Dodge Challenger Forum banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack
29 Posts
ok, wow. ordered mine 9/27 fingers crossed that the dealer was right.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Awesome!
Refreshing the infotainment thing every hour or so, today is my supposed ship day.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Awesome! Multiple cars moving now ;)

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Should be soon, last year it was up by now

A Guy

Reactions: Envyous71

·
Registered
15,050 Posts
I know not the same but you can build and price at nadaguides.com.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Checked the chat line today, car is built, waiting on QA testing. No estimated elivery date.

Awesome. Just a lil behind.

Also, the component list is up!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered a 2021 Challenger R/T Shaker in October and now it's in the shipping stage. I'm so excited for it's arrival, but it will be a few days after it's delivery before I can pick her up. My concern is that while it's "sitting" at the dealership, some hot head employee of theirs will swipe the keys and be out redlining it like a total douchebag! Does anyone know how the testing/inspection at the factory works? Will the car come with a blank slate? I am aware that it may get a few miles on it due to loading and unloading while in transit but if there is already a fastest time on it, I should be concerned, right?

Any help with this would be appreciated very much!!!

·
Registered
2021 Scat Pack 392, Frostbite Blue
33 Posts
I can't say it's not a possibility, and I think you touched on an excellent point - the top speed might not be accurate, have a gander at what I found when I had the same concern - the top speed numbers might be super high if they test it on a lift.

New owner furious after finding top speed info | SRT Hellcat Forum

I would say any more than 10-12 miles would be suspect.

True story: my late brother in law ordered a brand new black Z-28 back in 1982 when they first went to the F-Body. He went to go pick it up at the dealership ... it had more than 300 miles on the clock. Poor fellow had to take the dealership to court to get the deposit back.

Check behind the wheels for tire rubber particles indicative of burnouts as well. I'll bet you will easily detect any wrongdoing on your inspection. Just my three cents though, take with a large block of salt.

·
Registered
15,050 Posts
I ordered a 2021 Challenger R/T Shaker in October and now it's in the shipping stage. I'm so excited for it's arrival, but it will be a few days after it's delivery before I can pick her up. My concern is that while it's "sitting" at the dealership, some hot head employee of theirs will swipe the keys and be out redlining it like a total douchebag! Does anyone know how the testing/inspection at the factory works? Will the car come with a blank slate? I am aware that it may get a few miles on it due to loading and unloading while in transit but if there is already a fastest time on it, I should be concerned, right?

Any help with this would be appreciated very much!!!
Unlikely that will happen but surely you know someone who can be there when the car comes in to take pics of everything including the odometer.

And you just instruct the dealer to leave the car sit alone and untouched until you get back.

On the mileage, since you have a Shaker there could be as many as 20 miles on it since it goes to the Upfitter for completion but they are driven carefully and there is no hotrodding or abuse on the factory side. There is an instrument test done that sweeps the gauge to a high value and the dealer is supposed to clear but if they don't, yes you might be shocked.

There is a roller up there that they run the cars on but it's just a quick test to check the powertrain and brakes. There is NO high speed testing done at Brampton, any high-speed numbers appearing on your car will be from the gauge test. The dealer is supposed to clear all the speed readings but most wouldn't even know how to do it much less do it so prepare for it to be there and this would be normal. My car read 119 mph, some were as high as 179 mph so obviously not a real number.

So I'd worry more about the inspection and test drive, they both must be done properly to make sure the car is right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't say it's not a possibility, and I think you touched on an excellent point - the top speed might not be accurate, have a gander at what I found when I had the same concern - the top speed numbers might be super high if they test it on a lift.

New owner furious after finding top speed info | SRT Hellcat Forum

I would say any more than 10-12 miles would be suspect.

True story: my late brother in law ordered a brand new black Z-28 back in 1982 when they first went to the F-Body. He went to go pick it up at the dealership ... it had more than 300 miles on the clock. Poor fellow had to take the dealership to court to get the deposit back.

Check behind the wheels for tire rubber particles indicative of burnouts as well. I'll bet you will easily detect any wrongdoing on your inspection. Just my three cents though, take with a large block of salt.
Top speed and fastest time are not the same. Top speed is usually produced during testing after the build. It's a part of inspection. Fastest time is 0-60, someone ripping gears to get to 60 as quick as possible potentially causing damage to my car, that's my concern.

·
Registered
15,050 Posts
Fastest time is 0-60, someone ripping gears to get to 60 as quick as possible potentially causing damage to my car, that's my concern.
If this happens it will be a dealer issue, there is no one in transit running these cars like this.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just too much going on this week
Will pick up my shaker this Monday

wanted to rent a car then wife and I can drive home together BUT......
Covid issues enterprise won’t do that e way rental
Sooooooo Monday

·
Registered
134 Posts
Where do you check the status ..id love to see where mines at
You have to call your dealer. Dodge chat and phone calls doesn’t work if your from Canada.
They can see your order number but no info is available.

121 - 139 of 139 Posts