Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1681 - 1700 of 1782 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
This came up when I searched just now. States until 6/1/21

View attachment 1021443
had the same number when I ordered mine -41320 a few days ago...

Just got a message from my dealer that my car is in paint. Not sure if I dare to believe it. Customer care told me on Friday it was still in D1. It's certainly possible for it to have gotten through body and into paint in one day if it started early Monday, just feeling skeptical.
ordered mine in hellraisin. glad I did after seeing yours.bbmac

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dealer called me today there was movement. Hit KZ and moved to West Seneca just outside of Buffalo NY this morning. I am in Delaware so hoping it wont be much longer. I assume they will truck it here from Western NY.

·
Registered
15,919 Posts
Just got a message from my dealer that my car is in paint. Not sure if I dare to believe it. Customer care told me on Friday it was still in D1. It's certainly possible for it to have gotten through body and into paint in one day if it started early Monday, just feeling skeptical.
I would only talk to my dealer now, he will get status updates and estimated arrival dates.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dealer called me today there was movement. Hit KZ and moved to West Seneca just outside of Buffalo NY this morning. I am in Delaware so hoping it wont be much longer. I assume they will truck it here from Western NY.
Good ruck on the shipping... From NY should I assume it was put together in Canada???

Ordered 2/12. Arrived today.
So happy to be back in a Challenger.
View attachment 1021539

View attachment 1021540
Nice hope mine looks as good when it gets here... bbmac

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys....long time lurker but finally decided to join! I've been paying special attention to this particular thread as I'm also waiting for my SPWB. Order placed on 4/1. I've reached out to Dodge Care and my dealer a few different times and it doesn't look like there are any real updates available yet. Last week my dealer said that my status is D1 (it's been D1 for a few weeks actually) and I had a scheduled ship date of 5/4. LOL...we both had a nice laugh about that. Anyway, I'm still remaining hopeful that June could be a possibility.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey guys....long time lurker but finally decided to join! I've been paying special attention to this particular thread as I'm also waiting for my SPWB. Order placed on 4/1. I've reached out to Dodge Care and my dealer a few different times and it doesn't look like there are any real updates available yet. Last week my dealer said that my status is D1 (it's been D1 for a few weeks actually) and I had a scheduled ship date of 5/4. LOL...we both had a nice laugh about that. Anyway, I'm still remaining hopeful that June could be a possibility.

Welcome! I ordered mine 03/31 so around your time without the WB though and was told around May 12'th for delivery. Car has been in D1 so I would be lucky if I got it at the end of the month based on some of the other responses.

·
Registered
On order 2021 Scat Pack Widebody Shaker, Frostbite, A8, Plus, Tech, HK Audio, Sunroof, Red Brakes
57 Posts
Yeah, will be interesting to compare notes on our build times. And interesting that my build is ahead of yours, although I just ordered the Scat Pack narrow body so that might have something to do with it. I do wonder whether certain markets (e.g. Texas where I'm at) get prioritized somehow?
Wild_Deuce..... Mine just showed up at the dealer. Going to pick her up Saturday..... How's yours coming?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just be glad you're not ordering from Canada :)

I ordered 03/20 and my car is supposed to get her by 05/11
Wild_Deuce..... Mine just showed up at the dealer. Going to pick her up Saturday..... How's yours coming?
I'm so jealous! But also congrats! Mine hasn't arrived yet, although I don't know exactly how close it is. I'm actually okay with that, because I became a member of that Tread Lightly program to get the $500 discount and you need to be a member for at least 30 days to get the discount, which would be May 13th.

But it's funny that you leapfrogged me on shipping. I'm in Texas, which I'm guessing is further away from Ontario than where you are...

You have to show pictures!

So today, in anticipation of getting my car soon, and thinking about my dinner plans tonight, I questioned whether, when the day came, I would be comfortable leaving my challenger with restaurant valet... First time I ever had a car I cared enough for that I even questioned that.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Shaker • F8 Green • 5.7 Liter Hemi • 6 Speed Manual
93 Posts
Being a computer systems engineer I understand production control applications and manufacturing processes. GM was a big customer of ours and I went on many tours at their various facilities. I can understand a manufacturer who focuses on punching out tons of these little cardboard cars not spending much energy in keeping the customer in the manufacturing loop. But even a casual visitor to this site knows that Challenger people are not exactly your typical car customer.

I'm fairly patient and I knew to expect an 8-10 week lead time in having my Challenger built. And I am worldly enough to know that 8-10 weeks can often translate into at least twice as long. So I'm not complaining here.... just saying that the people running the Dodge division truly do not understand their customer at all....which seems mind blowing considering the salaries these cats are dragging down to NOT be responsive to their core customer base.

So the build sheet hasn't changed in a while. Still in D1. The Sales Manager gives me vague "It's just about built" updates. No window sticker yet.

So for fun I go on the chat line and she tells me that the car is built and is at the upfitter. Interesting. I'm of course happy that things seem to be moving right along especially since I ordered a fully loaded R/T shaker and figured I might be at risk for delays due to all the options I ordered.

My question is: are they just slow updating the build sheets or what? And is it me or shouldn't there be a form you can bring up, enter your VIN# and find out the status of your car? I worked as a consultant at Freightliner for a few years and when a customer brings his tractor to a dealership and plugs it in, they can immediately see EVERYTHING that has been done to their truck since birth. That was 30 years ago! We have the technology...

Ordered 3/11/21. Looks like it will be shipping soon since I can't imagine the upfitter segment takes that long.

So today, in anticipation of getting my car soon, and thinking about my dinner plans tonight, I questioned whether, when the day came, I would be comfortable leaving my challenger with restaurant valet... First time I ever had a car I cared enough for that I even questioned that.
FWIW I never let anyone drive any of my vehicles. I had a new tire put on my Harley today and of course they test drive it just in case they did something that might kill you. The urge to pull out the Sig and stop someone riding away on my scooter was difficult to resist.

So no..... a "valet" with the keys to my Challenger ain't happening.

·
Registered
On order 2021 Scat Pack Widebody Shaker, Frostbite, A8, Plus, Tech, HK Audio, Sunroof, Red Brakes
57 Posts
Just be glad you're not ordering from Canada :)

I ordered 03/20 and my car is supposed to get her by 05/11

I'm so jealous! But also congrats! Mine hasn't arrived yet, although I don't know exactly how close it is. I'm actually okay with that, because I became a member of that Tread Lightly program to get the $500 discount and you need to be a member for at least 30 days to get the discount, which would be May 13th.

But it's funny that you leapfrogged me on shipping. I'm in Texas, which I'm guessing is further away from Ontario than where you are...

You have to show pictures!
I’m in Nashville. I noticed that they raised the price of the car from time of order to delivery. The base price went from 40320 to 40645. They also raised the technology group package from 495 to 1295.

1681 - 1700 of 1782 Posts