the month.
I'm not paying an extra $1-2K for this car.

Dodge customer care employees are the politest & most useless people on the planet.
I still haven't received those rebates in the e-mail when I ordered a brochure through Dodge website.
I guess I better try it again unless they stopped those rebates and Power Dollars. :unsure:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ok so you have a factory order 2021 SPWB that is hung up with the car you want exactly the way you want it built.
By going to a dealership and purchasing a 2020 model will cost you less $$ because it is a year old. Are there are some sacrifices involved like options you don't want/need? Also the 2020 model will cost you less and even more so with Power Dollars involved.
Now what are the differences between the 2020 model and 2021 model and will the savings be enough to justify this course of action? You can get your down payment back on the factory ordered car?
It's not optioned the same - the biggest drawback is the color.
I lose the nav radio but I don't care, I don't really need it anyway.

On a 2020, I get $4,850 in power dollars plus another $1K from the email by taking delivery at the end of the month.
The base price on the 2020 is also less to begin with so we're talking about a significant amount of money.

Or, for basically the same money after rebates I can get a 2020 from the west coast in my color with a lot more options.

1301 - 1320 of 1424 Posts