Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1641 - 1660 of 1785 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Shaker • F8 Green • 5.7 Liter Hemi • 6 Speed Manual
93 Posts
hmmm might be an interesting promotion to let people pick their cars up at the assembly plant.
Definitely! Mercedes has had such a program forever and they make an adventure out of it. Factory tour. Pick up your car and drive it all over. Then it gets put on a ship to the dealership for another prep.... I don't know that I'd want to leave the USA at this particular time with all the global insanity going on but this is a great idea, Frank.

It was a way long time ago but when I had my Corvette built I believe I could have gone to Bowling Green, KY to tour the museum and pick up my car.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Damn guys, I heard the used trade in values were insane so I just checked KBB again. My Mustang looks to be now worth around 30k to the dealer! It was worth about 24k not even a week ago and I thought that was a little high. Maybe now is the time to get that Challenger? If I do decide I don't like it or really like the looks of the new Nissan Z this time next year, I probably could even trade it in as I should still be in the black with a 20k equity down payment and also making monthly payments for that time. The only thing is its starting to be slim pickings on a Challenger I would want in my color and acceptable options. The new car rebates are starting to go down and I noticed some dealers are even putting markups on their cars. I guess I could always order one and see if that dealer is still offering that 4% under invoice and hope that the 0% interest rate for 72 months is still available when it arrives.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Damn guys, I heard the used trade in values were insane so I just checked KBB again. My Mustang looks to be now worth around 30k to the dealer! It was worth about 24k not even a week ago and I thought that was a little high. Maybe now is the time to get that Challenger? If I do decide I don't like it or really like the looks of the new Nissan Z this time next year, I probably could even trade it in as I should still be in the black with a 20k equity down payment and also making monthly payments for that time. The only thing is its starting to be slim pickings on a Challenger I would want in my color and acceptable options. The new car rebates are starting to go down and I noticed some dealers are even putting markups on their cars. I guess I could always order one and see if that dealer is still offering that 4% under invoice and hope that the 0% interest rate for 72 months is still available when it arrives.
Do you think the dealers give a shit about KBB? I was curious about this because my Jeep I’m trading in next week when my car comes is showing a higher trade in value than I expected too.

·
Registered
115 Posts
2021 Challenger GT AWD, Plus Group, Technology Group, Driver Convenience Group, Blacktop Package, Alpine Audio Group, IndiGo Blue, power sunroof, Uconnect 4C NAV.
What's a "custom gt"?
I ordered a sorta similar 21 GT, but RWD and Octane Red. I didn't get Blacktop, but did get Plus, Technology, Driver Convenience, Performance Handling, Alpine Audio, 8 inch Nav, Compact Spare, and Interior Appearance options. Wrote deposit on 3/6/21 and picked it up on 4/9/21.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Do you think the dealers give a shit about KBB? I was curious about this because my Jeep I’m trading in next week when my car comes is showing a higher trade in value than I expected too.
I'm sure they won't give you the full price of the KBB quote, but it would be good leverage to get more out of it if they try to low-ball you. If they don't want to play ball, I have no problem walking out, but first be sure to tell them you are going to see what the other dealer you were dealing with has to say. I could always take it to carmax too since I hear they are giving very good trade in amounts. For me it would be much easier to trade it in at the dealer since I only have the one car and you get the savings on taxes, but if its in the thousands of dollars difference then that's what I will have to do. There are also many dealer sites that will give you the black book price they will use as reference when you bring it in.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, pulled down both my window sticker and build sheet. It had been stuck in the inspection phase for a while after being stuck in the paint phase over the shutdown.

Wonder if both of those being available now means it'll be heading to the upfitter soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, pulled down both my window sticker and build sheet. It had been stuck in the inspection phase for a while after being stuck in the paint phase over the shutdown.

Wonder if both of those being available now means it'll be heading to the upfitter soon.
If you have your window sticker that means it is finished (upfitter is complete) and ready to ship.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered a sorta similar 21 GT, but RWD and Octane Red. I didn't get Blacktop, but did get Plus, Technology, Driver Convenience, Performance Handling, Alpine Audio, 8 inch Nav, Compact Spare, and Interior Appearance options. Wrote deposit on 3/6/21 and picked it up on 4/9/21.
Octane red is stunning. When you wrote the deposit had the car already been ordered? A five-week turnaround including shipping doesn't sound possible during these times. How do you like the car?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Octane red is stunning. When you wrote the deposit had the car already been ordered? A five-week turnaround including shipping doesn't sound possible during these times. How do you like the car?
I ordered on 03/20 and my car is expected by 05/11. That includes the two and a half week shutdown. So looks like it can be quick in some cases, although only in the US.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
hmmm might be an interesting promotion to let people pick their cars up at the assembly plant.
Once upon a time you could avoid the destination charge by picking up your vehicle at the factory.

Reactions: Loopy and Sidkaul

·
Registered
34 Posts
Once upon a time you could avoid the destination charge by picking up your vehicle at the factory.
That is interesting. When my dad bought a Corvette in 2012 and did the Museum Delivery (which is next to the factory and includes the factory tour), you were still required to pay the destination charge. They said it was part of the transportation union's contract that they got the set fee for every car regardless of where it was headed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just got a email from my dealwrahip that my car is built (i am not able to see the build aheet though, may be on monday), delivery might take a month may be or may be 2 weeks, not confirmed yet

·
Registered
15,920 Posts
Way back I guess. I think since the 70's they've been on a flat destination where everyone pays the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Way back I guess. I think since the 70's they've been on a flat destination where everyone pays the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yup, way back like the 20s through the 50s or something. My dad used to talk about it.

Reactions: Slidd

·
Registered
99 Posts
With the current turmoil in Brampton, neither Dodge nor the dealer can give you a straight answer. Both are dishing out hopium. My car was ordered four months ago. The GM at my dealer (I know him well) told me he can't trust any information Dodge gives him, so he's reticent to share anything with me. The status of my car has flip-flopped so much, Dodge has zero credibility. If you get your car delivered by May 12th, I'd be very surprised ... and pissed as it would have to step ahead of mine to do so.
Sorry to be a bummer, but this is reality. At this juncture a car can sit in D1 for a very long time before it transitions to production. Even once in production (or at least they tell you it is) it can still get bumped back to D1. During this time Dodge will give you estimated ship dates they take off a dartboard. My car was initially scheduled to ship in March. Currently, I don't have a clue where it is.
I'm a former Quality Director with one of the largest communications companies in Canada. I can tell you with great confidence that when it comes to information systems and customer satisfaction programs, Dodge is stuck in the Stone Age.
Your in Canada dodge thinks we don't count Dec 18 2020 no vin Canadians get the shaft. Buy a Camaro or mustang.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I wrote the deposit check late on Saturday, 3/6. Dealer said they couldn't actually place the order with Dodge until the following Monday. So, I left dealer with no VON and a paper that just said "BA - Pending Order". They told me my build could take 90 days or more. So glad that it didn't take long.

I love the GT! Looks great and drives great. I feared that I might really miss my 2014 SXT which I still loved, but the GT is practically perfect for me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Apparently the GT has a shorter lead time than the R/T or at leasty my fully loaded shaker. With the shortages I suppose I expected delays and I did revert drom D1 to D briefly, I presume do to yet another shutdown. It is what it is I guess. This whole global shutdown is a total scam of course and even the dimmest in the population is starting to get it. I'm still (AFAIK) on schedule for the 8-10 week delivery... which will be closer to 10 weeks than 8.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've read that once they start building a car the process goes very quickly. Since the Dodge plant is a modern facility I'm guessing that statement is true for Challengers as well.

Mine has been in D1 for a while. Anyone know what the next step typically is and what the typical amount of time it takes to get it out the door to the upfitter?

Mine is a 5.7L R/T shaker M6 narrow body pretty much fully loaded options-wise.

I'm guessing it's going to be a couple of weeks in transit to PDX so that means they'll have to start buuilding it this coming week to meet or at least come close to the 8-10 week estimate. I'm not overly antsy about this but on the other hand I'm not getting any younger...

1641 - 1660 of 1785 Posts